something regarded with special favor or liking
"that book is one of my favorites"
darling, favorite, favourite, pet, dearie, deary, ducky(noun)
a special loved one
front-runner, favorite, favourite(adj)
a competitor thought likely to win
appealing to the general public
"a favorite tourist attraction"
favored, favorite(a), favourite(a), best-loved, pet, preferred, preferent(adj)
preferred above all others and treated with partiality
"the favored child"
Preferred one, one with special favor
The teacher's favorite always went first.
Expected or most probable to win.
He's the favorite, he'll probably be elected.
To add to one's list of favorites on a website that allows users to compile such lists.
That is my favorite flavor of ice cream, I'd eat it daily if I could.
Origin: From favorit or favori past participle of favorir.
a person or thing regarded with peculiar favor; one treated with partiality; one preferred above others; especially, one unduly loved, trusted, and enriched with favors by a person of high rank or authority
short curls dangling over the temples; -- fashionable in the reign of Charles II
the competitor (as a horse in a race) that is judged most likely to win; the competitor standing highest in the betting
regarded with particular affection, esteem, or preference; as, a favorite walk; a favorite child
Origin: [OF. favorit favored, F. favori, fem. favorite, p. p. of OF. favorir, cf. It. favorito, frm. favorita, fr. favorire to favor. See Favor.]
Song lyrics by favorite -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by favorite on the Lyrics.com website.
The numerical value of favorite in Chaldean Numerology is: 7
The numerical value of favorite in Pythagorean Numerology is: 6
Examples of favorite in a Sentence
Images & Illustrations of favorite
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for favorite
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- preferit, favoritCatalan, Valencian
- Liebling, liebst, FavoritGerman
- predilecto, preferido, favoritoSpanish
- ennakkosuosikki, mieli-, lempi-, lellikki, suosikkiFinnish
- favori, préféré, chouchouFrench
- preferido, favoritoGalician
- רצוי, מועדףHebrew
- preferito, favorito, amatoItalian
- 最も好き, お気に入りJapanese
- ფავორიტი, საყვარელიGeorgian
- lievelings-, favoriet, geliefkoost, favorieteDutch
- yndlings, favorittNorwegian
- ulubiony, ulubieniec, faworytPolish
- favorito, preferido, prediletoPortuguese
- favorită, favoritRomanian
- излюбленный, любимыйRussian
- omiljen, najdraži, favoritSerbo-Croatian
- en sevdiği, favoriTurkish
- yêu thíchVietnamese
Get even more translations for favorite »
Find a translation for the favorite definition in other languages:
Select another language: