a cold pudding made of layers of sponge cake spread with fruit or jelly; may be decorated with nuts, cream, or chocolate
technicality, trifle, triviality(noun)
a detail that is considered insignificant
triviality, trivia, trifle, small beer(verb)
something of small importance
piddle, wanton, wanton away, piddle away, trifle(verb)
waste time; spend one's time idly or inefficiently
dally, trifle, play(verb)
consider not very seriously
"He is trifling with her"; "She plays with the thought of moving to Tasmania"
An English dessert made from a mixture of thick custard, fruit, sponge cake, jelly and whipped cream.
An insignificant amount.
Anything that is of little importance or worth.
A particular kind of pewter.
utensils made from this particular kind of pewter.
To deal with something as if it were of little importance or worth.
To act, speak, or otherwise behave with jest.
To inconsequentially toy with something.
To squander or waste.
a thing of very little value or importance; a paltry, or trivial, affair
a dish composed of sweetmeats, fruits, cake, wine, etc., with syllabub poured over it
to act or talk without seriousness, gravity, weight, or dignity; to act or talk with levity; to indulge in light or trivial amusements
to make of no importance; to treat as a trifle
to spend in vanity; to fritter away; to waste; as, to trifle away money
Trifle is a dessert dish made from thick custard, fruit, sponge cake, fruit juice or jelly, and whipped cream. These ingredients are usually arranged in layers.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
trī′fl, v.i. to act or talk lightly: to indulge in light or silly amusements: to waste or spend idly or unprofitably (with).—n. anything of little value: a light confection of whipped cream or white of egg, with fruit, wine, &c.—n. Trī′fler.—adj. Trī′fling, of small value or importance: trivial.—adv. Trī′flingly.—n. Trī′flingness. [O. Fr. trufle, dim. of truffe, a gibe, also a truffle.]
The numerical value of trifle in Chaldean Numerology is: 5
The numerical value of trifle in Pythagorean Numerology is: 7
Examples of trifle in a Sentence
The charity that is a trifle to us can be precious to others.
1. The most terrible thing in love is that it is not given to you in life to know who really is your second half. And even if you find it, then you cannot be sure that your love for all your eternity will love you, as it may simply abandon you because of some trifle. 2. Cupid is a cross-eyed sniper. 3. For many people, love with late ignition. 4. If you have a broken heart, then destiny is going to offer you something better. 5. Love is the blues of sincere feelings. Something that arouses in reality something paranormal, something supernatural. 6. It is love, not friendship, which is the exact opposite of loneliness. They do not understand that everything except love is meaningless, insignificant trifles. 7. In love there is no word I, there is only a word we. 8. Do not confuse love with porn. 9. The image of a loved one is the light in the midst of darkness. 10. When love dies it is as if a person has died, the spirit comes out of his body, this spirit is a memory, a boredom, a memory. It is a life of love after parting, as if life after death. This spirit wanders in your mind, soul, and heart. 11. Love is a beautiful feeling to tears. 13. The more you love a girl, the less you want to have sex with her. You just want to embrace the soul, love the heart and kiss her lips and cheeks. Because love is higher than sex. 14. Love is stronger than fear 15. Everyone is looking for the second half: superiority, someone is a match, and few are the opposite. 16. Sympathy is a bluff, it is almost always the case. Love is a constant feeling of love, an obsession that is only intensified by mutual love. The idea of a loved one does not let you go, she is constantly in your head, and sits there very tightly. 17. Love is two magnets (a man and a woman) that attract each other more and more. Whenever you move them away from each other, the farther you go, the more powerful they are attracted to each other by body and soul. This is the most powerful magnetic force between them, and there is love. 18. When hugging a girlfriend, you need not just hug, you must convey the warmth of love that comes from your soul. What would she feel from this warm sunlight coming from your soul is the merging of souls in love with a single whole. And at this moment maybe you will feel that she presses you to her a little stronger than you her. 19. True love is like two souls merging together, like galaxies facing for centuries. 20. Let the hole in the heart let in the light of true love. 21. True love and friendship, unselfish generosity and forgiveness - these are the main manifestations of higher philosophy. 22. 1. The cause of death of love in love relationships: misunderstanding and misunderstanding. 2. The cause of death of love in marriage: life, money, character. 23. Smart chooses his life partner with the help of: brain and penis. But wise with the help of: heart and soul. 24. Cupid has poisonous arrows. 25. Release all your volley, from your flamethrower of love, into that one and only. 26. Love your beloved powerfully. 27. Lovers of exotic looks, I'm talking about love between nations and races. Such people fall in love much more sincerely and love in bed very hot and passionate rather than representatives of their people. As for most of them, for representatives of your own people, you are something trivial and trivial. 28. Goodness and love are interdimensional, multidimensional spatial forms of philosophy, out of time, this state of harmony in eternity, the key to all worlds and the inner worlds of people both external and hidden. With this vision of thinking, you see everything at once, at the same time deeply and from a height, you see all forms of time as in one palm. 29. Get up now, and forgive the loved one you love so much. 30. Love is when you give up your own egoism and accept that person in your life and you realize that you are not alone in the whole universe. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich 1. Learn to love Parrots, dogs, cats, hamsters, guinea pigs, rabbits, they are all excellent simulators of tenderness, they teach kindness and love. Practice, learn from them to be gentle and sweet, empathetic, caring, faithful, all this will help you in a relationship with the opposite sex. To your soulmate, as often as possible, give affection, kiss, hug, love with your heart and soul, and only then with the genitals. 2. Love is like chewing gum. First you see a bubble of gum, and touching your lips, it tightens to her lips, and molded into a delicious kiss. Its body turns into a chewing gum and you stick to it tightly and you become one, completely turned into chewing gum, chewing gum becomes your single flesh. The fresh aroma of gum as a symbol of unstoppable passion, over time, loses the sweet taste of lust. But the only thing that remains is that it has neither color nor taste - this is love - this is a combination at the level of two eternal souls blinded together. 3. Love is the peace and tenderness of the light of souls, the union of tenderness. From love you fall into a gap in space and time, love outside the dimension is a very special space for two lovers in ordinary reality. 4. Reality is a snowstorm, and you, like a real man, must all your life, warm your darling with your love and care. 5. True love is the cure for lust. And lust is the cure for true love. 6. Never forget what you love your loved one for. 7. All wear the same bodies in the next lives, and feel deja vu. The most romantic guy in the world will say to his beloved: I have won your heart in this life. In the next life, I will find you, and conquer it again. 8. Your loved one is your best thought in all your mind, throughout your whole life. 9. Love is so similar to sex pose 69. 10. Love is a warm, gentle light that gives peace to the soul of a loved one, this divine light of disinterested nobility in the darkness of egoism, this light is priceless. 11. Slippery macho inside you, takes away your true love. 12. Love is a giant star in your own cosmos. Which is located in the center of the universe, which is filled, it is surrounded by everyday garbage, various trifles. 13. Two lovers are two galaxies merged together, merged into the ages. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich
At every trifle take offense, that always shows great pride or little sense.
Trifles make perfection, but perfection is no trifle.
Heed not the flatterer?s fulsome talk, He from thee hopes some trifle to obtain; Thou wilt, shouldst thou his wishes baulk, Ten hundred times as much of censure gain.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for trifle
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- fotesaCatalan, Valencian
- Trifle, KleinigkeitGerman
- sopa inglesaSpanish
- vähe, pisut, natuke, veidiEstonian
- vitsailla, ripaus, tinaseos, hippunen, trifle, tina-astia, väheksyä, hitunen, pilailla, tina, rahtunen, leikkiä, leikitellä, pikkuasia, pikkujuttu, hiukkanenFinnish
- broutille, babiole, bricole, bagatelleFrench
- traidhfil, réadánIrish
- un tantino, inezia, briciola, zuppa inglese, cosa da poco, un po', bagattella, peltro, tartufoItalian
- kanehe, takutakunga, takungaMāori
- een beetje, aalmoes, bagatel, zever, puddingtaart, klutsDutch
- ninharia, bugiganga, triflePortuguese
- копейка, безделушка, бисквит, теребить, играть, тратить, шутить, растрачивать, мелочь, не принимать всерьёз, расточать, прикалываться, разбазаривать, безделица, небольшое количество, пустяк, небольшая суммаRussian
- tratiti, тратити, tričarija, ситница, sitnica, тричаријаSerbo-Croatian
Get even more translations for trifle »
Find a translation for the trifle definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Український (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)