not firm or firmly fixed; likely to fail or give way
"the hinge is insecure"
lacking in security or safety
"his fortune was increasingly insecure"; "an insecure future"
lacking self-confidence or assurance
"an insecure person lacking mental stability"
not safe from attack
Not comfortable or confident in oneself or in certain situations.
He's a nice guy and all, but seems to be rather insecure around other people.
not secure; not confident of safety or permanence; distrustful; suspicious; apprehensive of danger or loss
not effectually guarded, protected, or sustained; unsafe; unstable; exposed to danger or loss
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
in-se-kūr′, adj. apprehensive of danger or loss: exposed to danger or loss: uncertain.—adv. Insecure′ly.—n. Insecur′ity.
Military Dictionary and Gazetteer
Not effectually guarded or protected; unsafe; exposed to danger or loss.
The numerical value of insecure in Chaldean Numerology is: 3
The numerical value of insecure in Pythagorean Numerology is: 4
Back when I was still on the soap, I became incredibly insecure and full of anxiety because I didn't know if I was any good. I spent years being angsty, constantly telling people I wasn't just part of a soap opera, that I was a real artist, and I remember Luke sort of snapping, telling me to shut up, that he was sick of hearing it.
He's not the strong horse. He's insecure and he's weak.
1. Vanity and pride are insecure, insecure animals, like a parrot who is married to the reflection in the mirror. 2. In religion, if you use religion to get to heaven, it is hypocrisy and greed. If you accept the philosophy of religion as the meaning of life, it means that you want to help yourself become better for yourself first of all. Move to a higher level of thinking. The highest level of thinking is spiritual, this is the highest dimension of reality. 3. Creepy toys of the subconscious are paradoxes of fear due to abstract egoism. The ladder of social status is made of fear and despair and inferiority complexes. All you see around you is despair. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich
I remember praying and saying, God, I think you chose the wrong person. This makes me nervous. This makes me insecure. This is not something Im thriving in, the Lord said something so sweet to my heart. I just felt like God was saying, Im not calling you to be this perfect person. Im actually just calling you to be a sister and a friend to those who dont have a sister and a friend.
Know that whether or not we reach a nuclear agreement, Israel becomes more insecure day by day.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for insecure
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- insegurCatalan, Valencian
- usikker, utrygDanish
- turvaton, epäluotettava, epävarmaFinnish
- inquiet, inconfortableFrench
- anksyeuHaitian Creole
- malsicuro, insicuroItalian
- pānekeneke, tītengiMāori
- niepewny, niebezpiecznyPolish
- опа́сный, небезопа́сный, неуве́ренный, ненадёжныйRussian
- tehlikede, güvensiz, emniyetsizTurkish
Get even more translations for insecure »
Find a translation for the insecure definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)