the state of being alone in solitary isolation
forlornness, loneliness, desolation(noun)
sadness resulting from being forsaken or abandoned
aloneness, loneliness, lonesomeness, solitariness(noun)
a disposition toward being alone
A feeling of depression resulting from being alone.
The condition of being lonely; solitude; seclusion.
The state of being unfrequented.
the loneliness of a road
Love of retirement; disposition to solitude.
I see / The mystery of your loneliness. uE000202743uE001 Shakespeare.
the condition of being lonely; solitude; seclusion
the state of being unfrequented by human beings; as, the loneliness of a road
love of retirement; disposition to solitude
a feeling of depression resulting from being alone
Loneliness is a complex and usually unpleasant emotional response to isolation. Loneliness typically includes anxious feelings about a lack of connectedness or communality with other beings, both in the present and extending into the future. As such, loneliness can be felt even when surrounded by other people. The causes of loneliness are varied and include social, mental, emotional, and spiritual factors. Research has shown that loneliness is widely prevalent throughout society among people in marriages, relationships, families and successful careers. It has been a long explored theme in the literature of human beings since classical antiquity. Loneliness has also been described as social pain — a psychological mechanism meant to alert an individual of isolation and motivate him/her to seek social connections.
U.S. National Library of Medicine
The state of feeling sad or dejected as a result of lack of companionship or being separated from others.
The numerical value of Loneliness in Chaldean Numerology is: 4
The numerical value of Loneliness in Pythagorean Numerology is: 7
Examples of Loneliness in a Sentence
You can do beautiful things with your friends; you can do beautiful things when you are all alone! In togetherness, listen to the music of the crowds; in solitude, listen to the music of the silence! Be neither afraid of the crowds, nor of the loneliness, because both are blessings!
1. Cupid is a squint sniper 2. Imagination is diving into the bottomless depths of madness. 3. A person is not a person, but only another figure. Look at your prison number. These are not numbers on the shirt, but your name. 4. Sleep is a unique museum of our past, present, and future. In which there is a library that stores unique knowledge. 5. Civilization is when a wild wolf becomes an obedient dog of the system. 6. A person does not want to please people, he wants to tease them. 7. Laziness is an adverse reaction to the artificial system of society. 8. Many people have a love with late ignition. 9. Conclusions - these are human tests, that is, blood, urine and feces. They give out a piece of paper that shows which psychological diseases you are sick with. 10. The corpse of truth, is located somewhere at the bottom of the ocean. 11. Because of slang, jargon and swear words. Words will turn into sounds and letters. 12. No matter how much you read, it is important how much you understand. 13. The enemy rules you with your anger. 14. The gloom of loneliness will give either holiness or madness. 15. Love is the blues of sincere feelings. Awakening in reality something paranormal, something supernatural. 16. Madness is when garbage recycling in the head breaks down. 17. Never confuse truth with opinion. 18. Everyone is drunk by his own madness. 19. If people are directed at you: resentment, envy, causticity, sarcasm, anger, aggression, hatred, revenge, rage - know that all this is the sympathy of people, this does not mean that you are a bad person, just very attractive personality. 20. A love couple who is able to constantly forgive each other is doomed to become the happiest couple in the world. 21. Never listen, and never react to someone who does not know and does not understand you. 22. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich
1. Modern thinking is a mysterious entity, it is covered in blood and is two meters tall, its smile opens your soul to you and its smile descends to the earth and opens a portal to the dimension of eternal laughter, into a world without values. 2. Death from the dust of all the dead and dust of memories. Fear is all out of the darkness of the subconscious of billions of threads of manipulation. 3. Under the ordinary eye, the eye of anger. Under the eye of anger, the eye of despondency. Under the eye of despondency, the eye of insight of enlightenment of good and light, selfless nobleness. 4. The face tears up from laughter, and there is not flesh and soul, but a continuous smile of awareness. 5. Love is a sports scoreboard, the score of the one who loves more is kept. 6. Truth is a card. An illusion. You tilt a little, you see one, and you straighten up you see another. 7. Lust is erotic poker cards, poker for stripping the truth. Here you will win only loneliness. 8. Reality is a terrible dystopia of smiling optimism, with wired senses, with laughing monsters in your head, that is, your vices. 9. Wandering around in the midst of twilight darkness, the creative person revealed to the world what was hidden in the egg that lay in this fog, essences and monsters of the subconscious crawled out of it through the force field of imagination and depravity, through the force field they arise in the mind. Some in the imagination become prettier, while others are uglier. Then exhibited in a toy marketing store. 10. Careerism (career) is a children's entertainment, attraction mini-golf of self-motivation and discipline. 11. Loneliness is a catcher of erotic dreams. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich
Life is never static, and that's what I Think is the most beautiful aspect of Life. Life is beautiful because it is dynamic; because of her ups and downs, twists and bends, and ebbs and flows in general. Nothing is permanent ever, and only constant is the constant change. 'Even this shall pass!' is the mantra, and also a constant reminder for us, on every occasion when we feel very excited with life's flows, and during the darkest moments when we feel down and out with life's ebbs. The successes, disappointments, friendships, betrayals, helplessness, happiness and loneliness etc, all these will pass away, as the life moves on. So enjoy today, especially this moment and the power of 'Now.' Cheers!
Thirty-the promise of a decade of loneliness, a thinning list of single men to know, a thinning brief-case of enthusiasm, thinning hair.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for Loneliness
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- انفراد, عزلةArabic
- aonaranachdScottish Gaelic
- 寂しい, 孤独Japanese
- tenêtî, تهنهاییKurdish
- самоћа, samota, усамљеност, самoст, usamljenost, samost, самота, осамљеност, osamljenost, samoćaSerbo-Croatian
- sự cô đơnVietnamese
Get even more translations for Loneliness »
Find a translation for the Loneliness definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)