any material that fills a space or container
"there was not enough fill for the trench"
flow into something (as a container)
a food mixture used to fill pastry or sandwiches etc.
woof, weft, filling, picknoun
the yarn woven across the warp yarn in weaving
(dentistry) a dental appliance consisting of any of various substances (as metal or plastic) inserted into a prepared cavity in a tooth
"when he yawned I could see the gold fillings in his teeth"; "an informal British term for `filling' is `stopping'"
the act of filling something
Anything that is used to fill something.
The contents of a pie, etc.
A piece of amalgam used to fill a cavity in a tooth.
Of food, that satisfies the appetite by filling the stomach
a filling meal
that which is used to fill a cavity or any empty space, or to supply a deficiency; as, filling for a cavity in a tooth, a depression in a roadbed, the space between exterior and interior walls of masonry, the pores of open-grained wood, the space between the outer and inner planks of a vessel, etc
the woof in woven fabrics
prepared wort added to ale to cleanse it
Dictionary of Nautical Terms
In ship-carpentry, wood fitted on a timber or elsewhere to make up a defect in the moulding way. This name is sometimes given to a chock.
British National Corpus
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'filling' in Written Corpus Frequency: #4058
The numerical value of filling in Chaldean Numerology is: 6
The numerical value of filling in Pythagorean Numerology is: 6
The filling of the GERD is just the most critical issue for the three countries to decide upon, and now, ahead of the first filling, a fair and equitable filling strategy must take into account different scenarios on climate and rainfall variability – if it will be one of drought, then the three countries are ready to agree on a slower filling.
The mini ones and the big ones with the filling.
1. Stubbornness is the acceleration of the quantum field of success. 2. Nazism, racism, chauvinism, fascism - these are all self-doubt. The superior race is in the highest spiritual dimension and they are confident in themselves, and there is no such complex in absolute equality. 3. For people, ageism of cultures, religions in history and science, the filling of pride in ethnography, is so important, while all cultures and religions are different philosophical ways of educating the soul, those who have received their sight are out of time under the name of endless love. Everyone sleeps in the cradle of infantilism, in the matrix of vanity, those who have seen their sight feel how they woke up and love everything and everyone with endless love. 4. Real feminism in a women's prison. 5. Vulgar and naive men buy a kept woman (Goldiger) at a pet store. 6. A woman is a hormonal werewolf, transformation takes place once a month. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich
I see the whole energy thing as a matrix where there will be lots of different renewable energy forms coming in to replace oil, which won't happen like-for-like overnight, for me butanol should be integrated into the existing structure. We have no intention of developing a brand new infrastructure with our own filling stations and everything. We would bring it in as a blend and distribute it so the consumer sees no difference in their day-to-day activity but they are in fact helping the planet and reducing the amount of oil we consume by putting this into our cars.
Contrary to President Trump's assertions that President Donald Trump increases rebuilt the military, what they did was buy back some of the readiness lost in a decade of cutbacks, it is nowhere near filling the gap between operations challenges we might face tonight, while at the same time investing in future capabilities that may take five, 10, 15 years to develop.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for filling
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- vulsel, vullend, stopselAfrikaans
- пломба, засищащ, плънка, пълнежBulgarian
- Füllung, sättigend, mächtigGerman
- γέμισμα, χορταστικός, γόμωση, γέμιση, σφράγισμαGreek
- پر کردنPersian
- täyte, paikka, täyttäväFinnish
- nadzienie, plomba, syty, wypełnieniePolish
- enchimento, obturação, recheioPortuguese
- начинка, пломба, наполнение, заполнениеRussian
Get even more translations for filling »
Find a translation for the filling definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)