return to an original state
"the recovery of the forest after the fire was surprisingly rapid"
convalescence, recuperation, recovery(noun)
gradual healing (through rest) after sickness or injury
the act of regaining or saving something lost (or in danger of becoming lost)
The act or process of regaining or repossession of something lost.
A return to normal health.
A return to former status.
Renewed growth after a slump (economy).
the act of recovering, regaining, or retaking possession
restoration from sickness, weakness, faintness, or the like; restoration from a condition of mistortune, of fright, etc
the obtaining in a suit at law of a right to something by a verdict and judgment of court
the getting, or gaining, of something not previously had
in rowing, the act of regaining the proper position for making a new stroke
Recovery was a music and youth-oriented television series that was broadcast by ABC TV in Australia. The show was aired each Saturday morning from 9:00am to 12:00pm, following the overnight video clip program, Rage, and was broadcast from 20 April 1996 to 29 April 2000.
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
1. In air (aviation) operations, that phase of a mission which involves the return of an aircraft to a land base or platform afloat. 2. The retrieval of a mine from the location where emplaced. 3. In personnel recovery, actions taken to physically gain custody of isolated personnel and return them to the initial reception point. 4. Actions taken to extricate damaged or disabled equipment for return to friendly control or repair at another location. See also evader; evasion; recovery; recovery force.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'recovery' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #2641
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'recovery' in Written Corpus Frequency: #4768
Rank popularity for the word 'recovery' in Nouns Frequency: #1140
The numerical value of recovery in Chaldean Numerology is: 4
The numerical value of recovery in Pythagorean Numerology is: 3
Examples of recovery in a Sentence
The best thing might be to tender, if the company runs out of liquidity and becomes insolvent, the recovery value may be less.
My biggest part of recovery, the reason I got better, was my little girl Chloe and my wife Kelsey, so I wanted to bring my family with me so we could achieve the goal of kayaking together or swimming, or any activity and I thought : Why not have a place that’s 100 percent ADA accessible ?
The fare box recovery of U.S. metro systems is around 60 % at best and many others are also less than 100 %.
With higher bills, companies are actually losing competitiveness, no matter what happens with the exchange rate, any recovery is going to be slow.
I've been sober a long time. I have no shame around that, that's an amazing thing. If anybody watches the show and sees a glimmer of hope about the chance for recovery, that's great.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for recovery
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- Erholung, Wiedergewinnung, Gesundung, Wiedererlangung, Wiederherstellung, Genesung, ZurückgewinnungGerman
- paraneminen, elpyminen, palautuminenFinnish
- rétablissement, guérison, récupérationFrench
- gyógyulás, visszaszerzésHungarian
- recupero, ricuperoItalian
- 回復, 回収Japanese
- herstel, genezing, terugwinningDutch
- возврат, получение обратно, оздоровление, получение вновь, восстановление, оживление, рекуперация, поправка, выздоровлениеRussian
- ozdravljenje, oporavak, oporava, oporavSerbo-Croatian
Get even more translations for recovery »
Find a translation for the recovery definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)