instrumentation (a piece of equipment or tool) used to effect an end
apply in a manner consistent with its purpose or design
"implement a procedure"
enforce, implement, apply(verb)
ensure observance of laws and rules
"Apply the rules to everyone";
follow through, follow up, follow out, carry out, implement, put through, go through(verb)
pursue to a conclusion or bring to a successful issue
"Did he go through with the treatment?"; "He implemented a new economic plan"; "She followed up his recommendations with a written proposal"
that which fulfills or supplies a want or use; esp., an instrument, toll, or utensil, as supplying a requisite to an end; as, the implements of trade, of husbandry, or of war
to accomplish; to fulfill
to provide with an implement or implements; to cause to be fulfilled, satisfied, or carried out, by means of an implement or implements
to fulfill or perform, as a contract or an engagement
Origin: [LL. implementum accomplishment, fr. L. implere, impletum, to fill up, finish, complete; pref. im- in + plere to fill. The word was perh. confused with OF. empleier, emploier, to employ, F. employer, whence E. employ. See Plenty.]
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
im′ple-ment, n. a tool or instrument of labour.—v.t. to give effect to: to fulfil or perform.—adj. Implemen′tal, acting as an implement.—n. Implē′tion, a filling: the state of being full. [Low L. implementum—L. im-plēre, to fill.]
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'implement' in Verbs Frequency: #465
The numerical value of implement in Chaldean Numerology is: 3
The numerical value of implement in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
We have to see how we are going to implement things.
KeyPoint has worked closely with OPM to implement additional security controls.
You also have to implement confidence-building measures as the U.S. did in Europe.
Rule three hundred of obscure leadership if it's your idea, you get to implement it.
We will be prepared to implement this fully as soon as the legal issues get resolved.
Images & Illustrations of implement
Translations for implement
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- نفذ, حقق, نجز, تنفيذArabic
- выко́нваць, вы́канацьBelarusian
- umsetzen, ausführen, durchführen, erfüllen, vollziehen, implementierenGerman
- herramienta, implementar, implemento, instrumentoSpanish
- riist, teostamaEstonian
- اجرا کردنPersian
- työkalu, toteuttaa, apuväline, panna toimeen, välineFinnish
- appliquer, instrument, exécuter, établirFrench
- cuir an gnìomhScottish Gaelic
- כלי, כליםHebrew
- végrehajt, megvalósítHungarian
- utensilo, realigar, instrumento, implementoIdo
- implementare, attrezzo, mettere in pratica, utensile, arnese, attuareItalian
- 実現する, 道具, 実行するJapanese
- alet, alav, bi cih kirin, ئاڵات, bi cih anîn, amûr, hacet, haletKurdish
- hulpmiddel, toepassen, uitwerken, gereedschap, implementerenDutch
- reiskapNorwegian Nynorsk
- implemento, ferramenta, implementar, instrumentoPortuguese
- средство, реализовывать, инструмент, осуществлять, орудие, претворять в жизнь, прибор, выполнятьRussian
- instrument, sredstvo, ostvariti, implementirati, realizirati, oruđeSerbo-Croatian
- redskap, implementeraSwedish
Get even more translations for implement »
Find a translation for the implement definition in other languages:
Select another language: