the state of being alone in solitary isolation
forlornness, loneliness, desolation(noun)
sadness resulting from being forsaken or abandoned
aloneness, loneliness, lonesomeness, solitariness(noun)
a disposition toward being alone
A feeling of depression resulting from being alone.
The condition of being lonely; solitude; seclusion.
The state of being unfrequented.
the loneliness of a road
Love of retirement; disposition to solitude.
I see / The mystery of your loneliness. uE000202743uE001 Shakespeare.
the condition of being lonely; solitude; seclusion
the state of being unfrequented by human beings; as, the loneliness of a road
love of retirement; disposition to solitude
a feeling of depression resulting from being alone
Loneliness is a complex and usually unpleasant emotional response to isolation. Loneliness typically includes anxious feelings about a lack of connectedness or communality with other beings, both in the present and extending into the future. As such, loneliness can be felt even when surrounded by other people. The causes of loneliness are varied and include social, mental, emotional, and spiritual factors. Research has shown that loneliness is widely prevalent throughout society among people in marriages, relationships, families and successful careers. It has been a long explored theme in the literature of human beings since classical antiquity. Loneliness has also been described as social pain — a psychological mechanism meant to alert an individual of isolation and motivate him/her to seek social connections.
U.S. National Library of Medicine
The state of feeling sad or dejected as a result of lack of companionship or being separated from others.
The numerical value of loneliness in Chaldean Numerology is: 4
The numerical value of loneliness in Pythagorean Numerology is: 7
Examples of loneliness in a Sentence
Music was invented to confirm human loneliness.
I believe that this kind of sleep deprivation, often seen in shift workers, is a huge reason for the relationship issues they struggle with, these individuals are often forced to choose between sleep and social interaction … both choices lead to loneliness.
1. You take off the mask of hypocrisy, and there are hundreds of billions of laughing monsters of monsters. They laugh in a smile of hatred; an ordinary person simply cannot stand so much awareness. 2. The idea appeared in the mirror maze and it is reflected in all the mirrors, that is, the opinion that the source cannot be found because it is hidden from your eyes. You see that opinion is a sect. 3. Death from the dust of all the dead and dust of memories. Fear is all out of the darkness of the subconscious of billions of threads of manipulation. 4. The face tears up from laughter, and there is not flesh and soul, but a continuous smile of awareness. 5. A ghost is a hologram record of the projection of the universe, once generated by an accident of chaos, living in reality. This spirit is like the same memoirs and nostalgia of the past. This is a retro record of bygone times, traveling in empty eternity and nonsense, feeling only insensibility. A time-space film of time and space existing in time, in the depressing eternity of reality, in the void of consciousness of loneliness. A ghost who sees is not evolutionary progress, but the life cycle of a temporary transformation, rotting from the depravity of people. 6. Modern thinking is a mysterious essence, it is all in blood and is two meters tall, its smile opens to your soul and its smile descends to the earth and opens a portal to the dimension of eternal laughter, to a world without values. 7. Wandering in the midst of twilight darkness, the creative person revealed to the world what was hidden in the egg that lay in this fog, entities and monsters of the subconscious crawled out of it through the force field of imagination and depravity, through the force field they arise in the mind. Some in the imagination become prettier, while others are uglier. Then exhibited in a toy marketing store. 8. Under the ordinary eye, the eye of anger. Under the eye of anger, the eye of despondency. Under the eye of despondency, the eye of insight of enlightenment of good and light, selfless nobleness. 9. Reality is a terrible dystopia of smiling optimism, with wired senses, with laughing monsters in your head, that is, your vices.
Don’t be afraid of loneliness, because everything is a door; even loneliness is a door, it opens to somewhere!
The essence of this man -- Richard M. Nixon is loneliness.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for loneliness
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- انفراد, عزلةArabic
- aonaranachdScottish Gaelic
- 寂しい, 孤独Japanese
- tenêtî, تهنهاییKurdish
- самоћа, samota, усамљеност, самoст, usamljenost, samost, самота, осамљеност, osamljenost, samoćaSerbo-Croatian
- sự cô đơnVietnamese
Get even more translations for loneliness »
Find a translation for the loneliness definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)