Definitions for keyboard
Here are all the possible meanings and translations of the word keyboard.
device consisting of a set of keys on a piano or organ or typewriter or typesetting machine or computer or the like
holder consisting of an arrangement of hooks on which keys or locks can be hung
A set of keys used to operate a typewriter, computer etc.
A component of many instruments including the piano, organ, and harpsichord consisting of usually black and white keys that cause different tones to be produced when struck.
A device with keys of a musical keyboard, used to control electronic sound-producing devices which may be built into or separate from the keyboard device.
To type on a computer keyboard.
Keyboarding is the part of this job I hate the most.
the whole arrangement, or one range, of the keys of an organ, typewriter, etc
A keyboard instrument is a musical instrument played using a keyboard. The most common of these is the piano. Some other types of keyboard instruments include celestas, which are struck idiophones operated by a keyboard, carillons, which are highly different instruments made by man-kind that are usually housed in bell towers or belfries of churches or other municipal buildings, and other non-acoustic instruments, such as various electronic organs, synthesizers, and keyboards designed to imitate the sound of other musical sounds. Today, the term "keyboard" is mostly commonly used to refer to keyboard-style synthesizers. Under the fingers of a sensitive performer, the keyboard may also be used to control dynamics, phrasing, shading, articulation, and other elements of expression, depending on the design and inherent capabilities of the instrument.
A type of device and product.
Computer keyboards are a very important part of the computer system.
Submitted by MaryC on February 29, 2020
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'keyboard' in Nouns Frequency: #2790
The numerical value of keyboard in Chaldean Numerology is: 6
The numerical value of keyboard in Pythagorean Numerology is: 9
Keith was a gentle soul whose love for music and passion for his performance as a keyboard player will remain unmatched for many years to come, he was a pioneer and an innovator whose musical genius touched all of us in the worlds of rock, classical and jazz.
WARNING Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue.
Smash forehead on keyboard to continue.
My computer displayed the surprising and at least disconcerting following message: "Error. No keyboard. Press F1 to continue!"
Learn to revel in the unalloyed loveliness of receiving attention—to do this, you may have to leave your computer keyboard and invite it.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for keyboard
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- لوحة مفاتيحArabic
- клавиатура, набирамBulgarian
- teclat, teclejarCatalan, Valencian
- klávesnice, klaviatura, klávesyCzech
- Tastatur, Klaviatur, Manual, KeyboardGerman
- πληκτρολογώ, πληκτρογραφώ, πληκτρολόγιο, κλαβιέGreek
- teclado, teclearSpanish
- صفحه کلید, کیبورد, کلاویهPersian
- naputella, koskettimet, kirjoittaa, näppäillä, koskettimisto, sormio, näpytellä, näppäimistö, naputtaaFinnish
- clavier, clavier électroniqueFrench
- eochairchlár, méarchlár, luibheanchlárIrish
- meur-chlàrScottish Gaelic
- מקלדת, קלידיםHebrew
- klavyeHaitian Creole
- klaviatúra, billentyűzetHungarian
- papan tombol, papan ketikIndonesian
- hljómborð, leturborð, hnappaborð, lyklaborðIcelandic
- tastiera, digitareItalian
- 鍵盤, キーボードJapanese
- 글쇠판, 건반, 자판, 키보드Korean
- чука, клавијатура, тастатура, типка, синтисајзерMacedonian
- papan kekunciMalay
- keyboard, toetsenbord, klavierDutch
- klaviatur, tastatur, keyboard, elektronisk orgelNorwegian
- teclado, teclarPortuguese
- claviatură, tastaturăRomanian
- типковница, električni klavir, тастатура, tipkovnica, tastatura, електрични клавирSerbo-Croatian
- klaviatúra, klávesnicaSlovak
- tipkovnica, klaviaturaSlovene
- klaviatur, keyboard, tangentbordSwedish
- bàn phímVietnamese
Get even more translations for keyboard »
Find a translation for the keyboard definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Word of the Day
Would you like us to send you a FREE new word definition delivered to your inbox daily?
Discuss these keyboard definitions with the community:
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"keyboard." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 31 Jan. 2023. <https://www.definitions.net/definition/keyboard>.