situation, state of affairs(noun)
the general state of things; the combination of circumstances at a given time
"the present international situation is dangerous"; "wondered how such a state of affairs had come about"; "eternal truths will be neither true nor eternal unless they have fresh meaning for every new social situation"- Franklin D.Roosevelt
a condition or position in which you find yourself
"the unpleasant situation (or position) of having to choose between two evils"; "found herself in a very fortunate situation"
a complex or critical or unusual difficulty
"the dangerous situation developed suddenly"; "that's quite a situation"; "no human situation is simple"
physical position in relation to the surroundings
"the sites are determined by highly specific sequences of nucleotides"
position, post, berth, office, spot, billet, place, situation(noun)
a job in an organization
"he occupied a post in the treasury"
The way in which something is positioned vis-à-vis its surroundings.
The place in which something is situated; a location.
Position or status with regard to conditions and circumstances.
The combination of circumstances at a given moment; a state of affairs.
A position of employment; a post.
A difficult or unpleasant set of circumstances; a problem.
manner in which an object is placed; location, esp. as related to something else; position; locality site; as, a house in a pleasant situation
position, as regards the conditions and circumstances of the case
relative position; circumstances; temporary state or relation at a moment of action which excites interest, as of persons in a dramatic scene
permanent position or employment; place; office; as, a situation in a store; a situation under government
Situation is a Juno-nominated album by Buck 65 released on October 30, 2007.
Song lyrics by situation -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by situation on the Lyrics.com website.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'situation' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #641
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'situation' in Written Corpus Frequency: #504
Rank popularity for the word 'situation' in Nouns Frequency: #186
The numerical value of situation in Chaldean Numerology is: 5
The numerical value of situation in Pythagorean Numerology is: 2
Examples of situation in a Sentence
Calm under pressure. It was very impressive, the situation could have been even worse.
Water and sanitation are among the biggest problems in Gaza and the effects of the war have made this situation a lot worse.
This announcement came as a surprise to us and our partners — Tennis Australia, the USTA and the ATP. It raises many questions and we are assessing the situation, at this time, we want our fans, sponsors, broadcasters, staff, volunteers, players and the great city of Boston to know that we intend to hold Laver Cup 2020 as currently scheduled.
The French know that the situation remains fragile and that there's no point doing the work, leaving and then coming back because that risks stoking the cycle of violence.
I hope some people in the U.S do not misjudge the situation, if the United States takes any action to escalate the situation, China will not hesitate to fight back.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for situation
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- حَالَة, مَوْقِع, حالةArabic
- хәл, урын, торош, урынлашыуBashkir
- situace, poloha, místoCzech
- Situation, Lage, Platz, Zustand, Stellung, OrtGerman
- κατάσταση, θέση, τοποθεσίαGreek
- nivel, localización, estado, puesto, situación, ubicaciónSpanish
- موقعیت, وضعیتPersian
- tilanne, olot, olosuhteet, tehtävä, sijainti, asema, työpaikkaFinnish
- localisation, situation, emploi, poste, lieuFrench
- suidheachadhScottish Gaelic
- מיקום, מצבHebrew
- állás, helyzet, körülmények, viszonyok, hely, fekvés, munkaalkalomHungarian
- 情況, 状況, 場所, 状態, 情勢, 境遇, 位置Japanese
- 위치, 상황, 상태, 장소Korean
- stāvoklis, situācijaLatvian
- pozycja, położenie, sytuacjaPolish
- posição, situação, localizaçãoPortuguese
- posturi, poziție, stare, etapă, situație, stadiu, situare, localizare, postRomanian
- ситуа́ция, местоположе́ние, пози́ция, состоя́ние, положе́ние, расположе́ние, обстано́вка, до́лжность, местонахожде́ниеRussian
- situation, läge, plats, ställning, tjänst, anställning, placering, statusSwedish
- స్థితి, పరిస్థితిTelugu
- розташува́ння, пос́ада, стан, ситуа́ція, поло́ження, обстано́вка, місцеполо́женняUkrainian
- địa điểm, vị tríVietnamese
Get even more translations for situation »
Find a translation for the situation definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)