truly, genuinely, reallyadverb
in accordance with truth or fact or reality
"she was now truly American"; "a genuinely open society"; "they don't really listen to us"
in actual fact
"to be nominally but not actually independent"; "no one actually saw the shark"; "large meteorites actually come from the asteroid belt"
in truth, really, trulyadverb
in fact (used as intensifiers or sentence modifiers)
"in truth, moral decay hastened the decline of the Roman Empire"; "really, you shouldn't have done it"; "a truly awful book"
very, really, real, rattlingadverb
used as intensifiers; `real' is sometimes used informally for `really'; `rattling' is informal
"she was very gifted"; "he played very well"; "a really enjoyable evening"; "I'm real sorry about it"; "a rattling good yarn"
Actually; in fact; in reality.
"He really is a true friend." / "Really? What makes you so sure?"
Very (modifying an adjective); very much (modifying a verb).
But ma, I really, really want to go to the show!
Indicating surprise at, or requesting confirmation of, some new information; to express skepticism.
Indicating that what was just said was obvious and unnecessary; contrived incredulity
Indicating affirmation, agreement.
Indicating displeasure at another person's behaviour or statement.
Well, really! How rude.
in a real manner; with or in reality; actually; in truth
Really is the second album by J. J. Cale. It was released in 1973.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
rē-a-lī′, v.t. (Spens.) to bring together again: to reform.—v.t. to arrange again.—n. Reallī′ance, a renewed alliance.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'really' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #263
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'really' in Written Corpus Frequency: #98
Rank popularity for the word 'really' in Adverbs Frequency: #31
The numerical value of really in Chaldean Numerology is: 6
The numerical value of really in Pythagorean Numerology is: 1
It really ranks as the number one strange save, the squadron has been involved in some hair-raising tasks. Most of our rescues are obviously boat or person related. This rescue was so different because we had to lasso the horse while keeping him as unstressed as possible.
That's really sweet, i'm glad.
The fact that the U.S. economy is bopping along really does help.
It's really about us thinking about our sustainability goals... and being a good corporate steward, this is the standard we set for the company going forward.
It was really a joke, i swear to you I did not know that made it into the paperwork.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for really
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- والله؟, ليس معقل!, حقًاArabic
- realmentCatalan, Valencian
- skutečně, opravduCzech
- stimmt, in der Tat, wirklich, tatsächlich?, was Sie nicht sagen, wirklich?, was du nicht sagstGerman
- πράγματι, αληθινά, αλήθεια, όντως, πραγματικάGreek
- ĉu vere?Esperanto
- verdaderamente, realmente, de veras, en serio, de verdadSpanish
- واقعاً؟, واقعاً که!, واقعاً, جداً؟Persian
- ihanko totta, todella, totta, tosi, todellako, todellakin, oikeastiFinnish
- tényleg, komolyan, igaz, igazán, valóbanHungarian
- ezị okwuIgbo
- virkilega, raunverulega, virkilega?, raunar, sannarlegaIcelandic
- まじ, 本当, へえ, ほんと, 本真Japanese
- 진짜, 참, 진짜로, 그래요?, 정말로Korean
- vere, itane, vero, an vero, an, anneLatin
- āta koia, nēMāori
- werkelijk, werkelijk?, echt?Dutch
- tʼáásh aanííNavajo, Navaho
- czyżby, naprawdę, właśnie, doprawdyPolish
- mesmo, realmente, na verdade, sério?Portuguese
- pe buneRomanian
- разве?, правда, правда?, действительноRussian
- egentligen, säger du det?, verkligen, sannerligen, verkligen?, jaså?Swedish
- చాలా, నిజంగాTelugu
- aslında, öyle mi, gerçekten, harbiden mi, cidden, harbiden, gerçekten mi, gerçekten deTurkish
- thật sao?, vậy à?, thế à?, thật sựVietnamese
Get even more translations for really »
Find a translation for the really definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)