disable, disenable, incapacitate(verb)
make unable to perform a certain action
"disable this command on your computer"
disable, invalid, incapacitate, handicap(verb)
"He was disabled in a car accident"
To render unable; to take away an ability of.
To impair the physical or mental abilities of; to cause a serious, permanent injury.
Falling off the horse disabled him.
to deactivate a function of an electronical or mechanical device.
The pilot had to disable the autopilot of his airplane.
lacking ability; unable
to render unable or incapable; to destroy the force, vigor, or power of action of; to deprive of competent physical or intellectual power; to incapacitate; to disqualify; to make incompetent or unfit for service; to impair
to deprive of legal right or qualification; to render legally incapable
to deprive of that which gives value or estimation; to declare lacking in competency; to disparage; to undervalue
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
dis-ā′bl, v.t. to deprive of power: to weaken: to disqualify.—ns. Disā′blement, Disabil′ity, want of power; want of legal qualification: disqualification.
The numerical value of disable in Chaldean Numerology is: 1
The numerical value of disable in Pythagorean Numerology is: 7
Examples of disable in a Sentence
It's clear United States policy to develop the cyber capability to disable enemy ballistic missiles.
The attack in 2016 used over 1M [1 million] IoT [Internet of Things] devices, whereas here we see the same impact with only a few hundred, we are talking about a major amplification, a major cyberattack that could disable critical parts of the Internet.
This could degrade or disable communications on both systems, causing either both to function improperly or stop functioning altogether.
The vessels themselves may be of interest, but they certainly are not classified, in terms of the electronics the sailors could easily disable the electronic and classified information with a few key strokes.
We are talking about a major amplification, a major cyberattack that could disable critical parts of the Internet.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for disable
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- правя неспособен, изключвамBulgarian
- deaktivieren, außerstande setzen, außer Stand setzen, außer Stande setzen, abschalten, behindern, außerstand setzenGerman
- incapacitar, discapacitar, desactivar, inutilizar, mutilarSpanish
- lukustama, sandistama, halvamaEstonian
- tehdä, kytkeä, lamauttaa, vammauttaaFinnish
- अक्षम करेंHindi
- disattivare, disabilitareItalian
- 無効, 無力化Japanese
- onmogelijk maken, uitschakelen, deactiverenDutch
- gjøre funksjonshemmet, passivisere, utmanøvrere, funksjonshemme, sette ut av stand til, deaktivereNorwegian
- incapacitar, desabilitar, desligar, desativar, aleijarPortuguese
- отключить, калечить, отключать, покалечить, деактивировать, [[делать]] [[неспособныйRussian
- avaktivera, sätta ur stånd, deaktiveraSwedish
Get even more translations for disable »
Find a translation for the disable definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)