Definitions for honeymoon
Here are all the possible meanings and translations of the word honeymoon.
a holiday taken by a newly married couple
the early (usually calm and harmonious) period of a relationship; business or political
spend a holiday after one's marriage
"they plan to honeymoon in Hawai'i"
A vacation taken together by a newly married couple, usually including a trip away from home.
The period of time immediately following a marriage.
A trip taken by a newly married couple during this period.
A period of unusually mild feelings, especially immediately following the start of a new term or relationship (e.g. a newly elected politician or a new business arrangement).
Now that the honeymoon is over, it's time for us to get down to the business at hand.
To have a honeymoon (a trip taken by a couple after wedding).
My parents honeymooned at Niagara falls.
Etymology: Disputed. Theories (in order of likelihood):
the first month after marriage
A honeymoon is the traditional holiday taken by newlyweds to celebrate their marriage in intimacy and seclusion. Today, honeymoons by Westerners are celebrated somewhere exotic or otherwise considered romantic.
The Roycroft Dictionary
1. A happiness not quite worn out. 2. A postlude to a wedding-march and a prelude to a funeral ditto. _E. g._, "I did not drive Adam and Eve out of Eden because they ate my pet pippin, but because they insisted on carrying on their honeymoon before the modest animals."--From _The Private Journal of Démiurge_.
Etymology and Origins
From the custom of the Scandinavians, who drank Hydromel, or diluted honey, for thirty days after a marriage feast.
The numerical value of honeymoon in Chaldean Numerology is: 1
The numerical value of honeymoon in Pythagorean Numerology is: 7
While Delhi is not very significant in electoral terms, a BJP loss there shatters the popular narrative around the BJP’s invincibility, a loss in Delhi certainly signals an end to Modi’s honeymoon. Furthermore, because it is the capital city, an opposition government, especially one led by the confrontational AAP, would be a constant thorn in the Modi government’s side.
It takes a while. A true relationship is built over time, on' Supernatural,' we went through deaths and births and marriages and divorces... and heartbreak and the honeymoon phase of falling in love -- [ and ] not just us. We both started dating our wives that are now the mothers of our kids during the show.
We now have a president who talks like a centrist but is governing from the far left, and we’re not going to just be able to sit around here in a honeymoon period and watch these things happen.
At that point, very little is off the map, and getting the 24 seats we need to take back the House is suddenly a real possibility, GOP gerrymander or not, it also potentially puts the Senate in play, while certainly protecting our endangered red-state incumbents. All of this, and we're still in Trump's supposed 'honeymoon' period.
Temer may have a honeymoon, but let's not forget this was a shotgun wedding, reforms aren't easy at the best of times and these are for sure not the easiest.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for honeymoon
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- شهر عسلArabic
- мядо́вы ме́сяцBelarusian
- ме́ден ме́сецBulgarian
- lluna de melCatalan, Valencian
- líbánky, svatební cestaCzech
- mis mêlWelsh
- hvedebrødsdage, bryllupsrejseDanish
- Flitterwochen, HochzeitsreiseGerman
- μήνας του μέλιτοςGreek
- miela monatoEsperanto
- viaje de novios, luna de mielSpanish
- pulmareis, mesinädaladEstonian
- ezkon bidaiaBasque
- ماه عسلPersian
- kuherruskuukausi, häämatkaFinnish
- brúdleypsferð, fyrsta hjúnalagstíðin, hunangsmánaðurFaroese
- lune de miel, voyage de nocesFrench
- mìos nam pògScottish Gaelic
- सुहाग रातHindi
- mézeshetek, nászútHungarian
- brúðkaupsferð, hveitibrauðsdagarIcelandic
- luna di miele, viaggio di nozzeItalian
- 新婚旅行, 蜜月, ハネムーンJapanese
- 신혼여행, 밀월Korean
- medus mēnesisLatvian
- ме́ден ме́сец, свадбено патувањеMacedonian
- wittebroodsweken, huwelijksreisDutch
- hvetebrødsdager, bryllupsreiseNorwegian
- miesiąc miodowyPolish
- lua de melPortuguese
- сва́дебное путеше́ствие, медо́вый ме́сяцRussian
- медо́вий мі́сяцьUkrainian
- tuần trăng mậtVietnamese
- primagloramuls, primagloravigs, matedatävVolapük
Get even more translations for honeymoon »
Find a translation for the honeymoon definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Word of the Day
Would you like us to send you a FREE new word definition delivered to your inbox daily?
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"honeymoon." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 8 Feb. 2023. <https://www.definitions.net/definition/honeymoon>.