barren, waste, wastelandnoun
an uninhabited wilderness that is worthless for cultivation
"the barrens of central Africa"; "the trackless wastes of the desert"
A region with no remaining resources; a desert.
Ten years of drought had left the area a wasteland
Any barren or uninteresting place.
After his experiences, he no longer found western Kansas such a wasteland
Wasteland is an American television drama on ABC network created by Kevin Williamson. The show debuted in 1999, a Miramax Films production. Several of the themes explored were college, friendships, romance and homosexuality. It aired only three episodes in October 1999 before ABC canceled it. However Showtime's ShowNext channel aired the 10 remaining episodes in 2001.
Song lyrics by wasteland -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by wasteland on the Lyrics.com website.
The numerical value of wasteland in Chaldean Numerology is: 5
The numerical value of wasteland in Pythagorean Numerology is: 9
The federal government must respect and not infringe upon state's wishes and authority, we don't want South Carolina's pristine coastline to be turned into an industrial wasteland.
1. The city as an eternal cycle of the cycle of instincts in nature. 2. City of sinners The city of sinners is a wasteland of illusion where people are lost in delusions, the city is blind and cynical. There are more and more cities and fewer people. The city diminishes the importance of human life. Life and experience is a commodity that creates new illusions that people call their goals for the sake of money ... The city is a great fog of illusion, a timeless trap of reincarnation life. A paradoxical dream of karma that confuses more and more. 3. Centrifuge for astronauts, karmic nostalgia Nostalgia is a thought that gives infinity to the karmic web of illusions. Changing the soul and mind beyond recognition. The mystery of life is a temporary loop of the reincarnation rails. The time trap of the mental labyrinth. Thought leading to the perfection of the mind. Thought is reborn. Sleep is an extension of reality. Sleep is a projector that projects philosophy into reality. There is no reality. This is an invention of the general subconscious, an invented world of people. Billions of projections of all people form a computer game. Through the subconscious, which rots from the instincts and paradoxes of selfishness. Everything moves into reality. The karmic labyrinth of illusions, both in a dream and in reality, moves and changes. In a web of illusions, intuition and awareness will turn everything into a lucid dream and give a healing insight. Free from the slavery of thought. Again and again in each new life, the same thought becomes philosophy, the meaning of life is like a centrifuge of reincarnation, you see hallucinations, but this is the truth of deja vu wormhole in the void. Holes in reincarnation and the wheel of samsara which increases pressure atmospheres. You are in a centrifuge, you think the world revolves around you, but in fact it is you that revolves around your selfishness. Atmospheres of pressure of healing insight increase. The brain is bleeding you are born. The biology of the body creates the illusion of hypper acceleration in the chrono incubator, the hypper of a person growing up like a flower in a pot that does not know the earth. Like a fish in an aquarium that everyone is looking at. Like a hamster in a cage that exists but does not live. And you will know the illusion of infinity in one century, hypper sleep, hypper accelerated maturation is given by the second hand of the clock. But amnesia in the new life washes everything away, it interferes with the renunciation of the past mistakes of life, which also reincarnate, and only deja vu and intuition reveal the veil of secrecy. A centrifuge for astronauts, karmic nostalgia is what keeps us in the labyrinth of illusions of the subconscious. 4. Time is a storm of karma and calm of hopes. 5. Wastelands of life lead to the shores of immortality. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich
The most surprising thing that's come out of these images is the potential opportunity to catch the time when Jezero Crater transitioned from an Earth-like habitable environment, to this desolate landscape wasteland we see now, these boulder beds may be records of this transition, and we haven't seen this in other places on Mars.
Near the wreckage and wellhead, many of the animals characteristic of other areas of the deep Gulf of Mexico, including sea cucumbers, giant isopods, glass sponges and whip corals, were absent, what we observed was a homogenous wasteland, in great contrast to the rich heterogeneity of life seen in a healthy deep sea.
We have created a manic world nauseous with the pursuit of material wealth. Many also bear their cross of imagined deprivation, while their fellow human beings remain paralyzed by real poverty. We drown in the thick sweetness of our sensual excess, and our shameless opulence, while our discontent souls suffocate in the arid wasteland of spiritual deprivation.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for wasteland
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- Ödland, WüsteGerman
- erämaa, kitumaa, joutomaa, autiomaaFinnish
- talamh dramhaíolaIrish
- fàsachScottish Gaelic
- пустошь, пустырь, пустыня, дыра, болотоRussian
- ökenmark, ödemark, ökenSwedish
Get even more translations for wasteland »
Find a translation for the wasteland definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)