the state of being alone in solitary isolation
forlornness, loneliness, desolation(noun)
sadness resulting from being forsaken or abandoned
aloneness, loneliness, lonesomeness, solitariness(noun)
a disposition toward being alone
A feeling of depression resulting from being alone.
The condition of being lonely; solitude; seclusion.
The state of being unfrequented.
the loneliness of a road
Love of retirement; disposition to solitude.
I see / The mystery of your loneliness. uE000202743uE001 Shakespeare.
the condition of being lonely; solitude; seclusion
the state of being unfrequented by human beings; as, the loneliness of a road
love of retirement; disposition to solitude
a feeling of depression resulting from being alone
Loneliness is a complex and usually unpleasant emotional response to isolation. Loneliness typically includes anxious feelings about a lack of connectedness or communality with other beings, both in the present and extending into the future. As such, loneliness can be felt even when surrounded by other people. The causes of loneliness are varied and include social, mental, emotional, and spiritual factors. Research has shown that loneliness is widely prevalent throughout society among people in marriages, relationships, families and successful careers. It has been a long explored theme in the literature of human beings since classical antiquity. Loneliness has also been described as social pain — a psychological mechanism meant to alert an individual of isolation and motivate him/her to seek social connections.
U.S. National Library of Medicine
The state of feeling sad or dejected as a result of lack of companionship or being separated from others.
The numerical value of loneliness in Chaldean Numerology is: 4
The numerical value of loneliness in Pythagorean Numerology is: 7
To fall in love is easy, even to remain in it is not difficult; our human loneliness is cause enough. But it is a hard quest worth making to find a comrade through whose steady presence one becomes steadily the person one desires to be.
1. Seeing you finally smile at the emptiness, indelible smile on your face. And your terrible laugh in response to any blows and fear that fate grants. She feels powerless over you. You feel the complete absence of fear - this is the acceptance of reality in its true form. 2. The people who created and develop this world: in debt. Sins are debts after death. Sins as a loan taken from a bank of hell. 3. Truth plunges into loneliness. 4. Fate lowered the gun fuse - this is the best lie detector in the world. Take a look at your body, you are only one millimeter away from eternity, her finger on the trigger. Because of problems, your whole life will pass in one second; you will be separated from immortality by only one second. The closer you are to death, the closer you are to the truth that everything in the human world is meaningless because it is temporary. 5. A halo of knowledge within life, this is a record of projection, a person who feels reality can feel the universe: the past, present and future, and that which is timeless. 6. On the tombstone of a woman who died alone, because she always rejected, repelled, did not forgive, and broke the hearts of all the guys and men who had once offered themselves to her. Her last words were written on her stone: I have been waiting for the perfect man all my life. 7. Some harden life, while others only spoil. 8. Reality is decomposing and all the ridiculous horrors of reality are visible, since you are in the violent chronosphere, where the quantum genetic transformations of the instincts of despair are in, in the projection of an alternative reality of the ego of power in which everything is programmed for decomposition. 9. The knowledge of world religions is only four keys to a higher form of awareness, they will open the gates to higher worlds; you just need to choose one of these keys in order to evolve. 10. Philosophical poetry Noir jazz saxophone of loneliness in poetic comics of memories, with light eroticism of romance. All filled with philosophical silence and self-talk. An almost finished cigarette, it goes like a thought to the logical conclusion of philosophical poetry, where you are looking for a way out of the prison of reality. You play poker with the fate of someone luck, and someone pass. It rains from sinful tears; it does not make the city more conscientious, but a little cleaner. The city is in a fog of thought, the red lightnings of anger sparkle, in the black clouds of depression and then the cold snow of indifference illuminated by the lifeless light of the curiosity of the gods. Soon a new dawn of thoughts, the black and white reality of pessimism, where in the bright colors of the expressive contrasts of the oppositions, there is only a faint light of conscience and animal instincts of darkness. Throughout the deep darkness suggests that the other world is very close and the door there is always open. Everywhere the harsh gray color of thought, periodically sound melodies of the void of truth. Everything is gray here and only red blood is the color of eternal guilt. Everything can become colored only from self-hypnosis in the bright colors of the illusions of optimism. Reason plunges into the darkness of Gothic despair and only a beloved woman can get out of there. The heart accumulates scars, but it does not stop, it continues to live for the sake of loved ones, for the sake of curiosity. In this cold void of the illusions of materialism, only true love will warm the soul, but not lust, because after an orgasm you feel sad notes of loneliness, filled on the piano of sadness. Lust is the girlfriend of egoism, which is the six of self-deception. Vivid memories are a consolation prize of eternity, unlike life they are eternal - these are prosaic scenes of cinema of karma. Scenes of comedians about heroes and villains, where you were exposed as an antihero, and your tormentors were victims. Here you feel literally every frame of sadism of fate. 11. From cruel blows of reality, a person does not become prettier. 12. From disappointment, the soul cannot stop laughing with a frightening rampant laugh, between fear and rampant angry laughter. The smiling, insanely laughing psyche growls and tears to pieces from the high-voltage psychic tension that gives birth to truth, from a smile the philosophy of the psyche breaks into two parts of the duality of the world. A huge smile is visible in the broken mirror of the psyche, and only sometimes the image of a person is reflected in them as a reflection of conscience. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich
This kind of pain and loneliness is like being in a club you don't want to be in, i became a sister to him.
Americans become unhappy and vicious because their preoccupation with amassing possessions obliterates their loneliness. This is why production in America seems to be on such an endless upward spiral: every time we buy something we deepen our emotional deprivation and hence our need to buy something.
Loneliness is thought to be more of a subjective, distressing feeling, it's often defined as the discrepancy between one's actual and desired level of connection.
Images & Illustrations of loneliness
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for loneliness
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- انفراد, عزلةArabic
- aonaranachdScottish Gaelic
- 寂しい, 孤独Japanese
- tenêtî, تهنهاییKurdish
- самоћа, samota, усамљеност, самoст, usamljenost, samost, самота, осамљеност, osamljenost, samoćaSerbo-Croatian
- sự cô đơnVietnamese
Get even more translations for loneliness »
Find a translation for the loneliness definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)