foolhardy, heady, rash, reckless(adj)
marked by defiant disregard for danger or consequences
"foolhardy enough to try to seize the gun from the hijacker"; "became the fiercest and most reckless of partisans"-Macaulay; "a reckless driver"; "a rash attempt to climb Mount Everest"
characterized by careless unconcern
"the heedless generosity and the spasmodic extravagance of persons used to large fortunes"- Edith Wharton; "reckless squandering of public funds"
careless or heedless; headstrong or rash
indifferent to danger or the consequences
Origin: From rekles, reckeles, from receleas, equivalent to . Cognate with roekeloos, ruchlos.
inattentive to duty; careless; neglectful; indifferent
rashly negligent; utterly careless or heedless
Reckless is the fourth studio album by the Canadian rock artist Bryan Adams. Co-produced by Adams and Bob Clearmountain, it was one of Adams' most successful albums. Released on November 5, 1984 through A&M Records, the album was a huge international hit, selling over 5 million units in the United States alone. It was the first Canadian album to sell more than one million units within Canada. The album peaked at number 1 on the Billboard 200 and reached high positions in charts worldwide. The album has sold more than 12 million copies worldwide. Six singles were released from the album: "Run to You", "Somebody", "Heaven", "Summer of '69", "One Night Love Affair", and "It's Only Love". All six singles made the top 15 on the US Billboard Hot 100, a feat that at the time had been accomplished previously only by Michael Jackson's Thriller. The album was ranked No. 49 on Kerrang!'s "100 Greatest Heavy Metal Albums of All Time" and was named the #12 Greatest Canadian Album of All Time by Bob Mersereau in his book The Top 100 Canadian Albums. The album was recorded at Little Mountain Sound Studios, Vancouver, Canada. On December 12, 2009 the syndicated radio program In the Studio celebrated the 25th anniversary of the album.
The numerical value of reckless in Chaldean Numerology is: 8
The numerical value of reckless in Pythagorean Numerology is: 2
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Be reckless in your intensities.
I find these air strikes to be reckless and indiscriminate.
It's reckless, it has a built-in dynamic for unintended escalation.
So let me be clear, Kim Jong Un's actions are reckless and dangerous.
Rushing to judgment before the facts are in is unwarranted and reckless.
Images & Illustrations of reckless
Translations for reckless
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- temerària, temerari, imprudentCatalan, Valencian
- bezstarostný, lehkomyslný, bezohlednýCzech
- letsindig, ubetænksom, skødesløsDanish
- waghalsig, rücksichtslos, verwegenGerman
- temerario, imprudenteSpanish
- harkitsematon, uhkarohkea, rämäpäinen, huimapäinen, holtiton, yltiöpäinen, huima, hurjapäinenFinnish
- téméraire, insouciant, irresponsableFrench
- ráscánta, neamhchúramach, meargántaIrish
- comaScottish Gaelic
- անպատասխանատու, անփույթ, թեթեւամիտ, անհոգ, անշրջահայաց, անխոհեմArmenian
- sembrono, gegabahIndonesian
- 無知, 無謀Japanese
- មិនប្រយ័ត្នប្រយែង, ដែលមិនប្រយ័ត្នKhmer
- pokerenoa, tōtōāMāori
- temerário, imprudentePortuguese
- беспечный, безумный, бесшабашный, безответственный, легкомысленный, опрометчивый, безрассудныйRussian
- obetänksam, lättsinnig, vårdslösSwedish
- pervasız, kayıtsız, umursamaz, korkusuz, ihtiyatsızTurkish
Get even more translations for reckless »
Find a translation for the reckless definition in other languages:
Select another language: