defect, fault, flaw(noun)
an imperfection in an object or machine
"a flaw caused the crystal to shatter"; "if there are any defects you should send it back to the manufacturer"
defect or weakness in a person's character
"he had his flaws, but he was great nonetheless"
an imperfection in a plan or theory or legal document that causes it to fail or that reduces its effectiveness
add a flaw or blemish to; make imperfect or defective
A crack or breach, a gap or fissure; a defect of continuity or cohesion.
A defect, fault, or imperfection, especially one that is hidden.
A defect or error in a contract or other document which may make the document invalid.
To add a flaw to, to make imperfect or defective.
To become imperfect or defective.
A sudden burst or gust of wind of short duration.
A storm of short duration.
A sudden burst of noise and disorder; a tumult; uproar; a quarrel.
a crack or breach; a gap or fissure; a defect of continuity or cohesion; as, a flaw in a knife or a vase
a defect; a fault; as, a flaw in reputation; a flaw in a will, in a deed, or in a statute
a sudden burst of noise and disorder; a tumult; uproar; a quarrel
a sudden burst or gust of wind of short duration
to crack; to make flaws in
to break; to violate; to make of no effect
Flaw is a rock band from Louisville, Kentucky. The band was formed by ex-guitarist Jason Daunt in 1995.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
flaw, n. a gust of wind: a sudden rush, uproar. [Cf. Dut. vlaag, Sw. flaga.]
flaw, n. a break, a crack: a defect.—v.t. to crack or break.—adjs. Flaw′less; Flaw′y. [Ice. flaga, a slab.]
The numerical value of FLAW in Chaldean Numerology is: 9
The numerical value of FLAW in Pythagorean Numerology is: 6
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
The logical flaw is glaring.
The absence of flaw in beauty is itself a flaw.
Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without.
Conceal a flaw, and the world will imagine the worst.
A diamond with a flaw is worth more than a pebble without imperfections.
Images & Illustrations of FLAW
Translations for FLAW
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- недостатък, повреждам се, пукнатина, шквал, пуквам, цепнатина, разцепвам, дефектBulgarian
- Makel, Fehler, WindböGerman
- imperfección, desperfecto, fallaSpanish
- vika, virheFinnish
- faille, fissure, tumulte, défaut, bourrasqueFrench
- difetto, cricca, errore, crepa, fessuraItalian
- falha, erro, defeitoPortuguese
- поврежда́ть, по́ртить, изъя́н, брак, недоста́ток, поврежда́ться, поро́к, тре́щина, шквал, повреди́ться, повреди́ть, щель, [[поры́в]] [[ветр, испо́ртить, дефе́ктRussian
- vada, prasklina, chyba, závada, škáraSlovak
- pomanjkljivost, razpoka, napakaSlovene
- kusur, çizik, çatlak, hataTurkish
Get even more translations for FLAW »
Find a translation for the FLAW definition in other languages:
Select another language: