Definitions for narcotic
Here are all the possible meanings and translations of the word narcotic.
a drug that produces numbness or stupor; often taken for pleasure or to reduce pain; extensive use can lead to addiction
of or relating to or designating narcotics
"narcotic addicts"; "narcotic stupor"
narcotic, narcotizing, narcotisingadjective
inducing stupor or narcosis
narcotic, soporiferous, soporificadjective
inducing mental lethargy
"a narcotic speech"
Any class of substances or drugs, that reduces pain, induces sleep and may alter mood or behaviour.
Any type of numbing drug.
Certain illegal drugs.
Of, or relating to narcotics.
Inducing sleep; causing narcosis.
having the properties of a narcotic; operating as a narcotic
a drug which, in medicinal doses, generally allays morbid susceptibility, relieves pain, and produces sleep; but which, in poisonous doses, produces stupor, coma, or convulsions, and, when given in sufficient quantity, causes death. The best examples are opium (with morphine), belladonna (with atropine), and conium
Etymology: [F. narcotique, Gr. narkwtiko`s, fr. narkoy^n to benumb, na`rkh numbness, torpor.]
The term narcotic originally referred medically to any psychoactive compound with any sleep-inducing properties. In the United States it has since become associated with opioids, commonly morphine and heroin and their derivatives, such as hydrocodone. The term is, today, imprecisely defined and typically has negative connotations. When used in a legal context in the U.S., a narcotic drug is simply one that is totally prohibited, or one that is used in violation of strict governmental regulation, such as heroin or morphine. From a pharmacological standpoint it is not a useful term, as is evidenced by the fact that spirit and wine are classified differently due to their intoxicating power; while the narcotic principle to opium and tobacco imparts similar properties. In popular language, alcohol is classed among the stimulants; and opium and tobacco among the narcotics; which are substances whose ultimate effect upon the animal system is to produce torpor and insensibility; but taken in small quantities they at first exhilarate. And since alcohol does the same, most medical writers, at the present day, class it among the narcotics.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
nar-kot′ik, adj. having power to produce torpor, sleep, or deadness.—n. a medicine producing sleep or stupor.—n. Narcō′sis, the stupefying effect of a narcotic.—adv. Narcot′ically.—n. Nar′cotine, one of the organic bases or alkaloids occurring in opium.—v.t. Nar′cotise.—n. Nar′cotism, the influence of narcotics, or the effects produced by their use. [Fr.,—Gr. narkē, torpor.]
The numerical value of narcotic in Chaldean Numerology is: 8
The numerical value of narcotic in Pythagorean Numerology is: 2
Aphorisms from awareness you leave this world in your thoughts, freedom increases the mental ugliness in the world, freedom plunges into the wild delusion of selfishness, freedom is the absence of self-control, all the horrors that you see in the world are the result of freedom, the chaos of the toy world, for the elite, freedom shows to what extent a person is vicious, to what extent he is ugly from his own egoism, gourmets of perversity turn madness into pleasure, Poetry Unusually divine, I want to kiss your lips every second, feel the skin is a heavenly pleasure, a juicy wave of excitement through the body, one kiss is sweeter than the other, I touch the very greatness, that is, your unattainable beauty, top ratings, ratings, trends, in my heart, mine libido breathes you, my erection writes poems about your beauty, the powerful energy of love in a kiss, the biocurrents of love, charge me with you, and fill me with the energy of love, when I touch you, you are heaven, you are the highest happiness, joy only when I feel you, your spirit becomes one with me, it’s hard to breathe and my soul groans with delight, pressure rises in the whole body from your beauty, you are a priceless real, narcotic piquant temptation, awakens the brutal lust of the stone age, kiss your lips, I will keep in my subconscious for thousands of years, subconsciously I will always I will look for you, you are the embodiment of the philosophy of love, my idea of \u200b\u200ba beautiful woman, your gaze of sex melts steel, all taste buds all over my body with sweet lust feel only you, you awaken the brutal appetite of passion, jokes Japanese toilets, it's harder to poop, take poop? Press ok. Yes. Are you sure? Yes. Your girlfriend's fat folds are also a blanket. Yesterday she went, now she has a happy face, she is in a wheelchair, just her boyfriend is a brutal sex machine. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich
The greatest analgesic, soporific, stimulant, tranquilizer, narcotic, and to some extent even antibiotic --in short, the closest thing to a genuine panacea --known to medical science is work.
[The FDA] adheres to strict tracking guidelines that would make it difficult for counterfeit drugs to show up in pharmacies, regardless of that fact, anybody who is prescribed a narcotic should be aware of the high addictive potential of these medications.
1. Sleep is the symbolism of the oracle performance, it shows the paradox of evil. 2. People are a race of egoists, and the deeper you plunge into the depths of philosophical reality, tearing apart its deceitful tissue of the film of eternity, your personality becomes exotic and alien. 3. Laziness is a dumbbell, turn your laziness and fears from fat into steel muscles of endurance, and strength of mind and inner core is bodybuilding. 4. 1. Reincarnation of a karmic centrifuge in which we cognize infinity. In a karmic time loop, which can only be broken by disinterested nobility. 2. The subconscious is pickled like the wine of philosophy, through quantum infinity, the tinctures of thoughts with each life become stronger and stronger 3. Quantum reincarnation of the subconscious as a vacuum of paradoxes of life experience. 5. The ruler of the world is manipulating your egoism, the benefit of your ego. 6. 1. Understanding the more complex, subtle and deep mysteries of life will prevent selfishness, since it is stagnation, limitations and banality of the mind. 2. Selfishness is a technocracy of an unstable matrix of logic, a psychological program of behavior, a bio chip of the herd instinct, that is, conformism, trends of fashionable whims of society are taking root. 3. Nobility is the immortality of humanity. 4. Classical and ethnic traditional music is a flight of catharsis, a flight of hope and a fall into the depths of reality, this is a rise to the heights of life on the wings of emotions and inner suffering of feelings, thin strings of philosophical feelings are poetic, refined grace, philosophical aesthetics 5. Smart people strive to be where there was a peak of high aesthetic insight. In this statistic of insight, which, due to selfishness, sinks to the bottom. The weak-willed people follow the crowd in step with the times, they are afraid to fight off the herd mentality of pop culture, which personifies self-doubt. 7. 1. Selfishness is a sect. Selfishness unites us, that is, it gains selfish supporters. 2. Life is a stupid movie that ends up idiotically. 3. Days are like dull dreams. 4. Karmic chaos is an educator and teacher of the evolution of a certain chrono dimension. 5. Bones as the tree of evolution as branches of thinking grow as many wheels in the tree will be. 8. 1. Desires are the karmic nostalgia of deja vu, eternal oblivion in endless time loops of the vicious childhood of illusions. 2. Cellular reality everything consists of small cells, each in its own cell, in which there is a smaller cell and so on to infinity, a prison, not reality, each in its own cell in its own space. Everyone is at the micro-cellular level of perfectionism, morally limited in their cells of egoism. 3. Healing insight heals our minds of stupidity that constantly flirts with death. 4. 1. A miner of truth amid the mud of platitudes, with a flashlight of intuition, seeks the treasures of the truth of the laws of life. 2. Techno-bio synthesis of genetic adaptation makes a person a vulnerable vessel for the symbiotic technologies. 3. Art is hedonism of catharsis gourmets, a buffet of cultural philosophy. 4. Money gives rise to synthetic feelings of hypocritical selfishness. 9. 1. Cellular reality everything consists of small cells, each in its own cell, in which there is a smaller cell and so on to infinity, a prison, not reality, each in its own cell in its own space. Everyone is at the micro-cellular level of perfectionism, morally limited in their cells of egoism. 2. Desires are the karmic nostalgia of deja vu, eternal oblivion in the endless time loops of the vicious childhood of illusions. 10. 1. Over time, you will understand that society is an inadequate ghetto, comic, cartoony, animals, vicious paradoxes, a monetary matrix of illusions. 2. The secret of success in humor: inadequacy can be ridiculed indefinitely, beaten with jokes from a comic awareness, mixed with a comic cartoon imagination. 3. Reality is the romance of endless emptiness, you will understand this when you are outside the matrix of childhood vices. 4. From awareness you get old. 11. 1. To love through a bunch of problems, through scandals and hatred and anger. Love is the only rational phenomenon. 2. Life is the sadness of the realization that you are really alone where there are many people. Alone, reality is seen sharper and clearer. All the details of the truth and true attitude are visible. 3. Loneliness is when even tears do not help wash away the awareness. 4. Sadness from loneliness is bottomless and you will know at the bottom a new world in which there is a different consciousness. Thinking is a navigator in the globe of various consciousnesses from awareness. 5. Understanding is a stethoscope of empathy in which the cry of the soul is heard. 6. To stop being afraid of loneliness is like to stop being afraid of the dark and death. Just acknowledge the infinity of life, that we are immortal in this eternity. Remove limited consciousness within life. 7. The city of the future is a continuous neural network of empathy for understanding, perhaps because of this, banality, the network from which people plunge deeper and deeper into dreams of selfishness and self-improvement. 12. 1. Man is a portrait of chaos. Genetic, philosophical adaptation, in the physiognomy of chaos. 2. Comfort makes people sexless. 3. Evil is a genetic problem of thinking instincts and vices. Consciousness evolves, the revolution of the subconscious and matures from the insight that deepens in the subconscious. 4. Testosterone, estrogen and dopamine are all hormonal optimism, with a decrease in hormones you become a realist, you merge with reality, the whole and eternity itself, the number of desires decreases and there is only one desire for the family. Youth is hormones, dreams and hopes. 5. The voice of the earth, the voice of the world in which we live, which recognizes our pain and our thoughts comprehends the philosophy of chaos through the stormy timing of time, how illusions like pheromones stupefy us and lead us into nothingness of emptiness. 6. Any illusion, like a whisper of empty hopes, human creations merge together with the eternity of the beauties of nature. The lies of illusions over time are all sophisticated and sophistication leads away from the essence of life. We do not feel the thin string of the philosophy of qi energy, the whisper of intuition, the whisper of conscience leading to an ideal world. 7. Infinity of life and sociology of immortality in the universal cycles of life of reincarnation. 13. 1. Without desires, you are dead, like a ghost that sees only reality. 2. It's amazing how we choose our own reality, which means that we want to live in an illusory lie or see only what we want to see in individual reality, denying the divine reality of nature. To live in an artificial reality of our vices and instincts. To squeeze bodily pleasures out of her when, as spiritual pleasures, as opposed to bodily pleasures, are eternal. We deny our lives by plunging into the illusion of emptiness. Lies from our illusory dreams become reality. Lying out of self-deception becomes our sight. 3. Life is a memory, it is memories, life is a recording on an energy tape, because life is in the past. 4. Life is not a body, but a soul, life is energy in emptiness. 5. Life consists of recording thoughts, from confusion and naivety. 6. Life goes through a karmic evolution of awareness, over and over again in retro deja vu recordings. Karmic incubator of evolution in one moment of life that you experience over and over again, you grow up when you want to take the side of goodness and light. 7. Life is karmic nostalgia. A karmic foodie looking for adventure. Life is the philosophical energy of a buffet of feelings and emotions. 8. Melanin and anthropological, genetic adaptation of philosophical culture, created the illusion of hierarchical aesthetics, external and internal obsession with perfectionism, animal ego of the Olympics, where envy and self-doubt creates a dead end in evolution. 14. 1. The ego is the paranoia of intuition. 2. The cocoon of the quantum biofield of philosophy, the aura of emotions and feelings translates from one dimension of thinking to another. 15. 1. Faith is the exoskeleton of success. 2. Selfishness creates abundance, which creates reality in the oblivion of nothingness. 3. The end of the world is a logical death from vicious, childish stupidity. 4. Everything turns into a technological formality, humanity into the politeness of hypocrisy, the technocracy of indifference, everything is the absolute emptiness of robotic consciousness. 5. The scenario of life is a scheme of life like a blueprint of a building, an abstraction of an illusory labyrinth of paradoxes, a space of dimensions of endless karmic confusion. 6. Life is a space of endless emptiness and illusions in it create an abundance of hallucinations and mirages of narcotic feelings of karmic cycles of déjà vu. 7. The way to the highest dimension of thinking is only through love. 8. 1. Life is a hypnosis of illusions. 2. A cry into emptiness, loneliness in the world of egoists, sensual suffering and emotional hell, from painful awareness, you die of awareness and resurrect differently, humility is like the death of a person in a straitjacket. 16. 1. The world is tearing to pieces from billions of egoists, for one joy of the crowd of scavengers of egoists. 2. Rumination of karmic thoughts in reincarnation drives you deeper and deeper into your mind. 3. Silence will turn you into a genius. 4. Amnesia of reincarnation is a karmic regeneration of nostalgia of feelings and emotions. 17. 1. Music of the senses, philosophy of music, you know in one word orgasm from you as if you did get a multi-orgasmic vibration of love that grows every second. Endless immersion in love, deeper and deeper in the subconscious, love intensifies and gives a powerful awareness. 2. The cyclical nature of the infinity of reincarnation and the wheel of samsara leads the matrix of illusions to the absolute madness of vicious childhood. 3. Hypocrisy is a parody of culture and diplomacy. 18. 1. All desires of materialism are meaningless because you will still turn into a toothless raisin. 2. A person who understands too much hears only tinnitus. 3. Karma needs chaos so that the power of karma never ends, therefore power is received by the unworthy. 4. A mixture of good and evil shows sincerity. 5. The rattle of insight. Fear is the umbilical cord of illusion. 6. Revenge is like gluttony, karma cholesterol rises. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich
The city would have to be sure it’s dotted all the legal i’s and crossed all the legal t’s before it gets into assisting the use of a narcotic.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for narcotic
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- ναρκωτικό, αναισθητικό, ναρκωτικόςGreek
- estupefaciente, narcóticoSpanish
- narkootiline, droog, narkootikum, uimasti, narko-Estonian
- huumausaine, unilääkeFinnish
- suainealachScottish Gaelic
- narcotic, narcoticăRomanian
- наркотик, наркотическийRussian
- knark, narkotika, narkotiskSwedish
Get even more translations for narcotic »
Find a translation for the narcotic definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)