"the frightened child cowered in the corner"; "too shocked and scared to move"
panicky, panicked, panic-stricken, panic-struck, terrified, frightened(adj)
thrown into a state of intense fear or desperation
"became panicky as the snow deepened"; "felt panicked before each exam"; "trying to keep back the panic-stricken crowd"; "the terrified horse bolted"
afraid; suffering from fear.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'frightened' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #4654
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'frightened' in Written Corpus Frequency: #2613
Rank popularity for the word 'frightened' in Adjectives Frequency: #589
The numerical value of frightened in Chaldean Numerology is: 6
The numerical value of frightened in Pythagorean Numerology is: 6
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
If I really was frightened, I'd probably leave, but I'm not.
He's scared to get on the phone with me, he's so frightened.
I'm always frightened. I take the bills out in a store aisle.
I don't want him to be frightened to go back to school tomorrow.
We thought women were easily frightened, but that view has changed.
Images & Illustrations of frightened
Translations for frightened
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- atemoritCatalan, Valencian
- vystrašený, vyděšenýCzech
- furchtsam, erschrockenGerman
- peloissaan, kauhuissaanFinnish
- apeuré, effrayéFrench
- spaurito, allarmatoItalian
- pavefactus, timefactus, exterritus, proterritus, pallidus, formīdulōsus, perterritus, gelātus, territus, excītusLatin
- baangLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- bangelijk, lafhartigDutch
- assustado, assombrado, amedrontadoPortuguese
- speriat, temătorRomanian
Get even more translations for frightened »
Find a translation for the frightened definition in other languages:
Select another language: