an adherent of fascism or other right-wing authoritarian views
relating to or characteristic of fascism
A member of a fascist party.
A proponent of fascism.
Of or relating to fascism.
Supporting the principles of fascism.
Considered to be unfairly oppressive or needlessly strict.
I have a fascist boss.
Origin: From w:Partito Nazionale Fascista, from fascio.
The word fascist is sometimes used to denigrate people, institutions, or groups that would not describe themselves as ideologically fascist, and that may not fall within the formal definition of the word. The Fascist party that developed in Italy in the 1920s rigidly enforced conservative values and behavior norms during the Mussolini regime. As a political epithet, fascist was subsequently used in an anti-authoritarian sense to emphasize the common ideology of governmental suppression of individual freedom. It has also been applied to a broad range of people and groups, including people of many religious faiths, particularly fundamentalist groups. The individual, institution, or group called fascist often find the use of the term in this way to be highly offensive and inappropriate. In this sense, the word fascist is intended to mean "oppressive", "intolerant", "chauvinist", "genocidal", "dictatorial", "racist", or "aggressive" – all concepts that are allegedly inspired by the ideology of actual fascism, and pervasive through fascist states. One might accuse an inconveniently placed police roadblock as being a "fascist tactic" for its perceived oppression or interloping, or an overly authoritarian teacher as being "a total fascist". Terms like Nazi and Hitlerite, are often used in similar contexts.
The New Hacker's Dictionary
1. [common] Said of a computer system with excessive or annoying security barriers, usage limits, or access policies. The implication is that said policies are preventing hackers from getting interesting work done. The variant fascistic seems to have been preferred at MIT, poss. by analogy with touristic (see tourist or under the influence of German/Yiddish faschistisch).
How to say fascist in sign language?
The numerical value of fascist in Chaldean Numerology is: 5
The numerical value of fascist in Pythagorean Numerology is: 5
Examples of fascist in a Sentence
Their coup d'etat failed, every fascist gets found out.
I have often thought that if a rational Fascist dictatorship were to exist, then it would choose the American system.
It will include the fascist period, and will be the first such center and museum in Italy to examine the history of fascism, but it will also include the years before and after the regime.
If a country has a fascist leader, this is a great horror for that country; but there is much greater horror: The existence of ignorant and unethical masses who support that primitive leader!
It is the utmost cynicism to depict our country as a supposedly fascist state. It is done with the aim of justifying to the Russian people its own criminal action - Russia's aggression against Ukraine.
Images & Illustrations of fascist
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for fascist
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- فاشي, فاشستي, نازيArabic
- фашы́стка, фашы́стBelarusian
- feixistaCatalan, Valencian
- Faschist, Fascho, faschistisch, Nazi, FaschistinGerman
- φασίστας, φασιστικόςGreek
- fascista, fachaSpanish
- fasistinen, fasistiFinnish
- fasciste, NaziFrench
- ֆաշիստ, ֆաշիստականArmenian
- ファシスト, ナチスJapanese
- фаши́стички, фаши́ст, фаши́сткаMacedonian
- fasistisk, fascistiskNorwegian Nynorsk
- fasistisk, fascistiskNorwegian
- наци́ст, фаши́ст, фаши́ствующий, фаши́стский, наци́стка, фаши́стка, фашистообра́зныйRussian
- fascistisk, fascist, fascistoidSwedish
- фаши́стка, фаши́ст, фаши́стськийUkrainian
- phát xít, phần tử phát xítVietnamese
Get even more translations for fascist »
Find a translation for the fascist definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Український (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)