Definitions for journalist
ˈdʒɜr nl ɪstjour·nal·ist
Here are all the possible meanings and translations of the word journalist.
a writer for newspapers and magazines
diarist, diary keeper, journalistnoun
someone who keeps a diary or journal
One whose occupation is to write for any of the public news media, such as newspapers, magazines, radio, television, or internet; also, an editorial or other professional writer for a periodical.
The keeper of a person journal, who writes in it regularly
One whose occupation or is journalism, originally only writing in the printed press.
A reporter, who professionally does living reporting on news and current events.
A journalist is an individual that collects/gathers information in form of text, audio or pictures, processes them to a news-worthy form and disseminates it to the public. The act or process mainly done by the journalist is called journalism.
one who keeps a journal or diary
the conductor of a public journal, or one whose business it to write for a public journal; an editorial or other professional writer for a periodical
Etymology: [Cf. F. journaliste.]
A journalist collects, writes, and distributes news and other information. A journalist's work is referred to as journalism.
The Roycroft Dictionary
A newspaperman out of a job.
Song lyrics by journalist -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by journalist on the Lyrics.com website.
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'journalist' in Nouns Frequency: #1326
The numerical value of journalist in Chaldean Numerology is: 6
The numerical value of journalist in Pythagorean Numerology is: 4
This is not just about this journalist being killed, it's about the war in Yemen where tens of thousands of civilians are being killed, it's about them spreading hatred of Christians and Jews and Hindus throughout the world.
I feel like sh-t as a leader and a journalist not answering questions that I’d haveSarah Huckabee Sandersanswer, the cryptic Times memohas driven speculation inside the newsroom over what precipitated the investigation. And the lack of transparency is also striking given the Times has aggressively covered workplace matters.
If one is a journalist, it's all about the messaging. If one is a pragmatist, it's all about the marketing. If one is a voter, it's all about the results!
The making of a journalist: no ideas and the ability to express them.
My theory on it is the typical journalist thing. Follow the money, where there are diseases with treatments that can create huge earning capabilities -- whether it be for medical professionals or the pharmaceutical industry -- you're going to see a lot of money being spent on those diseases.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for journalist
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- مراسل, صحافيArabic
- qəzetçi, jurnalistAzerbaijani
- журналістка, журналістBelarusian
- журналист, журналисткаBulgarian
- periodistaCatalan, Valencian
- novinář, novinářka, žurnalistaCzech
- Reporterin, Journalistin, Reporter, JournalistGerman
- δημοσιογράφος, ημερολογιογράφοςGreek
- gazetisto, gazetistino, ĵurnalistoEsperanto
- periodista, reporteroSpanish
- ژورنالیست, روزنامهنگارPersian
- toimittaja, reportteri, journalisti, lehtimiesFinnish
- naidheachdair, neach-naidheachdScottish Gaelic
- periodista, xornalistaGalician
- עיתונאית, עיתונאיHebrew
- jounalisHaitian Creole
- լրագրող, թղթակիցArmenian
- reporter, giornalistaItalian
- 記者, ジャーナリスト, 報告者, リポーターJapanese
- 記者, 기자Korean
- новинар, новинаркаMacedonian
- journalfører, rulleførerNorwegian
- verslaggever, journalist, dagboekschrijver, reporterDutch
- journalførarNorwegian Nynorsk
- reporter, journalistNorwegian
- dziennikarz, dziennikarkaPolish
- repórter, jornalista, periodistaPortuguese
- gazetar, ziaristRomanian
- корреспондентка, репортёрша, журналистка, корреспондент, репортёр, журналистRussian
- izveštač, новинарка, novinarka, извештач, дописник, новинар, novinar, дописница, dopisnik, dopisnicaSerbo-Croatian
- novinárka, novinárSlovak
- novinar, novinarkaSlovene
- журналістка, журналістUkrainian
- اخبار نویسUrdu
- ký giả, 記者, nhà báoVietnamese
Get even more translations for journalist »
Find a translation for the journalist definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Word of the Day
Would you like us to send you a FREE new word definition delivered to your inbox daily?
Discuss these journalist definitions with the community:
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"journalist." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 6 Feb. 2023. <https://www.definitions.net/definition/journalist>.