Definitions for salary
ˈsæl ə risala·ry
Here are all the possible meanings and translations of the word salary.
wage, pay, earnings, remuneration, salarynoun
something that remunerates
"wages were paid by check"; "he wasted his pay on drink"; "they saved a quarter of all their earnings"
A fixed amount of money paid to a worker, usually measured on a monthly or annual basis, not hourly, as wages. Implies a degree of professionalism and/or autonomy.
To pay on the basis of a period of a week or longer, especially to convert from another form of compensation.
Etymology: From salarium, from sal
Samuel Johnson's Dictionary
1.Salarium, or salary, is derived from sal. Arbuthnot.
Etymology: salaire, Fr. salarium, Latin.
This is hire and salary, not revenge. William Shakespeare, Hamlet.
Several persons, out of a salary of five hundred pounds, have always lived at the rate of two thousand. Jonathan Swift.
the recompense or consideration paid, or stipulated to be paid, to a person at regular intervals for services; fixed wages, as by the year, quarter, or month; stipend; hire
to pay, or agree to pay, a salary to; to attach salary to; as, to salary a clerk; to salary a position
Etymology: [L. salarius.]
A salary is a form of periodic payment from an employer to an employee, which may be specified in an employment contract. It is contrasted with piece wages, where each job, hour or other unit is paid separately, rather than on a periodic basis. From the point of a view of running a business, salary can also be viewed as the cost of acquiring human resources for running operations, and is then termed personnel expense or salary expense. In accounting, salaries are recorded in payroll accounts. Salary is a fixed amount of money or compensation paid to an employee by an employer in return for work performed. Salary is commonly paid in stages at fixed intervals, for example, monthly payments of one-twelfth of the annual salary. Salary is determined by market pay rates for people doing similar work in similar industries in the same region. Salary is also determined by the pay rates and salary ranges established by an individual employer. Salary is also affected by the number of people available to perform the specific job in the employer's employment locale.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
sal′a-ri, n. a recompense for services: wages.—v.t. to pay a salary.—adj. Sal′aried, receiving a salary. [O. Fr. salarie (Fr. salaire, It. salario)—L. salarium, salt-money, sal, salt]
A fair, just, moderate and specific monthly amount of money an employer must officially pay to an employee for a form of employment agreed in the terms and agreement of an employment contract and the specific details of the relevant employment legislation relating to this type of employment cocreated by a local unity government, regional unity government, national unity government, european unity government or international unity government that is empowered to create this type of legislation.
A salary is an annual amount of money paid monthly.Submitted by MaryC on February 27, 2020
British National Corpus
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'salary' in Written Corpus Frequency: #2349
Rank popularity for the word 'salary' in Nouns Frequency: #1412
The numerical value of salary in Chaldean Numerology is: 2
The numerical value of salary in Pythagorean Numerology is: 4
I am pleased the Presidential Council agrees that we cannot reward individuals who hold Libya's oil hostage, there can be no backroom deals if we are to build trust. Any past salary payments to the Petroleum Facilities Guards need to be transparent, properly authorised and documented.
Allowances cut from their salary will be recovered indirectly by them from the public's pocket only so they will not lose anything.
It has been three months now that I havent gotten any salary from office, and I am hardly surviving, and it is getting more difficult to come over home expenses. My brothers business is also going below zero because of the lockdown, poverty has become worse as you see more beggars in the streets. Daily laborers are suffering because of no daily projects, which have made them turn to beggars as well.
1. Sociopathy of power The world is plunging into a selfish, marketing, deadly sociopathy of power. People unite into groups of egoism, egoism unites them, billions of people think about themselves, each group builds its own system. An epic blockbuster of facial lies and self-deception. She collides with another system of egoism, the war of egoism in the eternal struggle for absolute power. Selfishness returns humanity to the childish consciousness of revenge, thus the world is ruled by childhood fears and childhood traumas. 2. The embedded logic of egoism, the promotion of marketing theories of hypotheses, ideologies and opinions - these are all legal drugs of apophenia and simulacrum. 3. Humanity is entangled in the web of its own egoism, people get entangled in their own self-deception, where they manipulate clip thinking, the blindness of cynical skepticism, where they react not to truth, but to social status, each thread of selfishness was formed by the line of human instinct, billions of vicious threads of selfishness, transform everything into nonsense, and lead the herd instinct to a dead end, collective, mass consciousness. 4. Where does time lead us and how deep is the black hole of illusions, time takes us to another dimension, everything seems exotic and an unknown world, a world that becomes native, and life is like a wondrous dream of illusions. Time confuses or creates discoveries for us. The biology of the body reveals a philosophical lesson for us under the yoke of time. It seems that time leads nowhere, like a compass that moves in a circle. In a hurry, we make a lot of mistakes and unconscious sins, the time machine accumulates dirt. 5. Poetry lives in the present. Poetry is the value of what is in this life. 6. Contemporary thinking in contemporary art, an associative collage of banality, turns into an empty formality, expressed in an ugly imagination, where people try to surpass their own selves in a vicious imagination. 7. Nature adorns life. 8. The universe is so eloquent in its colors poeticises reality, romanticizes nature. There is no more beautiful prose writer than the nature of the universe. 9. Nature is dreams of great and greater. The heart becomes infinitely free and the soul becomes gigantic when we are in nature. We become part of the great. We become a part of ourselves when we are in nature, we feel a kinship with it. Nature is romance in which we realize everything and everything, all the pettiness and insignificance of what we feel in the city, we become ourselves. 10. Various martial arts schools of thought and philosophy, including the style of the drunken master. Discipline and training in truth, the only path to enlightenment. The power of thought breaks stones and bricks. They fight with the power of thought, they fight for the power of truth, others at the expense of tactics, and still others at the expense of deceit. Fights for absolute power over people. Recruiting students, universities of theories and academies of paradigms. Martial schools of philosophy, all kinds of martial arts thinking, all fight for the title of dogma. Since the truth is fragmented and forms its own flora and fauna of the evolution of thinking. Some strive for divine truth, others add GMO spices of instincts, vices and selfishness. 11. Too much truth is the style of a drunken master, intoxicated by the sweet wine of philosophical poetry, piercing ages, the comical third eye of philosophy, the power of irony and sarcasm of which will break the stone of stupidity and the ice of indifference. Developed dexterity of thought, manipulates the fighting techniques of aphorisms, and philosophical poems, and quotes from a drunken master, an elusive prose writer of aphorisms, leaving no chance. Loneliness enhances the power of the blow, and the fiery, dragon's breath of truth, the depth of thought, piercing consciousness and subconsciousness, piercing the infinity of time. 1. The soul seems to consist of billions of stars of dreams and hopes. We are unknown worlds even for ourselves, our mood and sensations are nature. In space, you can live billions of lives and billions of moods as moods of nature. An endless abundance of varieties of images of life experiences, the universe lulls us with dreams and depth of knowledge. 2. Life is a philosophical lens Life is how we see it, it is the philosophical lens of a video camera in our minds, the philosophical video effect of the video of our memory. 3. Genes and philosophy Chemistry anatomical biology develops gene philosophy. 4. Money is an evolutionary, infantile stagnation in the development of the brain. At the expense of money, a person seeks to return to childhood and stay there. 5. Advertising is a lawyer who, through hypnosis, proves the genius or stupidity of a person or a product through herd instinct, to elevate or destroy. Advertising can turn a criminal into a victim. Advertising does not care which side it is on, it matters who pays more. Advertising manipulates selfishness, it creates the illusion of general selfishness that unites and creates the mass thinking of conformism. All that you see around you is all advertising. Advertising is music, cinema, literature, everything related to the visual arts, science, philosophy, culture, etc. All this is a temporary fashionable propaganda of thinking. Manipulation through advertising where you have been convinced of something for centuries. 6. Inflation and exchange rates will increase the number of divorces, more orphans and single-parent families. 7. The genitals hinder the evolutionary development of the brain, since the trends of modern culture develop at the expense of the genitals, inflation, egoism, infantilism, etc. The world will heal profundity. 8. Selfishness is an abstraction of lies, surrealism of self-deception. 9. Marketing of selfish dogmas and propaganda is the architecture of modern thinking in which modern theories and hypotheses and other kinds of opinions are placed that grow to the level of dogmas. 10. The human world is built through knowledge, namely through awareness. Books are a pillar and foundation. But awareness is the very building piercing the clouds, the building of the universe soaring into space like a spaceship plows through the depths of space of profundity. We reach the pinnacle of knowledge through the experience and opinions of other people who comprehend this world with the help of intuition, which is the main navigator in the development of culture and science. A person feels the weight of the evolutionary degeneration of the brain and heart and soul. The mind gains wings and freedom. The source of knowledge fills life with meaning so everything converges in its place and becomes understandable and the fear of ignorance decreases. Thinking is built at the expense of books, but intuition is a wormhole into endless depths of awareness and a look into the future. The abundance of opinions of theories of hypotheses speaks of ignorance and selfishness of vanity. Through books we learn the anatomy of philosophy. In books we accumulate someone else's experience and other people's insights and feel more fulfilling and more alive. 1. If from people, it is directed at you: resentment, envy, sarcasm, sarcasm, anger, aggression, hatred, revenge, rage - know that all this is people's sympathy, this does not mean that you are a bad person, just very attractive personality. 2. A love couple who is able to constantly forgive each other is doomed to become the happiest couple in the world. 3. Sleep is a unique museum of our past, present, and future. In which there is a library that holds a unique knowledge. 4. Man does not want people to like him, he wants to tease them. 5. For many people, love with late ignition. 6. The enemy control you with the help of your own anger. 7. We die exactly as much as we cease to be needed by the world. 8. Even in the worst, there is something funny. 9. Laziness as if slows down time and space. 10. Your loved one is your best thought in all your mind, throughout your whole life. 1. Eternal insomnia for days on end, the brain does not rest at all. You never sleep, because you are at work all day and then you dream that you are at work, wake up in the morning, go to work. Or do you dream that you wander somewhere, in nature, in the city, run away or fight with someone, and in the morning you complain that you are not getting enough sleep. 2. All memory in the cartridge. Life as a compact cassette, the contents of the reality of the subconscious - this is the content of the same cassette tape, all the memory deja vu on the reels of the cassette representing the past and future. 3. Artifacts of experience in the memory of past lives, live with us forever in the abyss of oblivion, and some like buoys emerge and warn of the depth of unconsciousness. 4. The chain of optimism is the weak link of naivety in human evolution. Optimism from a smile for a stranglehold of reality leading to the comic surrealism of the dreaming paradoxes of the human world. 5. Love is a night lamp from gloomy thoughts of the past. 6. Genius is telepathy with eternity. 7. Expressive horror, clownish smile of shock of truth, there are so many horrors and mental sufferings in it. An evil laugh of inevitability sounds. You are in the hands of a butcher of reality. All people from different dimensions of illusions do not hide from the truth, go play. 8. You hear the shocking laugh of brutal awareness. You are in the clown horror, the smile of the reality in the form of a clown becomes gigantic and it eats you moving to the zone of eternal laughter of indifference, where you are among faceless people in chains, on them plastic masks on the floor of the face with terrible smiles of disappointment a mask of nervous laughter emanates from them souls are cremated by despair; they don’t respond to you because they are undead unscrupulous. 9. Will turns life into a lucid dream. 10. Life is a two-room apartment, where one room is a city, the other is a dream. 11. The main thing in this world is family and awareness, the rest is decor. 12. Materialism is a cell of the mind that suppresses the will of the mind. 13. Enlarged or altered parts of the body are prostheses of pride, a disabled ego, you can see how the brain looks, but not the soul, a mutated mind exhausted by knowledge. 14. For a single person, the heart will become a friend, the body will be the soul, and the mind will become a horse. 15. Pride will take away the truth from the world without which there will be no future only spiritual poverty. 16. A frightening schizoid, bloody smile of rage burns with fire several hundred meters. Tearing the face and psyche and the skull itself, a delightful light smile of insensibility. 17. Time will show a complete psychological portrait of mankind to light and darkness. 18. Faith is stronger than all torture; there is nothing more powerful in the whole universe than faith that feeds will. 19. Truth - these are very strongly tightened strings, you need to play them very carefully and then you will hear an unforgettable melody of truth that may turn out to be the last in your life. 20. Reality is decomposing and all the ridiculous horrors of reality are visible, since you are in the lush chronosphere, where the quantum genetic transformations of the instincts of despair are in, in the projection of an alternative reality of the ego of power in which everything is programmed for decomposition. 21. An alternative is all that you have left. 22. Around you are bodypainting instincts of despair, a reflection of naked and at the same time false inner sensations and complexes. 23. Laughter and a frozen smile with tears is a state of doom that says that there is no more hope. Such laughter is heard in society, it is increasingly painful to look at the schizoid smiles of selfishness, under large bandanas in the form of eerie toothy smiles. You laugh until your heart stops. 24. You are in the unconscious, subconsciously instinctive, unpredictable chaos of the violent chronosphere, where the air is discharged and saturated with ignorance. You feel in yourself a silent smile of rage, the laugh of an ever-smiling death, in the intense silence of the unpredictable instincts of despair. You feel insult - this is rebirth, a laughing monster of disappointment, a smiling gloom, a crying smile, painted in the bright colors of depression, the laughter of this creature sounds in you for days, amplified by the laughter of people who laugh at you, you hear them ugly laugh, it gets louder and louder, you're scared, you cry and finally open your eyes, and realize that you are among strangers. 1. A time machine on the shoulders of memories, two advisers: on the right shoulder there is good future, in the left past that is evil, two open rays of time in which consciousness travels. 2. A halo of knowledge within life, this is a recording of a projection, one who feels reality can feel the universe: the past, present and future, and that which is timeless. 3. The laugh of rage Rap beat: Trumpet music ram there beat street rhythm boo boom bang bang there tudum pub bam pa bang boom boom The laughter of rage and the bloody gloom in a smile in consciousness from an evil joke of reality from the fact that you are not worthy to live like everyone else. The ragged strings of the ever-laughing psyche, like the blinking light of madness where there is insight between light and darkness. The interrupted melody of the harmony of the soul. The silence of insight overcomes the mind, the light is visible, leading to a new dimension of thinking, because everything is visible through the transparent eyelids of the vigilance of fear, and only unconsciousness temporarily closes our eyes from fatigue in the realm of the subconscious. 4. Gangsta music: Car sound Wooo ooo woooo oo drum beat drums pap pap pap Laughing grin of smiling reality from the fact that billions of internal realities of people form a single reality of the hidden chaos of egoism. 5. There is nothing cheaper than sins. 7. Patience gives friends. 8. The trumpet sounds a symphony as a drawn out moan of a soul immersed in laughing horrors of reality, an amazing feeling of weightlessness of madness in the soul, a bright expressive pessimistic gloom in her smile in her laughing psyche. The poison of modern philosophy corrodes the psyche to people like acid. All in straitjackets of conservatism are wary of brilliant exotic thinking that is alien to this world created for posterity. 9. The Venereal thoughts of propaganda will decay for a very long time in the genetic thinking of the mentality. 10. The universe is mined by various bombs of philosophies from different eras. To activate them you need to read books, they act as spells from which a new world will be built for new bombs. 11. Instincts are terrible toys of the subconscious, there is a toy world that is developed at the expense of all lived lives, they call to have fun at the expense of oneself. 1. Music rap beat: The creak of a door wao wao wao. Wao Wao Tum Tum Tum Wao WaoThe smashing sword of feelings cuts the emptiness of reality that feels the powerlessness of the fighter against fate 2. Music rap beat: Tuk tchak tututu tchak tutu tchak tututu tchak tutu tchak tchak tchak tutu tchak.Memory is a palace of photographs and in each room you can watch a video of memories, this palace is on fire, and new photos fly out of your head that rebuild a new castle. 3. Music rap beat: empty drum sound and beat rhythm house here tuka tu dum tuk tutu tuka house. Fake laughter as a simulated orgasm of optimism. 4. Music: Bowl Sound: woo-woo-beat rhythm: Tu-Ta-Ta-Tu-Tu-Doom Remembering, fears, desires, mysterious entities, all of them are in your hotel subconscious where you are just a doorman. 5. Compass of awareness in the hands of the one who is eating in the elevator of consciousness, awareness in the very top. On the higher floors, they will understand that they have not yet grown to logic, and where logic breaks down and the highest level of thinking begins: infinite love. 6. Thinking is life, the death of thinking and philosophy gives birth to a new form of life in a new dimension of thinking. 7. Instincts are fear, therefore we are still part of the animal world, because of fear we live in a cultural ghetto. Intuition is the courage of conscience in the heart. 8. Love is when it is pleasant to dream and think about your beloved person and to receive sincere pleasure taking care of him. 9. A philosopher is a whirling six-barreled machine gun firing thoughts, ideas into people's souls and bullets never end; a slight evil smile of awareness comes from them; everyone realizes the evil joke of reality. 10. Periodically, the light of the stairs illuminates the corridors of the staircases, everything changes and is illuminated by a beacon of good luck for our lives. 11. Insanely laughing psycheFrom disappointment, the soul cannot stop laughing with a frightening uncontrolled laugh, between fear and uncontrolled angry laughter. The smiling, insanely laughing psyche growls and tears to pieces from the high-voltage psychic tension that gives birth to truth, from a smile the philosophy of the psyche breaks into two parts of the duality of the world. A huge smile is visible in the broken mirror of the psyche, and only sometimes the image of a person is reflected in them as a reflection of conscience. 12. Everyone hurries to their graves. 13. Instincts are terrible toys of the subconscious, there is a toy world that is developed at the expense of all lived lives, they call to have fun at the expense of oneself. 1. Patience like wine over time, you will experience the rich taste of detail. 2. Gene transformation shapes thinking and the future. 3. A lonely person is like the restless soul of reality, an ever wandering spirit in the eternal darkness of despair in the cosmic void of loneliness, meeting the dawns of the twilight of sorrow. 4. A race of smiles or a race called: Smile. This is my fantastic race of vision that you see in my many drawings. Their smiles as a symbol of awareness are something absolutely brilliant. 5. Forgiveness is better than eternal anger, which everyone does not care about. 6. Oblivion is the insidious essence of progress. 7. Civilization is when a wild wolf becomes an obedient dog of the system. 8. Laziness is an adverse reaction to the artificial system of society. 9. Truth plunges into loneliness. 10. Atmosphere is the basis and essence of any kind of art. 11. Eternity is the funeral of logic. 12. The sound of death is a small Chinese gong of death, like the sound of a dying inevitability of the heart. Filled with a deep drama of a panting breathing in the last breaths of the air of life. It was as if they had put a bag on his head for strangulation. Like a leap into the inevitability of the emptiness of a new reality of immersion in the darkness of eternity. 13. Aliens live for millennia, thousands of life experiences. But even they don’t understand our paradoxical logic of why people still hang each other on meat hooks in memory refrigerators, which have everything from love to hate. 14. Laughter through pain and depression, like a through wound from a bullet and you feel relief. Pain will give you much more awareness and experience than pleasure. 15. A person lives too little because of the time frame of the body; there is little to understand himself, life. Problems accelerate the mind hundreds of millennia onward without consciousness and awareness, and the brain depletes itself in the false illusions of the illusory traps of the deception of the false truth of egoism. 16. Progress is an inevitability in which culture will turn into a polite formality. But because of money, this progress is slowed down because everyone makes no discoveries, almost everyone is waiting for a salary. 17. We are surrounded by anomalous thinking of rationality, and the paranormal paradoxes of egoism between the lines of everyday life. 18. The Universe is a radio and only a few have tuned their brain radio waves with this endless source of genius. 1. A question is a prayer to one's self. 2. Wars prove that the past will destroy the future. 3. The heart of darkness will bestow either holiness or madness. A voice from the depths of the gloomy loneliness of the soul will bestow an amazing observer philosophy. 4. Abstract transformations of chance prove that there is no order and will not even be in high culture. 5. The heart of reality beats in the rhythm of verses and music of beatniks, endless improvisations of opinions are like gloomy but romantic apathy of jazz - these are timid steps to the truth, as if connecting usb wires of the logic of various people, we are connected to eternity in eternal unity, we learn the common self of humanity. Exhaling cigarette smoke looking into the future with black glasses, fear that does not see terror in our eyes, he sees through glasses only courage and courage where we seem to take the last leap into the abyss of inevitability. A ray of light hits in the distance, we go to the end from dawn to dawn, snapping our fingers, we go to the climax of truth coming out of the fog of self-deception, breathing in the air of freedom from illusions, we where there are no screens of annoying instincts and other vices of self-destruction. 6. Advertising is the harshest dictator of values. 7. Accident is communication with reality. 8. Socialization is the slavery of self-deception. 9. Loneliness is music in the soul that voices feelings and emotions permeated by being. The endless quest for meaning in the impasse of fate. Lyrical melodies in the void of consciousness, in the zone of infinite loneliness, the soul of a doomed soul to wander in the inevitability of a timeless sense of eternity. In fearless courage, the adoption of an interdimensional hybrid reality takes place that becomes one from humility. 10. All our values are in memory. 11. Patience like wine, over time you will experience the rich taste of detail. 12. Gene transformation shapes thinking and the future. 13. A lonely person is like the restless soul of reality, an ever wandering spirit in the eternal darkness of despair in the cosmic void of loneliness, meeting the dawns of the twilight of sorrow. 14. Race: smile A race of smiles or a race called: Smile. This is my fantastic race of vision that you see in my many drawings. Their smiles as a symbol of awareness are something absolutely brilliant. 15. Forgiveness is better than eternal anger, which everyone does not care about. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich
I think Daesh will benefit from this decision because it will draw more volunteers to resort to it for a salary to sustain their families, they have a lot of money and their members are living in luxury.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for salary
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- راتب, أجرArabic
- salariCatalan, Valencian
- sueldo, salarioSpanish
- kuukausipalkka, kiinteä palkkaFinnish
- salaire, un salaireFrench
- tuarasdal, tuarastalScottish Gaelic
- שכר, משכורתHebrew
- वेतन, तनख़्वाह, मासिक वेतनHindi
- föst laun, kaup, launIcelandic
- stipendio, salarioItalian
- 給料, サラリーJapanese
- 봉급, 급료, 임금Korean
- mehane, meaş, مهعاش, miz, muçeKurdish
- ujrah, ݢاجي, اجره, gajiMalay
- loon, salarisDutch
- płaca, pensja, wynagrodzeniePolish
- зарплата, заработная плата, жалованиеRussian
- maaş, aylıkTurkish
- traitmint, salåreWalloon
Get even more translations for salary »
Find a translation for the salary definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)