determined or actuated by emotion rather than reason
"it was an emotional judgment"
of more than usual emotion
"his behavior was highly emotional"
of or pertaining to emotion
"emotional health"; "an emotional crisis"
aroused, emotional, excited, worked up(adj)
(of persons) excessively affected by emotion
"he would become emotional over nothing at all"; "she was worked up about all the noise"
Of or relating to the emotions.
Characterised by emotion.
Determined by emotion rather than reason.
Appealing to or arousing emotion.
Easily affected by emotion.
She's an emotional person.
Readily displaying emotion.
pertaining to, or characterized by, emotion; excitable; easily moved; sensational; as, an emotional nature
Emotional is the fourth studio album by the Austrian musician Falco released in 1986.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'emotional' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #2804
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'emotional' in Written Corpus Frequency: #4339
Rank popularity for the word 'emotional' in Adjectives Frequency: #377
How to say emotional in sign language?
The numerical value of emotional in Chaldean Numerology is: 1
The numerical value of emotional in Pythagorean Numerology is: 5
Examples of emotional in a Sentence
Images & Illustrations of emotional
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for emotional
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- емоционален, чувствен, вълнуващBulgarian
- emocionalCatalan, Valencian
- citový, emočníCzech
- emocional, emotivoSpanish
- tunteellinen, herkkätunteinen, [[tunne]]-, tunnepohjainen, tunteisiin vetoava, [[tunne-elämä, tunnepitoinen, [[tunneFinnish
- érzelmes, hangulati, érzelmiHungarian
- impressionabile, emotivo, emozionante, commoventeItalian
- emcionāls, emocionālsLatvian
- emotivo, comovente, emocional, impressionável, emocionadoPortuguese
- emoțional, emoționabilRomanian
- эмоциональный, волнующий, чувственный, чувствительныйRussian
- känslofylld, emotionell, känslosam, känsloladdad, känslostyrd, känslofullSwedish
Get even more translations for emotional »
Find a translation for the emotional definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Український (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)