track, rail, rails, runway(noun)
a bar or pair of parallel bars of rolled steel making the railway along which railroad cars or other vehicles can roll
a chute down which logs can slide
a narrow platform extending from the stage into the audience in a theater or nightclub etc.
a strip of level paved surface where planes can take off and land
an airstrip, a (usually) paved section on which planes land or take off
a narrow platform extending from a stage on which people walk, especially used by models in fashion shows
the usual path taken by deer or other wild animals, i.e. from the forest to the stream
a stream bed
the channel of a stream
the beaten path made by deer or other animals in passing to and from their feeding grounds
According to the International Civil Aviation Organization a runway is a "defined rectangular area on a land aerodrome prepared for the landing and takeoff of aircraft". Runways may be a man-made surface or a natural surface.
Song lyrics by runway -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by runway on the Lyrics.com website.
The numerical value of runway in Chaldean Numerology is: 3
The numerical value of runway in Pythagorean Numerology is: 3
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
It is off the runway now.
The runway trends can be the perfect guide.
Good rock, what runway would you like today?
It was a hard landing, and the aircraft left the runway.
The elements of a runway show should all enhance the inspiration and vision.
Images & Illustrations of runway
Translations for runway
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- pistaCatalan, Valencian
- vzletová a přistávací dráha, moloCzech
- SLB, Laufsteg, Start- und Landebahn, Startbahn, LandebahnGerman
- pista de despegue, pasarela, pista, pista de aterrizajeSpanish
- podium, piste d'atterrissage, passerelle, pisteFrench
- raon-laigheScottish Gaelic
- pista di atterraggio, pista di decollo, pista, passerellaItalian
- 滑走路, ランウエーJapanese
- 활주로, 滑走路Korean
- rullebaneNorwegian Nynorsk
- wybieg, pas startowy, droga startowaPolish
- passarela, pista, pista de pousoPortuguese
- подиум, взлётно-посадочная полоса, посадочная полоса, ВПП, взлётная полосаRussian
- писта, pistaSerbo-Croatian
- đường băngVietnamese
Get even more translations for runway »
Find a translation for the runway definition in other languages:
Select another language: