derogative, derogatory, disparaging(adj)
expressive of low opinion
"derogatory comments"; "disparaging remarks about the new house"
A trade-line on a credit report that includes negative credit history.
Tending to derogate, or lessen in value of someone; expressing derogation; detracting; injurious.
When referring to a clause in a testament: a sentence of secret character inserted by the testator alone, of which he reserves the knowledge to himself, with a condition that no will he may make thereafter shall be valid, unless this clause is inserted word for word; u2013 a precaution to guard against later wills extorted by violence, or obtained by suggestion.
Origin: From derogatorius, from derogare; corresponding to .
tending to derogate, or lessen in value; expressing derogation; detracting; injurious; -- with from to, or unto
The numerical value of derogatory in Chaldean Numerology is: 9
The numerical value of derogatory in Pythagorean Numerology is: 2
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
I said some pretty derogatory things that I do regret saying.
In Chinese history, 'rabbit' was a derogatory term for homosexuals.
They are defining hateful or derogatory as meaning with the Bible says about homosexuality.
This is ludicrous for the Clinton campaign and others to suggest that somehow I'm using a derogatory term.
This is ludicrous for the Hillary Clinton campaign and others to suggest that somehow I'm using a derogatory term.
Images & Illustrations of derogatory
Translations for derogatory
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- пренебрежителен, подценяващBulgarian
- pejoratiu, derogatori, despectiuCatalan, Valencian
- hanlivý, pohrdavý, ponižujícíCzech
- abwertend, beleidigend, pejorativ, derogatorisch, derogativ, abfälligGerman
- υποτιμητικός, υβριστικός, μειωτικόςGreek
- derogatorio, despectivoSpanish
- halventava, alentavaFinnish
- dépréciative, péjorative, dépréciatif, péjoratifFrench
- offensivo, riduttivo, contumelioso, spregiativo, insultante, ingiuriosoItalian
- beledigend, kleinerend, denigrerendDutch
- nedsetjandeNorwegian Nynorsk
- pogardliwy, pejoratywnyPolish
- derrogatório, depreciativoPortuguese
- dăunător, defavorabil, prejudiciator, derogatoriu, denigratorRomanian
- пренебрежительный, презрительный, уничижительныйRussian
- phạm đến quyền lợiVietnamese
Get even more translations for derogatory »
Find a translation for the derogatory definition in other languages:
Select another language: