forth, forward, onward(adverb)
forward in time or order or degree
"from that time forth"; "from the sixth century onward"
ahead, onward, onwards, forward, forwards, forrader(adverb)
in a forward direction
"go ahead"; "the train moved ahead slowly"; "the boat lurched ahead"; "moved onward into the forest"; "they went slowly forward in the mud"
In a forward direction.
Onward Christian soldiers, marching as to war...
There was an onward rush as the gates opened
Onward is a town in Tipton Township, Cass County, Indiana, United States. The population was 100 at the 2010 census.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
on′ward, adj. going on: advancing: advanced.—adv. (also On′wards) toward a point on or in front: forward.
Military Dictionary and Gazetteer
Toward the point before or in front; forward; as, to move onward.
Song lyrics by onward -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by onward on the Lyrics.com website.
The numerical value of onward in Chaldean Numerology is: 7
The numerical value of onward in Pythagorean Numerology is: 3
Examples of onward in a Sentence
Those who are lifting the world upward and onward are those who encourage more than criticize.
I ordered a massive dessert and started putting weight from that second onward, it’s quite nice when you’re ordering — you can order whatever you like. But the truth is I would go to bed every night not feeling very great. I’m a small guy. I’m not really used to carrying weight. It doesn’t make you feel great. I like to feel fit and healthy. But it was effective. It worked.
When are we gonna talk about the unspoken? Behind of the words a silent ocean of desires and a coiled knowledge lies in wait, listen a restless voice in our heart endlessly urging us onward to break the limits of fear and to embrace of our longing. Unspoken is whatever we have not desired with all our heart
A number of the things that the Ukrainians requested are not readily available unless the U.S. were to license onward export.
1. Patience like wine over time, you will experience the rich taste of detail. 2. Gene transformation shapes thinking and the future. 3. A lonely person is like the restless soul of reality, an ever wandering spirit in the eternal darkness of despair in the cosmic void of loneliness, meeting the dawns of the twilight of sorrow. 4. A race of smiles or a race called: Smile. This is my fantastic race of vision that you see in my many drawings. Their smiles as a symbol of awareness are something absolutely brilliant. 5. Forgiveness is better than eternal anger, which everyone does not care about. 6. Oblivion is the insidious essence of progress. 7. Civilization is when a wild wolf becomes an obedient dog of the system. 8. Laziness is an adverse reaction to the artificial system of society. 9. Truth plunges into loneliness. 10. Atmosphere is the basis and essence of any kind of art. 11. Eternity is the funeral of logic. 12. The sound of death is a small Chinese gong of death, like the sound of a dying inevitability of the heart. Filled with a deep drama of a panting breathing in the last breaths of the air of life. It was as if they had put a bag on his head for strangulation. Like a leap into the inevitability of the emptiness of a new reality of immersion in the darkness of eternity. 13. Aliens live for millennia, thousands of life experiences. But even they don’t understand our paradoxical logic of why people still hang each other on meat hooks in memory refrigerators, which have everything from love to hate. 14. Laughter through pain and depression, like a through wound from a bullet and you feel relief. Pain will give you much more awareness and experience than pleasure. 15. A person lives too little because of the time frame of the body; there is little to understand himself, life. Problems accelerate the mind hundreds of millennia onward without consciousness and awareness, and the brain depletes itself in the false illusions of the illusory traps of the deception of the false truth of egoism. 16. Progress is an inevitability in which culture will turn into a polite formality. But because of money, this progress is slowed down because everyone makes no discoveries, almost everyone is waiting for a salary. 17. We are surrounded by anomalous thinking of rationality, and the paranormal paradoxes of egoism between the lines of everyday life. 18. The Universe is a radio and only a few have tuned their brain radio waves with this endless source of genius. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for onward
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- إلى الأمامArabic
- προς τα εμπρόςGreek
- para adelanteSpanish
- eespäin, eteenpäinFinnish
- en avantFrench
- előre, előrehaladó, továbbHungarian
- in poi, in avantiItalian
- [[para]] [[diante]], [[a partir de]] [[agora]]Portuguese
Get even more translations for onward »
Find a translation for the onward definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)