return to an original state
"the recovery of the forest after the fire was surprisingly rapid"
convalescence, recuperation, recoverynoun
gradual healing (through rest) after sickness or injury
the act of regaining or saving something lost (or in danger of becoming lost)
The act or process of regaining or repossession of something lost.
A return to normal health.
A return to former status.
Renewed growth after a slump (economy).
the act of recovering, regaining, or retaking possession
restoration from sickness, weakness, faintness, or the like; restoration from a condition of mistortune, of fright, etc
the obtaining in a suit at law of a right to something by a verdict and judgment of court
the getting, or gaining, of something not previously had
in rowing, the act of regaining the proper position for making a new stroke
Recovery was a music and youth-oriented television series that was broadcast by ABC TV in Australia. The show was aired each Saturday morning from 9:00am to 12:00pm, following the overnight video clip program, Rage, and was broadcast from 20 April 1996 to 29 April 2000.
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
1. In air (aviation) operations, that phase of a mission which involves the return of an aircraft to a land base or platform afloat. 2. The retrieval of a mine from the location where emplaced. 3. In personnel recovery, actions taken to physically gain custody of isolated personnel and return them to the initial reception point. 4. Actions taken to extricate damaged or disabled equipment for return to friendly control or repair at another location. See also evader; evasion; recovery; recovery force.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'recovery' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #2641
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'recovery' in Written Corpus Frequency: #4768
Rank popularity for the word 'recovery' in Nouns Frequency: #1140
The numerical value of recovery in Chaldean Numerology is: 4
The numerical value of recovery in Pythagorean Numerology is: 3
Essentially we've been surfing on the national recovery, the idea was that Wisconsin policies are better than the national policies and we were going to move ahead of the national rate. That clearly hasn't happened.
The euro area is confronting flat growth and deflation. Beyond Europe, the growth rates of key emerging economies -- China and India -- are losing steam, geopolitical crises -- in Ukraine, Iraq, and Syria -- pose serious risks, complicating the recovery ... And though America is carrying the world economy at the moment, that is simply not sustainable.
The higher-than-expected GDP number indicates that growth has stepped into the expansionary zone, although some sectors remain in recovery, policy exiting will pose counter-cyclical pressures on 2021 growth.
Post-pandemic economic recovery must not slow down climate action, agora Energiewende therefore need strong climate policy -- such as in the Green Deal -- to ensure steady progress.
Our condolences and prayers go out to the family and friends of Border Patrol Agent Rogelio Martinez, who was killed this morning in the line of duty. We are also praying for the full recovery of his partner, who was also attacked, this is a stark reminder of the ongoing threat that an unsecure border poses to the safety of our communities and those charged with defending them. We are grateful for the courage and sacrifice of our border agents who have dedicated their lives to keeping us safe, the statement read. I remain fully committed to working with the Border Patrol to provide them with all the resources they need to safeguard our nation.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for recovery
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- Erholung, Wiedergewinnung, Gesundung, Wiedererlangung, Wiederherstellung, Genesung, ZurückgewinnungGerman
- paraneminen, elpyminen, palautuminenFinnish
- rétablissement, guérison, récupérationFrench
- gyógyulás, visszaszerzésHungarian
- recupero, ricuperoItalian
- 回復, 回収Japanese
- herstel, genezing, terugwinningDutch
- возврат, получение обратно, оздоровление, получение вновь, восстановление, оживление, рекуперация, поправка, выздоровлениеRussian
- ozdravljenje, oporavak, oporava, oporavSerbo-Croatian
Get even more translations for recovery »
Find a translation for the recovery definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)