Definitions for luxurious
lʌgˈʒʊər i əs, lʌkˈʃʊər-lux·u·ri·ous
Here are all the possible meanings and translations of the word luxurious.
epicurean, luxurious, luxuriant, sybaritic, voluptuary, voluptuousadjective
displaying luxury and furnishing gratification to the senses
"an epicurean banquet"; "enjoyed a luxurious suite with a crystal chandelier and thick oriental rugs"; "Lucullus spent the remainder of his days in voluptuous magnificence"; "a chinchilla robe of sybaritic lavishness"
deluxe, gilded, grand, luxurious, opulent, princely, sumptuousadjective
rich and superior in quality
"a princely sum"; "gilded dining rooms"
Enjoying pleasures of luxury.
Being very fine and comfortable.
Etymology: luxurieux, from luxuriosus, from luxuria, from luxus.
Samuel Johnson's Dictionary
Etymology: luxurieux, Fr. luxuriosus, Latin.
The luxurious board. Anon.
She knows the heat of a luxurious bed:
Her blush is guiltiness, not modesty. William Shakespeare.
I grant him bloody,
Luxurious, avaricious, false, deceitful. William Shakespeare.
Those whom last thou saw’st
In triumph, and luxurious wealth, are they
First seen in acts of prowess eminent,
And great exploits; but of true virtue void. John Milton.
Luxurious cities, where the noise
Of riot ascends above their loftiest tow’rs. John Milton.
Repel the Tuscan foes, their city seize,
Protect the Latians in luxurious ease. Dryden.
Till more hands
Aid us, the work under our labour grows
Luxurious by restraint. John Milton, Par. Lost, b. ix.
of or pertaining to luxury; ministering to luxury; supplied with the conditions of luxury; as, a luxurious life; a luxurious table; luxurious ease
Etymology: [L. luxuriosus: cf. F. luxurieux. See Luxury.]
"Luxurious" is song by American recording artist Gwen Stefani from her debut solo album, Love. Angel. Music. Baby.. Written by Stefani and Tony Kanal, the track contains a sample of The Isley Brothers' 1983 song "Between the Sheets". In addition to the Isley Brothers sample, the song features use of keyboards, synthesizers, and electric guitars. The song is a slow jam love song whose lyrics describe the persona's desire to be rich in love, simultaneously comparing her lover with luxuries. The song also features Stefani's husband Gavin Rossdale who opens the song in French. The song was released as the album's fifth single in late 2005 along with a remix. A music video featuring rapper Slim Thug was also released which featured the Harajuku Girls as well. The track received mixed reviews from critics, who generally found the track less impressive than the previous singles. It entered the top forty worldwide but had mediocre success overall and was less popular than the previous singles from L.A.M.B.
The numerical value of luxurious in Chaldean Numerology is: 3
The numerical value of luxurious in Pythagorean Numerology is: 7
One who enjoys own luxurious lifestyle by being idle but bumptiously loves to preach others about the importance of hard work through lengthy, empty speech publicly, is the most ideal person to be in politics.
Poor people PLEAD usually to fulfill their basic need, lower middle income mass mostly to feed themselves with the costly food, higher middle economic class normally to lead a luxurious lifestyle and the rich only to satiate own selfishness & greed indeed.
Upgrading their vehicles and meet the luxurious taste of consumers is more important than complaining about non-tariff barriers.
1. Form yourself Body like children's plasticine, become such a man so that girls and women have a natural fire between their legs, so that trousers are on fire with excitement. The same applies to girls, the more your shape, that is, the bait you are more likely to get married. 2. Cybernetics of etiquette The danger is that the robotization of the formal hypocrisy of the selfish world is developing. The cybernetics of selfish etiquette, where one will unlearn compassion and even cry, everyone will only smile politely while committing an unconscious sin that is the result of hopeless despair. 3. Around you there are a lot of ironic gifts in which there may be a hypocritical sarcasm of approval. Gifts of Fate and they all tick and only a few of them will not explode and cripple you. Be sure to save those that talk about your family and children. 4. Wild anger enveloped in chains of patience, red-hot with the fire of rage. Abstinence is the highest human feeling. You must live a life without anger, shackling him in the arms of nobility and love, and then the hellish flame of anger will turn into a steel of peace. Anger is painful because it is a delusion devoid of any sense of justice, it does not give you respect or a sense of satisfaction from justice, only a contemptible shame in front of higher powers. Anger is an unnecessary feeling of the mind and heart, it is a fire that burns the soul and defiles memory. Anger is the product of new grievances, dramas, and tragedies. Live only one life without anger, and the vicious circle of self-deception, the wheel of samsara and reincarnation of déjà vu, the whole life as an inadequate sleep will stop, and you will wake up in paradise, the same life will stop repeating itself. 5. Cyber Animatronics In all this cyber illusion of the human world, the animatronic work ethic needs to be lubricated with the machine oil of the humanity of empathy. 6. Your self-deception and selfishness Beat to death only a few enemies, laziness because of which you will become poor, fear giving problems (beat the problem, not people) and your own selfishness, because of which you will be lonely. And your most important enemy, the boss of all your problems and sorrows because of which you live in the illusions of deception - it is your self-deception because of him, you do not see the truth and the light of holiness of spirit, their death will give you happiness. 7. Fear is your shadow, the sun reflects in it all your instincts in which vices and inner flaws are hidden. Fear is a confirmation that you are alive, since the dead do not have a shadow, some after death themselves turn into a shadow. 8. Relationships are children's play tea. 9. Chaste modesty in modern society is the pestis of a hypocritical girl in an erotic costume of an angel with a trident of a devil as a symbol of bitchiness. 10. For higher powers, feelings are not important, only a reaction. 11. Loneliness is an oppressive silence, plunging into the depths of reality and the words are just noise. 12. Be against any kind of smoking, because the smoker smokes and exhales cigarette smoke. This smoke from his rotten lungs, spoiled body, harmful bacteria, all this nasty dirt in the smoke goes into your nose and mouth. If you value your health, then be against smoking 13. The smile of awareness gives sexual pleasure from your own laughter - this is an epiphany orgasm. 14. Self-deception catches your joke by grabbing your hand, the joke of which you wanted to hit someone and half of your life beats you half to death with your own joke, but this is the irony of karma. 15. All people are diamonds, but they do not cleanse themselves of the dirt of laziness, without striving for perfection, they do not want to make themselves a filigree cut to see new facets of possibilities. 16. Look at these two smiling freaks, they are your laziness and fear, they are the sixes of your egoism, while egoism submits to self-deception. Because of them, you are at the bottom of your life. Take two brass knuckles: will and courage, beat them, but kill them, I feel how you get pleasure from this, you see that you are becoming richer. Kill them because only they pull you to the bottom. 17. When the powerful bass of anger sounds, everyone is deaf in their eyes, the darkness of selfishness, and their eyes reflect drama, and maybe tragedy, but later comes realization along with crying laughter of regret. 18. Potential is a lunar eclipse when it overshadows all envious shadows. 19. Looking like a lot of playful toys called chattering teeth in the basement of mankind's thinking, this place is the abode of envy. 20. History hides the sins of selfishness under new theories. 21. Time accumulates ghosts Time accumulates ghosts, over time they can become so many that they will become a separate people and the living and the dead will live together as one people. 22. Faithful loving girls are the most gorgeous and luxurious they are priceless. 23. Psychology is stereotyped Psychology thinks very stereotypically, you cannot fully rely on it, since it is almost impossible to calculate the code of behavior or the pattern of its actions. Since a person is unpredictable even for himself. 24. Compliment girls more often Compliments are like an erotic massage of the soul and nerves for a girl. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich
I can barely picture what New York will look like in 2045, could it be like the worst version of Hill Valley, with some people living in luxurious penthouses and others cramped in on the edge of town and just not given enough?
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for luxurious
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- luxós, luxuriósCatalan, Valencian
- luxueux, de luxeFrench
- sòghailScottish Gaelic
- lussuoso, lussuriosoItalian
- luksuriøsNorwegian Nynorsk
- luksusowa, luksusowyPolish
- sang trọngVietnamese
Get even more translations for luxurious »
Find a translation for the luxurious definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)