the end of a word (a suffix or inflectional ending or final morpheme)
"I don't like words that have -ism as an ending"
termination, ending, conclusion(noun)
the act of ending something
"the termination of the agreement"
the point in time at which something ends
"the end of the year"; "the ending of warranty period"
ending, conclusion, finish(noun)
event whose occurrence ends something
"his death marked the ending of an era"; "when these final episodes are broadcast it will be the finish of the show"
conclusion, end, close, closing, ending(noun)
the last section of a communication
"in conclusion I want to say..."
A termination or conclusion.
The last part of something.
The last morpheme of a word, added to some base to make an inflected form (such as -ing in "ending").
termination; concluding part; result; conclusion; destruction; death
the final syllable or letter of a word; the part joined to the stem. See 3d Case, 5
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'ending' in Nouns Frequency: #2849
The numerical value of ending in Chaldean Numerology is: 5
The numerical value of ending in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
Examples of ending in a Sentence
Images & Illustrations of ending
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for ending
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- край, завършване, окончаниеBulgarian
- terminacióCatalan, Valencian
- Ende, Endung, Ablauf, BeendigungGerman
- πέρας, κατάληξηGreek
- loppuosa, loppu, pääte, loppuminen, päätösFinnish
- fin, terminaisonFrench
- վախճան, վերջ, ավարտArmenian
- 結末, 語尾, 終わりJapanese
- exitus, peractio, terminus, extremum, extremus, finisLatin
- uitgang, beëindigingDutch
- terminação, final, fim, término, conclusão, finalizaçãoPortuguese
- final, sfârșit, terminație, încheiereRomanian
- окончание, конец, завершениеRussian
- cawete, fén, coron, finixhmint, diboutWalloon
Get even more translations for ending »
Find a translation for the ending definition in other languages:
Select another language: