musical, musical comedy, musical theateradjective
a play or film whose action and dialogue is interspersed with singing and dancing
characterized by or capable of producing music
"a musical evening"; "musical instruments"
talented in or devoted to music
"comes from a very musical family"
characteristic of or resembling or accompanied by music
"a musical speaking voice"; "a musical comedy"
melodious, melodic, musicaladjective
containing or constituting or characterized by pleasing melody
"the melodious song of a meadowlark"
A drama in which music and song are prominent features; a musical drama or musical play; as, Oklahoma! was a breakthrough in the form and popularity of the musical.
a stage performance, show or film which involves singing, dancing and musical numbers performed by the cast as well as acting.
Of or relating to music.
Gifted or skilled in music.
of or pertaining to music; having the qualities of music; or the power of producing music; devoted to music; melodious; harmonious; as, musical proportion; a musical voice; musical instruments; a musical sentence; musical persons
Etymology: [Cf. F. musical.]
Etymology: [Cf. F. musical.]
a social entertainment of which music is the leading feature; a musical party
Etymology: [Cf. F. musical.]
The musical film is a film genre in which songs sung by the characters are interwoven into the narrative, sometimes accompanied by dancing. The songs usually advance the plot or develop the film's characters, though in some cases they serve merely as breaks in the storyline, often as elaborate "production numbers". The musical film was a natural development of the stage musical after the emergence of sound film technology. Typically, the biggest difference between film and stage musicals is the use of lavish background scenery and locations that would be impractical in a theater. Musical films characteristically contain elements reminiscent of theater; performers often treat their song and dance numbers as if there is a live audience watching. In a sense, the viewer becomes the deictic audience, as the performer looks directly into the camera and performs to it.
The ability to create, dance, hear and move to music.
They had musical moments dancing together in each others arms.Submitted by MaryC on March 7, 2020
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'musical' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #3318
Rank popularity for the word 'musical' in Adjectives Frequency: #460
The numerical value of musical in Chaldean Numerology is: 3
The numerical value of musical in Pythagorean Numerology is: 6
We were just talking and fans were asking about new music and I just threw out maybe one of our musical friends is hearing this and will send us a song, literally, an hour later a song was in my phone via text, a music track, and I sat right there at the table and just started writing' House Party.'.
1. It's amazing how cramped our life is and perhaps more free after death. Our life is like this cramped aquarium. An empty life from within is transparent to the gods. Like a drop in the ocean. All non-living ones look at us like these fish. We are not able to lie because we can see through who we are and what we are. What we do every day and we have little space to live. We are limited by life itself in a small body. Our body is the aquarium of the soul. Limitations on our mind for truth for will. We cannot hide, we cannot hide. Our life is a portrait of current truth. Current revelations. We are locked in life, but someday we will be in space next to God. 2. A tired evening in it the heaviness and silence and calmness from the fact that we have lived the next day are felt. A street in which the epic landscape of life is visible. We are part of the mechanical world. Micro particles of microcircuit life. Programs living according to a certain algorithm. Life is a microsystem of fate. The truth about us is a projection that we are all ashamed of. We hide most of our lives under the guise of hypocrisy. Perhaps hypocrisy is not only selfishness, but also shame. We hide our imperfection, because we are entangled in ourselves. We did not understand this microcircuit of fate. Not resigned to what they should have understood. We are tired of life, but our microcircuit has not expired. Life is like this hard evening. 3. Life is a microchip in the subconscious, we act according to a certain scheme of the algorithm, which is called the rhythm of life. 4. Culture is a code of diplomacy. 5. people do not really see each other, they see their thoughts and goals. The universe of loneliness is expanding and people are moving away from each other because of their thoughts. 6. The city is so cold and mechanical, the society is like a complex techno machine that controls the flow of people. Directs the circulation of the stream of life to certain channels of destiny. Technology for managing desires through selfishness. 7. A dark city lit by a fog of serenity of thoughts. A city shrouded in secrets, a city that darkens with vices day and night. Hidden in the silence of illusion, the city is immersed in the sleep of unconsciousness. A city that moves into emptiness and truth is silent in it, the silence of egoism and the cry of the ego. The whole city is roaring in the void of nonsense. 8. Erotic hypnosis, I want to sing with delight, hypnotic delight and extraterrestrial euphoria of love feelings, I feel myself in the higher world of love and sentimental sensitivity of tenderness and erotic catharsis of the highest art of beauty of your body, epic romance of euphoria in my heart at the sight of you. Manipulating beauty of your body. Sentimentally I caress you with words and the magic of charm struck me, magnetically beautiful in my thoughts my heart and mind poeticize your beauty every passing second unforgettable nostalgia my libido sings your beauty in my eyes you are more beautiful billions of times testosterone writes endless lovingly erotic poems, my loins scream about you, my subconscious is praying for you, my unconsciousness leads to you, my consciousness is obsessed with you. 9. Super beautiful, dumb delight, orgasm of catharsis, I meditate on your beauty. Feelings are like a hot groan of delight, you are oblivion. Your beauty is a hype of life, with you every second is priceless, beauty of the highest standard, countless carats of aesthetics, you consist of countless compliments, you are a juicy paradise fruit. 10. Ego prostheses are pumped with botex, silicone and synthol. 11. Sooner or later we will become ghosts, we will become history and our memory will turn into retro nostalgia. We plunge into the oblivion of oblivion. And the seconds passing through the fingers are drowned in the amnesia of eternity. The more selfish the world becomes, the more commonplace it becomes. A philosophical look through the emptiness of eternity. An abundance of thoughts satisfies the hunger for misunderstanding. We will become transparent ghosts and the world will become transparent to realists and pessimists. Looking into the future, we see spoiled, blind egoists. Truth meditation in which subtle details are visible. In a reality in which the pus of selfishness oozes. 12. Wild fire of passion of the epic of love, meow with delight, purring sensuality. Musical poetry of feelings, compliments fly out by themselves, I am drawn to you ballistic, instinctively, I see only you on the radar of love, my sonar of deep love, I love you stubbornly, aggressive rock fire of passion in me, rhythmic rap of the beat of my heart in so with yours ... The musical energy of endless love. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich
We thought that neuroticism would have likely gone one of two ways, either preferring sad music to express their loneliness or preferring upbeat music to shift their mood. Actually, on average, they seem to prefer more intense musical styles, which perhaps reflects inner angst and frustration, that was surprising but people use music in different ways -- some might use it for catharsis, others to change their mood. We'll be looking into that in more detail.
Hell is full of musical amateurs: music is the brandy of the damned.
I am so excited to be a part of this iconic British legacy and join an incredible line up of some of my biggest musical inspirations. . I hope Tom Jones all enjoy the song as much as I enjoyed making it, spectre.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for musical
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- musicalCatalan, Valencian
- sioe gerddWelsh
- musikal, musicalDanish
- μιούζικαλ, μουσικόςGreek
- muzikema, muzikaEsperanto
- musikaali, musikaalinen, musiikillinen, melodinen, sointuva, musiikkiFinnish
- comédie musicaleFrench
- ceoldráma, ceolmharIrish
- 音楽的な, ミュージカルの, ミュージカルJapanese
- musical, muzikaalDutch
- musikalNorwegian Nynorsk
- melodioso, musical, musicista, melódicoPortuguese
- музыкальный, мюзиклRussian
- mjuzikl, glazbenski, glazbenikSerbo-Croatian
- glasben, muzikálen, mjuzikl, muzikalSlovene
- melodisk, välljudande, musikalisk, musikalfilm, musik-, musikalSwedish
- музичний, м'юзиклUkrainian
- âm nhạcVietnamese
- מוזיקאַלישער ספּעקטאַקל, מיוזיקלYiddish
Get even more translations for musical »
Find a translation for the musical definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)