truly, genuinely, reallyadverb
in accordance with truth or fact or reality
"she was now truly American"; "a genuinely open society"; "they don't really listen to us"
in actual fact
"to be nominally but not actually independent"; "no one actually saw the shark"; "large meteorites actually come from the asteroid belt"
in truth, really, trulyadverb
in fact (used as intensifiers or sentence modifiers)
"in truth, moral decay hastened the decline of the Roman Empire"; "really, you shouldn't have done it"; "a truly awful book"
very, really, real, rattlingadverb
used as intensifiers; `real' is sometimes used informally for `really'; `rattling' is informal
"she was very gifted"; "he played very well"; "a really enjoyable evening"; "I'm real sorry about it"; "a rattling good yarn"
Actually; in fact; in reality.
"He really is a true friend." / "Really? What makes you so sure?"
Very (modifying an adjective); very much (modifying a verb).
But ma, I really, really want to go to the show!
Indicating surprise at, or requesting confirmation of, some new information; to express skepticism.
Indicating that what was just said was obvious and unnecessary; contrived incredulity
Indicating affirmation, agreement.
Indicating displeasure at another person's behaviour or statement.
Well, really! How rude.
in a real manner; with or in reality; actually; in truth
Really is the second album by J. J. Cale. It was released in 1973.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
rē-a-lī′, v.t. (Spens.) to bring together again: to reform.—v.t. to arrange again.—n. Reallī′ance, a renewed alliance.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'really' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #263
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'really' in Written Corpus Frequency: #98
Rank popularity for the word 'really' in Adverbs Frequency: #31
The numerical value of really in Chaldean Numerology is: 6
The numerical value of really in Pythagorean Numerology is: 1
She was very nasty. She was running against Barbara Boxer. She lost in a landslide, but during the run she was really horrible about Barbara Boxer's looks.
Even though we might not be making the hard ask or knocking on their door the way we would be in an on ground the campaign, I think we're finding if you meet people where they are, we're having really effective conversations that we strongly believe people are going to remember in November.
I've had staffers say that the Clintons were definitely the most paranoid first family that they ever had to work with, they didn't really trust the staff -- it took them a full year to really carry on a conversation while the staff was in the room.
We see a lot of those animals come in after they have already been suffering for a long time or have had something happen to them, but to actually see it in action happening to an animal, it was really difficult to watch.
The problem I had is that, according to inter office documents, J&J was aware of the potential concerns, and it really looked like instead of trying to investigate, they started talking about how to combat what would eventually be a court case.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for really
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- والله؟, ليس معقل!, حقًاArabic
- realmentCatalan, Valencian
- skutečně, opravduCzech
- stimmt, in der Tat, wirklich, tatsächlich?, was Sie nicht sagen, wirklich?, was du nicht sagstGerman
- πράγματι, αληθινά, αλήθεια, όντως, πραγματικάGreek
- ĉu vere?Esperanto
- verdaderamente, realmente, de veras, en serio, de verdadSpanish
- واقعاً؟, واقعاً که!, واقعاً, جداً؟Persian
- ihanko totta, todella, totta, tosi, todellako, todellakin, oikeastiFinnish
- tényleg, komolyan, igaz, igazán, valóbanHungarian
- ezị okwuIgbo
- virkilega, raunverulega, virkilega?, raunar, sannarlegaIcelandic
- まじ, 本当, へえ, ほんと, 本真Japanese
- 진짜, 참, 진짜로, 그래요?, 정말로Korean
- vere, itane, vero, an vero, an, anneLatin
- āta koia, nēMāori
- werkelijk, werkelijk?, echt?Dutch
- tʼáásh aanííNavajo, Navaho
- czyżby, naprawdę, właśnie, doprawdyPolish
- mesmo, realmente, na verdade, sério?Portuguese
- pe buneRomanian
- разве?, правда, правда?, действительноRussian
- egentligen, säger du det?, verkligen, sannerligen, verkligen?, jaså?Swedish
- చాలా, నిజంగాTelugu
- aslında, öyle mi, gerçekten, harbiden mi, cidden, harbiden, gerçekten mi, gerçekten deTurkish
- thật sao?, vậy à?, thế à?, thật sựVietnamese
Get even more translations for really »
Find a translation for the really definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)