alone(p), lone(a), lonely(a), solitaryadjective
lacking companions or companionship
"he was alone when we met him"; "she is alone much of the time"; "the lone skier on the mountain"; "a lonely fisherman stood on a tuft of gravel"; "a lonely soul"; "a solitary traveler"
marked by dejection from being alone
"felt sad and lonely"; "the loneliest night of the week"; "lonesome when her husband is away"; "spent a lonesome hour in the bar"
lone(a), lonely(a), solitaryadjective
characterized by or preferring solitude
"a lone wolf"; "a lonely existence"; "a man of a solitary disposition"; "a solitary walk"
lonely, solitary, unfrequentedadjective
devoid of creatures
"a lonely crossroads"; "a solitary retreat"; "a trail leading to an unfrequented lake"
Of person, unhappy by feelings of loneliness.
Of place, unfrequented by people; desolate.
Of person, without companions; solitary.
sequestered from company or neighbors; solitary; retired; as, a lonely situation; a lonely cell
alone, or in want of company; forsaken
not frequented by human beings; as, a lonely wood
having a feeling of depression or sadness resulting from the consciousness of being alone; lonesome
"Lonely" is a single by Senegalese-American R&B and hip hop singer Akon; it appears on his debut album, Trouble. The single was released in 2005 and was his first worldwide hit. It reached number one in several countries, including the United Kingdom, Germany, and Australia. It was also highly popular in France where it reached number two, and in the United States it peaked at #4. An edited version is on Radio Disney's playlist and on Radio Disney Jams, Vol. 8.
The Roycroft Dictionary
A peculiar feeling caused by the presence of one or more bores.
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'lonely' in Adjectives Frequency: #668
The numerical value of lonely in Chaldean Numerology is: 6
The numerical value of lonely in Pythagorean Numerology is: 2
Being alone does not make a person lonely, but the perception of being alone is what makes one lonely.
It feels lonely, as well as exhausting, each family has to make their decision that's best for their family.
He seemed so depressed and unhappy all the time, he didn't enjoy playing. He sat there all the time, not interacting with anybody. He seemed really lonely.
1. Form yourself Body like children's plasticine, become such a man so that girls and women have a natural fire between their legs, so that trousers are on fire with excitement. The same applies to girls, the more your shape, that is, the bait you are more likely to get married. 2. Cybernetics of etiquette The danger is that the robotization of the formal hypocrisy of the selfish world is developing. The cybernetics of selfish etiquette, where one will unlearn compassion and even cry, everyone will only smile politely while committing an unconscious sin that is the result of hopeless despair. 3. Around you there are a lot of ironic gifts in which there may be a hypocritical sarcasm of approval. Gifts of Fate and they all tick and only a few of them will not explode and cripple you. Be sure to save those that talk about your family and children. 4. Wild anger enveloped in chains of patience, red-hot with the fire of rage. Abstinence is the highest human feeling. You must live a life without anger, shackling him in the arms of nobility and love, and then the hellish flame of anger will turn into a steel of peace. Anger is painful because it is a delusion devoid of any sense of justice, it does not give you respect or a sense of satisfaction from justice, only a contemptible shame in front of higher powers. Anger is an unnecessary feeling of the mind and heart, it is a fire that burns the soul and defiles memory. Anger is the product of new grievances, dramas, and tragedies. Live only one life without anger, and the vicious circle of self-deception, the wheel of samsara and reincarnation of déjà vu, the whole life as an inadequate sleep will stop, and you will wake up in paradise, the same life will stop repeating itself. 5. Cyber Animatronics In all this cyber illusion of the human world, the animatronic work ethic needs to be lubricated with the machine oil of the humanity of empathy. 6. Your self-deception and selfishness Beat to death only a few enemies, laziness because of which you will become poor, fear giving problems (beat the problem, not people) and your own selfishness, because of which you will be lonely. And your most important enemy, the boss of all your problems and sorrows because of which you live in the illusions of deception - it is your self-deception because of him, you do not see the truth and the light of holiness of spirit, their death will give you happiness. 7. Fear is your shadow, the sun reflects in it all your instincts in which vices and inner flaws are hidden. Fear is a confirmation that you are alive, since the dead do not have a shadow, some after death themselves turn into a shadow. 8. Relationships are children's play tea. 9. Chaste modesty in modern society is the pestis of a hypocritical girl in an erotic costume of an angel with a trident of a devil as a symbol of bitchiness. 10. For higher powers, feelings are not important, only a reaction. 11. Loneliness is an oppressive silence, plunging into the depths of reality and the words are just noise. 12. Be against any kind of smoking, because the smoker smokes and exhales cigarette smoke. This smoke from his rotten lungs, spoiled body, harmful bacteria, all this nasty dirt in the smoke goes into your nose and mouth. If you value your health, then be against smoking 13. The smile of awareness gives sexual pleasure from your own laughter - this is an epiphany orgasm. 14. Self-deception catches your joke by grabbing your hand, the joke of which you wanted to hit someone and half of your life beats you half to death with your own joke, but this is the irony of karma. 15. All people are diamonds, but they do not cleanse themselves of the dirt of laziness, without striving for perfection, they do not want to make themselves a filigree cut to see new facets of possibilities. 16. Look at these two smiling freaks, they are your laziness and fear, they are the sixes of your egoism, while egoism submits to self-deception. Because of them, you are at the bottom of your life. Take two brass knuckles: will and courage, beat them, but kill them, I feel how you get pleasure from this, you see that you are becoming richer. Kill them because only they pull you to the bottom. 17. When the powerful bass of anger sounds, everyone is deaf in their eyes, the darkness of selfishness, and their eyes reflect drama, and maybe tragedy, but later comes realization along with crying laughter of regret. 18. Potential is a lunar eclipse when it overshadows all envious shadows. 19. Looking like a lot of playful toys called chattering teeth in the basement of mankind's thinking, this place is the abode of envy. 20. History hides the sins of selfishness under new theories. 21. Time accumulates ghosts Time accumulates ghosts, over time they can become so many that they will become a separate people and the living and the dead will live together as one people. 22. Faithful loving girls are the most gorgeous and luxurious they are priceless. 23. Psychology is stereotyped Psychology thinks very stereotypically, you cannot fully rely on it, since it is almost impossible to calculate the code of behavior or the pattern of its actions. Since a person is unpredictable even for himself. 24. Compliment girls more often Compliments are like an erotic massage of the soul and nerves for a girl. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich
The stage looks like a very lonely place right now, i cannot recall the last time we had only one player in Final Jeopardy!
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for lonely
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- solitariCatalan, Valencian
- einsam, öde, abgeschieden, verlassenGerman
- solitario, desolado, desiertoSpanish
- تنها, بیکسPersian
- désert, abandonné, seulFrench
- uaigneach, aonaranachScottish Gaelic
- isolato, malinconico, solitario, desolato, soloItalian
- さびしい, 寂しいJapanese
- بێکهس, تهنهاKurdish
- eenzaam, alleenDutch
- isolado, solitárioPortuguese
- ùsāmljen, òsāmljenSerbo-Croatian
- ensam, ödeSwedish
- gariban, ıssız, tenha, yalnız, garip, kimsesiz, yapayalnızTurkish
- cô đơnVietnamese
Get even more translations for lonely »
Find a translation for the lonely definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)