homework, prep, preparation(noun)
preparatory school work done outside school (especially at home)
Paid work done at home, especially piecework.
Work that is done at home, especially school exercises set by a teacher.
You must do your homework before you can watch television.
Preliminary or preparatory work, such as research.
The speaker had certainly done his homework before delivering the lecture.
Homework, or homework assignment, refers to tasks assigned to students by their teachers to be completed outside of class. Common homework assignments may include a quantity or period of reading to be performed, writing or typing to be completed, problems to be solved, a school project to be built, or other skills to be practiced.
British National Corpus
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'homework' in Written Corpus Frequency: #2123
How to say homework in sign language?
The numerical value of homework in Chaldean Numerology is: 2
The numerical value of homework in Pythagorean Numerology is: 9
Examples of homework in a Sentence
They have done their homework and they understand it.
He doesn't always do his homework on a European level.
A genius is just a talented person who does his homework.
We do look at it as enough. We did a lot of homework on this.
Kru Ice is very nice, but if you are late with homework he will scold you.
Images & Illustrations of homework
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for homework
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- واجب, واجب منزليArabic
- ха́тняя пра́ца, ха́тняе зада́ннеBelarusian
- дома́шна рабо́таBulgarian
- deuresCatalan, Valencian
- domácí úkoly, domácí úkolCzech
- lektier, hjemmearbejdeDanish
- tarea, deberesSpanish
- مشق شبPersian
- kotiläksyt, kotitehtävä, valmistautuminen, läksytFinnish
- עבודרת ביתHebrew
- házi feladatHungarian
- տնային աշխատանք, դասArmenian
- pekerjaan rumahIndonesian
- 숙제, 宿題Korean
- namų darbaiLithuanian
- ħomwerk, xogħol għad-darMaltese
- huistaak, huiswerkDutch
- hjemmelekse, lekseNorwegian
- ółtaʼí hooghandi yinidoolnishígííNavajo, Navaho
- praca domowa, zadanie domowePolish
- tarefa, lição de casa, tarefa de casa, dever de casaPortuguese
- иссле́дование, дома́шнее зада́ние, подготови́тельная рабо́та, дома́шняя рабо́таRussian
- домаћа задаћа, домаћи рад, domaći rad, domaća zadaća, domaći uradakSerbo-Croatian
- domáca úlohaSlovak
- hemläxa, hemuppgift, läxaSwedish
- ödev, ev ödeviTurkish
- تاپشۇرۇقUyghur, Uighur
- дома́шнє завда́ння, дома́шня робо́таUkrainian
Get even more translations for homework »
Find a translation for the homework definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Український (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)