art, artistry, prowess(noun)
a superior skill that you can learn by study and practice and observation
"the art of conversation"; "it's quite an art"
Skillfulness and manual ability; adroitness or dexterity.
Distinguished bravery or courage, especially in battle; heroism
Origin: From proeche (Modern French: prouesse)
distinguished bravery; valor; especially, military bravery and skill; gallantry; intrepidity; fearlessness
Origin: [OF. proece, proesce, F. prouesse. See Prow, a.]
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
prow′es, n. bravery, esp. in war: valour: daring.—adj. Prow (arch.), brave, valiant:—superl. Prow′est. [O. Fr. prou (Fr. preux), perh. from prod in prodesse, to do good.]
The numerical value of prowess in Chaldean Numerology is: 7
The numerical value of prowess in Pythagorean Numerology is: 7
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Cyber warfare is as much about psychological strategy as technical prowess.
Let's not forget the ideological aspect of this, it's important to them to have this ability to demonstrate technological prowess.
Without an adversary prowess shrivels. We see how great and efficient it really is only when it shows by endurance what it is capable of.
Material dust in mind acts like only rust for it corrodes the thinking prowess of a person who then can’t even identity the people worth to own trust.
It has got nothing to do with the prowess of a selected person’s mind, but they find and recruit the people of their kind only to show the standard and the class of their own house.
Images & Illustrations of prowess
Translations for prowess
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- dovednost, obratnost, zručnost, hrdinstvíCzech
- Heldenmut, Fähigkeiten, Können, TapferkeitGerman
- ανδρεία, δεξιότηταGreek
- destreza, capacidad, habilidad, proezaSpanish
- taitavuus, sankaruusFinnish
- fait d'armes, adresse, exploit, prouesse, dextérité, héroïsme, haut fait, habiletéFrench
- խիզախություն, ճարպկություն, հմտությունArmenian
- 武勇, 技量Japanese
- bekwaamheid, heldenmoed, dapperheidDutch
- умение, храбрость, отвага, мастерство, удаль, доблестьRussian
- spretnost, одважност, odvažnost, спретностSerbo-Croatian
- hjältemod, tapperhet, skicklighetSwedish
- galing, abilidadTagalog
- yiğitlik, cesaret, maharet, hüner, kahramanlıkTurkish
Get even more translations for prowess »
Find a translation for the prowess definition in other languages:
Select another language: