drunkard, drunk, rummy, sot, inebriate, winonoun
a chronic drinker
someone who is intoxicated
intoxicated, drunk, inebriatedadjective
stupefied or excited by a chemical substance (especially alcohol)
"a noisy crowd of intoxicated sailors"; "helplessly inebriated"
as if under the influence of alcohol
"felt intoxicated by her success"; "drunk with excitement"
A habitual drinker, especially one who is frequently intoxicated.
A drinking-bout; a period of drunkenness.
A drunken state.
In a state of intoxication caused by the consumption of excessive alcohol, usually by drinking alcoholic beverages.
(usually followed by with or on) Elated or emboldened.
Drunk with power he immediately ordered a management reshuffle.
intoxicated with, or as with, strong drink; inebriated; drunken; -- never used attributively, but always predicatively; as, the man is drunk (not, a drunk man)
drenched or saturated with moisture or liquid
a drunken condition; a spree
Etymology: [OE. dronke, drunke, dronken, drunken, AS. druncen. Orig. the same as drunken, p. p. of drink. See Drink.]
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
drungk, pa.p. of Drink.—p.adj. intoxicated: saturated.—n. a drunken bout: a drunk person.—n. Drunk′ard, one who frequently drinks to excess: a habitual drinker.—p.adj. Drunk′en, given to excessive drinking: worthless, besotted: resulting from intoxication.—adv. Drunk′enly.—n. Drunk′enness, excessive drinking: habitual intemperance.
British National Corpus
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'drunk' in Written Corpus Frequency: #3586
Rank popularity for the word 'drunk' in Adjectives Frequency: #728
The numerical value of drunk in Chaldean Numerology is: 1
The numerical value of drunk in Pythagorean Numerology is: 5
Knowledge is the only water which makes one thirsty when it is drunk.
Statistics are like a drunk with a lampost: used more for support than illumination.
They thought he was drunk and said, ‘let’s just call the law and let them deal with it,’.
She proceeded to tell me that Abby Broyles had been at the house and was very drunk and calling them all mfer’s, f’er this f’er that, [Broyles] called somebody acne f’er, somebody Hispanic f’er, called my daughter judgey f’er for not wanting to sleep with a blanket that she cleaned up wine with.
Credit buying is much like being drunk. The buzz happens immediately, and it gives you a lift. The hangover comes the day after.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for drunk
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- пияница, опиянен, въодушевен, пиянBulgarian
- embriac, borratxoCatalan, Valencian
- meddw, meddwi, wediWelsh
- Trinker, besoffen, betrunkenGerman
- μέθυσος, μεθύσι, μεθυσμένος, μεθύστακας, μέθηGreek
- borracho, ebrio, pedo, ebriedad, borracheraSpanish
- purjus, joodik, alkash, alkohoolikEstonian
- پیان, مستPersian
- juopunut, kännissä, humalassa, jurrissa, juoppo, humalainenFinnish
- saoul, bourré, ivre, ivrogne, paquetéFrench
- dronkenWestern Frisian
- meisce, meisceoir, óltaIrish
- air mhisgScottish Gaelic
- er meshtey, scooyritManx
- मदहोश, शराबी, मत्त, मतवालाHindi
- részeg, piás, ittas, alkoholistaHungarian
- հարբած, խմածArmenian
- fullur, drukkinnIcelandic
- avvinazzato, ebbro, ubriaco, sborniatoItalian
- 酔っぱらった, 酔っ払い, 酔いJapanese
- ūvidus, ēbrius, pōtusLatin
- пијаница, бекрија, опиен, пијанMacedonian
- bezopen, dronken, blauw, zat, dronkaard, beschonkenDutch
- pijak, pijaczka, pijanyPolish
- bêbado, bebum, embriaguez, bêbedo, beberrão, ébrio, alcoolizadoPortuguese
- îmbătat, bețiv, bețivă, bețivană, alcoolic, bețivan, băut, beatRomanian
- бухой, пьяница, запой, опьянённый, пьяныйRussian
- मत्त, प्रमत्तSanskrit
- пѝјан, pìjanSerbo-Croatian
- pijan, opitý, opilecSlovak
- dragen, fyllo, berusad, drucken, packad, fullSwedish
- เมาเหล้า, ขี้เหล้าThai
- lasing, lasinggeroTagalog
- say rượuVietnamese
- sôle, sôWalloon
Get even more translations for drunk »
Find a translation for the drunk definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)