fantastic, grand, howling(a), marvelous, marvellous, rattling(a), terrific, tremendous, wonderful, wondrous(adj)
extraordinarily good or great ; used especially as intensifiers
"a fantastic trip to the Orient"; "the film was fantastic!"; "a howling success"; "a marvelous collection of rare books"; "had a rattling conversation about politics"; "a tremendous achievement"
Tending to excite wonder; surprising, extraordinary.
Surprisingly excellent; very good or admirable, extremely impressive.
They served a wonderful six-course meal.
adapted to excite wonder or admiration; surprising; strange; astonishing
"Wonderful" is a song written by Brian Wilson and Van Dyke Parks, for the American rock band The Beach Boys, about a young woman and her steadfast embrace of adolescence through the loss of her own virginity. It was to be included on the ill-fated 1966–1967 Smile album. A minimalist version was released on their 1967 album Smiley Smile. A re-recording was later released as a single for Brian Wilson's 2004 album Smile. The song has been covered by a variety of independent artists, including Adventures In Stereo, Nikki Sudden, and Outrageous Cherry.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'wonderful' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #2356
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'wonderful' in Written Corpus Frequency: #1112
Rank popularity for the word 'wonderful' in Adjectives Frequency: #278
The numerical value of wonderful in Chaldean Numerology is: 1
The numerical value of wonderful in Pythagorean Numerology is: 1
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Images & Illustrations of wonderful
Translations for wonderful
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- meravellósCatalan, Valencian
- báječný, skvělýCzech
- wunderbar, wundervollGerman
- υπέροχος, έξοχος, θαυμάσιος, εκπληκτικός, καταπληκτικόςGreek
- شگرف, شگفتPersian
- hieno, loistava, ihana, mainioFinnish
- mìorbhaileachScottish Gaelic
- yndislegur, dásamlegur, undursamlegurIcelandic
- mirabilis, mira, mirum, mirusLatin
- wonnerbarLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- fantastisch, heerlijkDutch
- vidunderlegNorwegian Nynorsk
- underfull, vidunderligNorwegian
- zadziwiający, cudowny, zdumiewający, wspaniałyPolish
- maravilhosa, maravilhosoPortuguese
- чудесный, замечательный, восхитительный, замечательноRussian
Get even more translations for wonderful »
Find a translation for the wonderful definition in other languages:
Select another language: