subconscious mind, subconsciousadjective
psychic activity just below the level of awareness
just below the level of consciousness
that part of the mind that is not consciously perceived; one's innermost thoughts
below the level of consciousness.
occurring without the possibility or the fact of an attendant consciousness; -- said of states of the soul
partially conscious; feebly conscious
In psychology, the subconscious is the part of consciousness that is not currently in focal awareness. The word subconscious is an anglicized version of the French subconscient as coined by the psychologist Pierre Janet, who argued that underneath the layers of critical thought functions of the conscious mind lay a powerful awareness that he called the subconscious mind. Since there is a limit to the information that can be held in conscious focal awareness, a storehouse of one's knowledge and prior experience is needed; this is the subconscious.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
sub-kon′shus, adj. faintly conscious, applying to perceptions which are without consciousness or memory.—adv. Subcon′sciously.—n. Subcon′sciousness.
A facet of the mind of an animal, human being or universal being.
Our subconscious mind is an element of our mind.Submitted by MaryC on March 11, 2020
The numerical value of subconscious in Chaldean Numerology is: 4
The numerical value of subconscious in Pythagorean Numerology is: 7
The person with a fixed goal, a clear picture of his desire, or an ideal always before him, causes it, through repetition, to be buried deeply in his subconscious mind and is thus enabled, thanks to its generative and sustaining power, to realize his goal in a minimum of time and with a minimum of physical effort. Just pursue the thought unceasingly. Step by step you will achieve realization, for all your faculties and powers become directed to that end.
1. Art is a fusion of various dimensions, as if the cosmic exoticism of thinking. 2. Designated as a horse carousel, each has its own seating shape. 3. Loneliness is a very beautiful, romantic depression of reality. 4. The intuition of the subconscious is the mother of all arts - this is the navigator of the imagination leading to innovation. 5. All the romantics in the soul and mind are too mature. 6. Thought is the stage of the death of egoism and the transition to eternity of romance.
The world sees us in the same place where we keep ourselves in our subconscious mind.
The weaponized meme, when properly introduced and reinforced, will parasitically weave its way throughout the labyrinth of the mind and attach itself to the subconscious, thus effecting the root of the thought of the recipient.
Writing is an abstract art of drawing pictures of the conscious and subconscious mind with words.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for subconscious
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- الا وعيArabic
- subconscient, subconsciènciaCatalan, Valencian
- podvědomí, podvědomýCzech
- Unterbewusstsein, unterbewusstGerman
- subconsciencia, subconscienteSpanish
- alitajuinen, piilotajunta, tiedostamaton, piilotajuinen, alitajuntaFinnish
- fo-chomhfhiosach, fo-chomhfhiosIrish
- fo-mhothachailScottish Gaelic
- subconștient, subconștiințăRomanian
- подсознательный, полуобморочный, подсознание, полубессознательныйRussian
Get even more translations for subconscious »
Find a translation for the subconscious definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Word of the Day
Would you like us to send you a FREE new word definition delivered to your inbox daily?
Discuss these subconscious definitions with the community:
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"subconscious." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2021. Web. 31 Jul 2021. <https://www.definitions.net/definition/subconscious>.