situation, state of affairs(noun)
the general state of things; the combination of circumstances at a given time
"the present international situation is dangerous"; "wondered how such a state of affairs had come about"; "eternal truths will be neither true nor eternal unless they have fresh meaning for every new social situation"- Franklin D.Roosevelt
a condition or position in which you find yourself
"the unpleasant situation (or position) of having to choose between two evils"; "found herself in a very fortunate situation"
a complex or critical or unusual difficulty
"the dangerous situation developed suddenly"; "that's quite a situation"; "no human situation is simple"
physical position in relation to the surroundings
"the sites are determined by highly specific sequences of nucleotides"
position, post, berth, office, spot, billet, place, situation(noun)
a job in an organization
"he occupied a post in the treasury"
The way in which something is positioned vis-à-vis its surroundings.
The place in which something is situated; a location.
Position or status with regard to conditions and circumstances.
The combination of circumstances at a given moment; a state of affairs.
A position of employment; a post.
A difficult or unpleasant set of circumstances; a problem.
manner in which an object is placed; location, esp. as related to something else; position; locality site; as, a house in a pleasant situation
position, as regards the conditions and circumstances of the case
relative position; circumstances; temporary state or relation at a moment of action which excites interest, as of persons in a dramatic scene
permanent position or employment; place; office; as, a situation in a store; a situation under government
Situation is a Juno-nominated album by Buck 65 released on October 30, 2007.
Song lyrics by situation -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by situation on the Lyrics.com website.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'situation' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #641
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'situation' in Written Corpus Frequency: #504
Rank popularity for the word 'situation' in Nouns Frequency: #186
The numerical value of situation in Chaldean Numerology is: 5
The numerical value of situation in Pythagorean Numerology is: 2
Examples of situation in a Sentence
If we leave any unlawful situation unattended, order will soon turn to disorder, and peace and stability will collapse, i hope and expect all the countries, including China, to behave as a responsible power.
Chinese are here not because we made an effort, but because they have a long-term strategic thinking and see value in the geopolitical situation of Bulgaria and the region, they would like to see feasible, large-scale business projects that can be started within 6 to 12 months and which do not hold political or administrative risk.
We had one of the most arid Aprils in our history. We expect some weather fronts late this week and next week but they can only mitigate the situation.
It's such a fluid situation that no one really knows when it's gon na start to kind of die down, and then when we do start to see it die down and it starts to peak right back up.
This new bill won't solve the situation, it's just Obamacare light.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for situation
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- حَالَة, مَوْقِع, حالةArabic
- хәл, урын, торош, урынлашыуBashkir
- situace, poloha, místoCzech
- Situation, Lage, Platz, Zustand, Stellung, OrtGerman
- κατάσταση, θέση, τοποθεσίαGreek
- nivel, localización, estado, puesto, situación, ubicaciónSpanish
- موقعیت, وضعیتPersian
- tilanne, olot, olosuhteet, tehtävä, sijainti, asema, työpaikkaFinnish
- localisation, situation, emploi, poste, lieuFrench
- suidheachadhScottish Gaelic
- מיקום, מצבHebrew
- állás, helyzet, körülmények, viszonyok, hely, fekvés, munkaalkalomHungarian
- 情況, 状況, 場所, 状態, 情勢, 境遇, 位置Japanese
- 위치, 상황, 상태, 장소Korean
- stāvoklis, situācijaLatvian
- pozycja, położenie, sytuacjaPolish
- posição, situação, localizaçãoPortuguese
- posturi, poziție, stare, etapă, situație, stadiu, situare, localizare, postRomanian
- ситуа́ция, местоположе́ние, пози́ция, состоя́ние, положе́ние, расположе́ние, обстано́вка, до́лжность, местонахожде́ниеRussian
- situation, läge, plats, ställning, tjänst, anställning, placering, statusSwedish
- స్థితి, పరిస్థితిTelugu
- розташува́ння, пос́ада, стан, ситуа́ція, поло́ження, обстано́вка, місцеполо́женняUkrainian
- địa điểm, vị tríVietnamese
Get even more translations for situation »
Find a translation for the situation definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)