not to be trusted
"how extraordinarily slippery a liar the camera is"- James Agee
having concealed difficulty
"a catchy question"; "a tricky recipe to follow"
crafty, cunning, dodgy, foxy, guileful, knavish, slick, sly, tricksy, tricky, wily(adj)
marked by skill in deception
"cunning men often pass for wise"; "deep political machinations"; "a foxy scheme"; "a slick evasive answer"; "sly as a fox"; "tricky Dick"; "a wily old attorney"
hard to deal with, complicated
They were in a tricky situation.
adept at using deception
A tricky salesman can sell anything.
given to tricks; practicing deception; trickish; knavish
Tricky is an English musician and actor. As a producer and a musician, he is noted for a dark, rich and layered sound and a whispering sprechgesang lyrical style. Culturally, Tricky blends different styles, particularly in his musical fusion of rock and hip hop, high art and pop culture. His debut album Maxinquaye was nominated for the Mercury Prize and voted Album of the Year by NME Magazine.
Song lyrics by tricky -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by tricky on the Lyrics.com website.
The numerical value of tricky in Chaldean Numerology is: 4
The numerical value of tricky in Pythagorean Numerology is: 5
Examples of tricky in a Sentence
This is a tricky case.
Nice job! Right in the pocket, yeah, that was a tricky one.
It’s going to be a little bit more tricky for some applicants.
Its going to be a tricky one at the beginning, I would say, for both.
It was tricky. I didn't feel great, it was good to get through that one.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for tricky
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- gerissen, schwierig, heikel, kniffligGerman
- δυσνόητος, μπερδεμένος, περίπλοκοςGreek
- dificultoso, difícil, dificultosaSpanish
- petlik, keeruline, täbar, kavalEstonian
- tukala, juonikas, hankala, ovelaFinnish
- malin, délicat, retors, complexe, compliqué, rusée, épineux, ruséFrench
- pericoloso, ingannevole, insidioso, difficileItalian
- ancipiti captioni isseLatin
- netelige, netelig, listige, listigDutch
- complicada, complicadoPortuguese
- пронырливый, щекотливый, каверзный, оборотистый, ловкийRussian
- knepig, meckig, lurig, listigSwedish
- aldatıcı, kurnaz, zor, güçTurkish
Get even more translations for tricky »
Find a translation for the tricky definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Український (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)