Definitions for carelessˈkɛər lɪs
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word careless
marked by lack of attention or consideration or forethought or thoroughness; not careful
"careless about her clothes"; "forgotten by some careless person"; "a careless housekeeper"; "careless proofreading"; "it was a careless mistake"; "hurt by a careless remark"
effortless and unstudied
"an impression of careless elegance"; "danced with careless grace"
(usually followed by `of') without due thought or consideration
"careless of the consequences"; "crushing the blooms with regardless tread"
Free from care; unworried, without anxiety.
Not concerned or worried (about).
Not giving sufficient attention or thought, especially concerning the avoidance of harm or mistakes.
Jessica was so careless that she put her shorts on backwards.
Origin: From careles, from carleas, equivalent to .
free from care or anxiety. hence, cheerful; light-hearted
having no care; not taking ordinary or proper care; negligent; unconcerned; heedless; inattentive; unmindful; regardless
without thought or purpose; without due care; without attention to rule or system; unstudied; inconsiderate; spontaneous; rash; as, a careless throw; a careless expression
not receiving care; uncared for
Careless is a clumsy in a way of not thinking what is good or right.
Careless is the one who was unmindful or not focus on work.
The numerical value of careless in Chaldean Numerology is: 7
The numerical value of careless in Pythagorean Numerology is: 1
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Keen at the start, but careless at the end.
There was a mad rush that was careless in its approach.
Choose to take care of the careless and you will end up having nought
Be not careless in deeds, nor confused in words, nor rambling in thought.
Woman, the more careful she is about her face, the more careless about her house.
Images & Illustrations of careless
Translations for careless
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- безгрижен, невнимателен, немарлив, небреженBulgarian
- negligent, imprudentCatalan, Valencian
- nedbalý, lhostejný, lehkomyslnýCzech
- unachtsam, unbedacht, unvorsichtig, unbekümmert, sorglos, fahrlässig, leichtsinnigGerman
- αμελής, ξέγνοιαστος, ανέμελος, απερίσκεπτος, απρόσεκτοςGreek
- descuidado, despreocupado, negligente, irresponsableSpanish
- négligent, insouciant, étourdiFrench
- comaScottish Gaelic
- gondatlan, figyelmetlen, gondtalanHungarian
- áhyggjulaus, hirðulaus, kærulaus, káturIcelandic
- pakihaha, tīrereMāori
- achteloos, onbedachtzaam, onvoorzichtig, onverschilligDutch
- despreocupado, desatencioso, descuidadoPortuguese
- neglijent, nepăsătorRomanian
- беспе́чный, беззабо́тный, небре́жный, невнима́тельныйRussian
- nèbrižan, nȅmāran, bezbrižanSerbo-Croatian
- สะเพร่า, ประมาท, ซุ่มซ่ามThai
Get even more translations for careless »
Find a translation for the careless definition in other languages:
Select another language: