situation, state of affairsnoun
the general state of things; the combination of circumstances at a given time
"the present international situation is dangerous"; "wondered how such a state of affairs had come about"; "eternal truths will be neither true nor eternal unless they have fresh meaning for every new social situation"- Franklin D.Roosevelt
a condition or position in which you find yourself
"the unpleasant situation (or position) of having to choose between two evils"; "found herself in a very fortunate situation"
a complex or critical or unusual difficulty
"the dangerous situation developed suddenly"; "that's quite a situation"; "no human situation is simple"
physical position in relation to the surroundings
"the sites are determined by highly specific sequences of nucleotides"
position, post, berth, office, spot, billet, place, situationnoun
a job in an organization
"he occupied a post in the treasury"
The way in which something is positioned vis-à-vis its surroundings.
The place in which something is situated; a location.
Position or status with regard to conditions and circumstances.
The combination of circumstances at a given moment; a state of affairs.
A position of employment; a post.
A difficult or unpleasant set of circumstances; a problem.
manner in which an object is placed; location, esp. as related to something else; position; locality site; as, a house in a pleasant situation
position, as regards the conditions and circumstances of the case
relative position; circumstances; temporary state or relation at a moment of action which excites interest, as of persons in a dramatic scene
permanent position or employment; place; office; as, a situation in a store; a situation under government
Situation is a Juno-nominated album by Buck 65 released on October 30, 2007.
Song lyrics by situation -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by situation on the Lyrics.com website.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'situation' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #641
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'situation' in Written Corpus Frequency: #504
Rank popularity for the word 'situation' in Nouns Frequency: #186
The numerical value of situation in Chaldean Numerology is: 5
The numerical value of situation in Pythagorean Numerology is: 2
From being as independent and driven as I was to literally needing somebody to help me shower, there's a change in mindset, unconsciously you take steps to get yourself outside of that situation by putting one foot in front of the other and having the support system around you to do it. That is what propelled me.
Many of us had hoped the situation would have improved in the past year (and) that we would be in a position where displaced families were headed home, we're not anywhere near that.
This is once again a situation where the private sector laps us in the government with the use of technology, we should bring in the folks from FedEx to use the technology to be able to do it. There's nothing wrong with that.
Criminal responsibility is personal, and it will be the judge who must resolve his situation.
We will take stock of the situation on May 12. Should we see no success by then we will not hesitate to create requirements so that border controls in Europe can be extended.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for situation
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- حَالَة, مَوْقِع, حالةArabic
- хәл, урын, торош, урынлашыуBashkir
- situace, poloha, místoCzech
- Situation, Lage, Platz, Zustand, Stellung, OrtGerman
- κατάσταση, θέση, τοποθεσίαGreek
- nivel, localización, estado, puesto, situación, ubicaciónSpanish
- موقعیت, وضعیتPersian
- tilanne, olot, olosuhteet, tehtävä, sijainti, asema, työpaikkaFinnish
- localisation, situation, emploi, poste, lieuFrench
- suidheachadhScottish Gaelic
- מיקום, מצבHebrew
- állás, helyzet, körülmények, viszonyok, hely, fekvés, munkaalkalomHungarian
- 情況, 状況, 場所, 状態, 情勢, 境遇, 位置Japanese
- 위치, 상황, 상태, 장소Korean
- stāvoklis, situācijaLatvian
- pozycja, położenie, sytuacjaPolish
- posição, situação, localizaçãoPortuguese
- posturi, poziție, stare, etapă, situație, stadiu, situare, localizare, postRomanian
- ситуа́ция, местоположе́ние, пози́ция, состоя́ние, положе́ние, расположе́ние, обстано́вка, до́лжность, местонахожде́ниеRussian
- situation, läge, plats, ställning, tjänst, anställning, placering, statusSwedish
- స్థితి, పరిస్థితిTelugu
- розташува́ння, пос́ада, стан, ситуа́ція, поло́ження, обстано́вка, місцеполо́женняUkrainian
- địa điểm, vị tríVietnamese
Get even more translations for situation »
Find a translation for the situation definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)