after an unspecified period of time or an especially long delay
ultimately, finally, in the end, at last, at long last(adverb)
as the end result of a succession or process
"ultimately he had to give in"; "at long last the winter was over"
last, lastly, in conclusion, finally(adverb)
the item at the end
"last, I'll discuss family values"
At the end or conclusion; ultimately.
The contest was long, but the Romans finally conquered.
To finish (with); lastly.
Finally, I washed my dog.
The question of his long-term success has now been finally settled.
at the end or conclusion; ultimately; lastly; as, the contest was long, but the Romans finally conquered
completely; beyond recovery
"Finally" is a 1991 song by the musician CeCe Peniston. A dance mix of this song was made, and this remixed version was used in many dance music compilations. "Finally" became Peniston's first hit song, peaking at number five on the US Hot 100 in January 1992 and becoming her only U.S. top-ten hit to date. Prior to that, it was also successful on the US Dance chart, where it spent two weeks at number one in late 1991. In addition, the song peaked at number two on the UK Singles Chart in a remixed version. The song features in the 1998 film Bimboland produced by Ariel Zeitoun. The 7-inch Choice Mix was used in the 1993 film The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert and featured on its soundtrack album. The song is also featured in the stage musical based on the film. For her ninth tour Showgirl: The Homecoming Tour that resumed on November 11, 2006 at Sydney Entertainment Centre, Kylie Minogue used elements of Peniston's song when performing her 2000 comeback single "Spinning Around", co-written by Paula Abdul. In November 2009, pop musician Lady Gaga used excerpts of "Finally" for the opening of The Monster Ball Tour in her song "Dance in the Dark".
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'finally' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #750
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'finally' in Written Corpus Frequency: #1432
Rank popularity for the word 'finally' in Adverbs Frequency: #86
The numerical value of finally in Chaldean Numerology is: 4
The numerical value of finally in Pythagorean Numerology is: 7
1. Seeing you finally smile at the emptiness, indelible smile on your face. And your terrible laugh in response to any blows and fear that fate grants. She feels powerless over you. You feel the complete absence of fear - this is the acceptance of reality in its true form. 2. The people who created and develop this world: in debt. Sins are debts after death. Sins as a loan taken from a bank of hell. 3. Truth plunges into loneliness. 4. Fate lowered the gun fuse - this is the best lie detector in the world. Take a look at your body, you are only one millimeter away from eternity, her finger on the trigger. Because of problems, your whole life will pass in one second; you will be separated from immortality by only one second. The closer you are to death, the closer you are to the truth that everything in the human world is meaningless because it is temporary. 5. A halo of knowledge within life, this is a record of projection, a person who feels reality can feel the universe: the past, present and future, and that which is timeless. 6. On the tombstone of a woman who died alone, because she always rejected, repelled, did not forgive, and broke the hearts of all the guys and men who had once offered themselves to her. Her last words were written on her stone: I have been waiting for the perfect man all my life. 7. Some harden life, while others only spoil. 8. Reality is decomposing and all the ridiculous horrors of reality are visible, since you are in the violent chronosphere, where the quantum genetic transformations of the instincts of despair are in, in the projection of an alternative reality of the ego of power in which everything is programmed for decomposition. 9. The knowledge of world religions is only four keys to a higher form of awareness, they will open the gates to higher worlds; you just need to choose one of these keys in order to evolve. 10. Philosophical poetry Noir jazz saxophone of loneliness in poetic comics of memories, with light eroticism of romance. All filled with philosophical silence and self-talk. An almost finished cigarette, it goes like a thought to the logical conclusion of philosophical poetry, where you are looking for a way out of the prison of reality. You play poker with the fate of someone luck, and someone pass. It rains from sinful tears; it does not make the city more conscientious, but a little cleaner. The city is in a fog of thought, the red lightnings of anger sparkle, in the black clouds of depression and then the cold snow of indifference illuminated by the lifeless light of the curiosity of the gods. Soon a new dawn of thoughts, the black and white reality of pessimism, where in the bright colors of the expressive contrasts of the oppositions, there is only a faint light of conscience and animal instincts of darkness. Throughout the deep darkness suggests that the other world is very close and the door there is always open. Everywhere the harsh gray color of thought, periodically sound melodies of the void of truth. Everything is gray here and only red blood is the color of eternal guilt. Everything can become colored only from self-hypnosis in the bright colors of the illusions of optimism. Reason plunges into the darkness of Gothic despair and only a beloved woman can get out of there. The heart accumulates scars, but it does not stop, it continues to live for the sake of loved ones, for the sake of curiosity. In this cold void of the illusions of materialism, only true love will warm the soul, but not lust, because after an orgasm you feel sad notes of loneliness, filled on the piano of sadness. Lust is the girlfriend of egoism, which is the six of self-deception. Vivid memories are a consolation prize of eternity, unlike life they are eternal - these are prosaic scenes of cinema of karma. Scenes of comedians about heroes and villains, where you were exposed as an antihero, and your tormentors were victims. Here you feel literally every frame of sadism of fate. 11. From cruel blows of reality, a person does not become prettier. 12. From disappointment, the soul cannot stop laughing with a frightening rampant laugh, between fear and rampant angry laughter. The smiling, insanely laughing psyche growls and tears to pieces from the high-voltage psychic tension that gives birth to truth, from a smile the philosophy of the psyche breaks into two parts of the duality of the world. A huge smile is visible in the broken mirror of the psyche, and only sometimes the image of a person is reflected in them as a reflection of conscience. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich
The company’s business model, management, and market are the three most important criteria. Does the company possess an innovative or disruptive business model that is unique, with barriers to entry to allow for strong growth? What is our assessment of the quality of the management team and our ability to work as good partners? And finally, what is the size and growth potential of the market?
That public policy is a contradiction with its public relations strategy that proclaims transparency, we ask( Puerto Rico Gov. Ricardo) Rosselló to finally deliver the information without further excuses.
Now they have laid out their case, we will finally have an opportunity to respond on the record, in court, with the facts. As I said yesterday, these allegations are false, and I am confident they will be proven false and I look forward to doing so in court.
I would not envision a long extension of funding at current levels, but rather enough time for Congress to finally convene the talks, reach an agreement and implement it.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for finally
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- напълно, накрая, оконча́телно, безвъзвратноBulgarian
- finalmentCatalan, Valencian
- konečně, nakonecCzech
- endlich, definitiv, schließlichGerman
- por finSpanish
- lõpuks, lõpuuksEstonian
- vihdoinkin, lopultaFinnish
- enfin, définitivementFrench
- aig a’ cheann thallScottish Gaelic
- 等々, 終わり, 終い, 結局, 終にJapanese
- uiteindelijk, ten slotteDutch
- til sluttNorwegian
- hajoobáʼágoNavajo, Navaho
- w końcuPolish
- [[no]] [[fim]]/[[final]], por último, finalmentePortuguese
- оконча́тельно, в конце́ концо́в, наконе́цRussian
- ко̀начно, nȁjzad, kònačno, на̏јзадSerbo-Croatian
- avslutningsvis, slutligen, till sistSwedish
- கடைசியாக, இறுதியாக, முடிவில்Tamil
- зре́штою, нарештіUkrainian
Get even more translations for finally »
Find a translation for the finally definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)