unlike in nature or quality or form or degree
"took different approaches to the problem"; "came to a different conclusion"; "different parts of the country"; "on different sides of the issue"; "this meeting was different from the earlier one"
distinctly separate from the first
"that's another (or different) issue altogether"
differing from all others; not ordinary
"advertising that strives continually to be different"; "this new music is certainly different but I don't really like it"
unlike, dissimilar, different(adj)
marked by dissimilarity
"for twins they are very unlike"; "people are profoundly different"
distinct or separate
"each interviewed different members of the community"
The different ideal.
Not the same; exhibiting a difference
Various, assorted, diverse.
Distinct, separate; .
Several different scientists all reached this conclusion at about the same time.
Unlike most others; unusual.
distinct; separate; not the same; other
of various or contrary nature, form, or quality; partially or totally unlike; dissimilar; as, different kinds of food or drink; different states of health; different shapes; different degrees of excellence
Origin: [L. differens, -entis, p. pr. of differre: cf. F. diffrent.]
Different is the debut studio album by Belgian singer Kate Ryan. It was released in 2002 by EMI Records. The album was produced by AJ Duncan and Phil Wilde. It peaked at number eight in Belgium and was certified Gold. It also had moderate success across Europe selling 250,000 copies.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'different' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #169
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'different' in Written Corpus Frequency: #230
Rank popularity for the word 'different' in Adjectives Frequency: #8
The numerical value of different in Chaldean Numerology is: 6
The numerical value of different in Pythagorean Numerology is: 6
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Images & Illustrations of different
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for different
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- розны, і́ншы, адро́зныBelarusian
- различен, другBulgarian
- diferentCatalan, Valencian
- odlišný, jinýCzech
- forskellig, anderledes, uligDanish
- verschieden, unterschiedlich, andersGerman
- malsama, nesamaEsperanto
- distinto, diferenteSpanish
- erinev, erilineEstonian
- erilainen, omalaatuinen, poikkeuksellinen, toisenlainen, eriFinnish
- difriúil, éagsúilIrish
- diferanHaitian Creole
- eltérő, különböző, másHungarian
- ուրիշ, տարբերArmenian
- 変わる, 異なる, 違う, 特異Japanese
- სხვანაირი, სხვაGeorgian
- جیاواز, جیاKurdish
- различен, поинаков, другMacedonian
- ongelijk, verschillend, andersDutch
- annerledes, forskjellig, ulikNorwegian
- odmienny, inny, niezwykły, rozmaity, różnyPolish
- [[не]] [[такой]] [[как]], иной, разный, другой, отличный, различныйRussian
- други, razan, drugi, разанSerbo-Croatian
- druhý, iný, odlišnýSlovak
- drugačen, drugiSlovene
- annorlunda, olikSwedish
- değişik, başka, ayrı, farklıTurkish
- і́нший, відмі́нний, рі́знийUkrainian
Get even more translations for different »
Find a translation for the different definition in other languages:
Select another language: