sleepy, sleepy-eyed, sleepyheaded(adj)
ready to fall asleep
"beginning to feel sleepy"; "a sleepy-eyed child with drooping eyelids"; "sleepyheaded students"
The gum that builds up in the eye
Tired; feeling the need for sleep.
drowsy; inclined to, or overcome by, sleep
tending to induce sleep; soporiferous; somniferous; as, a sleepy drink or potion
dull; lazy; heavy; sluggish
characterized by an absence of watchfulness; as, sleepy security
Origin: [AS. slpig. See Sleep, n.]
Sleepy is an original novel written by Kate Orman and based on the long-running British science fiction television series Doctor Who. It features the Seventh Doctor, Bernice, Chris and Roz. It is part of the "Psi Powers series".
Song lyrics by sleepy -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by sleepy on the Lyrics.com website.
The numerical value of sleepy in Chaldean Numerology is: 7
The numerical value of sleepy in Pythagorean Numerology is: 1
Examples of sleepy in a Sentence
If you aren't sleepy, your body won't settle down.
I think it is good that books still exist, but they make me sleepy.
Sunlight will decrease the release of melatonin, a hormone that makes us sleepy.
The second you start feeling tense, go into another room until you start feeling sleepy.
Blessed is the person who is too busy to worry in the daytime and too sleepy to worry at night.
Images & Illustrations of sleepy
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for sleepy
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- somnolentCatalan, Valencian
- νυσταλέος, νυσταγμένοςGreek
- soñoliento, cansado, sueño, adormecidoSpanish
- unelias, uninenFinnish
- ensommeillé, endormi, somnolent, ensuquéFrench
- codlatach, suanmhar, néalmharIrish
- suaineachScottish Gaelic
- ngantuk, mengantukIndonesian
- 眠たい, 眠いJapanese
- خهو هاتنKurdish
- døsig, trett, søvnigNorwegian
- śpiący, sennyPolish
- [[com]] [[sono]], sonolentoPortuguese
- somnoros, somnolentRomanian
- сонливый, сонный, заспанныйRussian
- дремљив, pospan, sanjiv, сањив, dremljiv, поспанSerbo-Croatian
- trött, pömsig, sömnigSwedish
Get even more translations for sleepy »
Find a translation for the sleepy definition in other languages:
Select another language: