the state of being contaminated
a substance that contaminates
the act of contaminating or polluting; including (either intentionally or accidentally) unwanted substances or factors
The act or process of contaminating; pollution; defilement; taint; also, that which contaminates.
A process whereby words with related meanings come to have similar sounds.
The process of making a material or surface unclean or unsuited for its intended purpose, usually by the addition or attachment of undesirable foreign substances.
the act or process of contaminating; pollution; defilement; taint; also, that which contaminates
Origin: [L. contaminatio.]
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
1. The deposit, absorption, or adsorption of radioactive material, or of biological or chemical agents on or by structures, areas, personnel, or objects. See also induced radiation; residual radiation. 2. Food and/or water made unfit for consumption by humans or animals because of the presence of environmental chemicals, radioactive elements, bacteria or organisms, the byproduct of the growth of
The numerical value of contamination in Chaldean Numerology is: 3
The numerical value of contamination in Pythagorean Numerology is: 4
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
So that will mitigate some of the effects of the contamination.
Often fish do not form signs of contamination and poison from these levels of heavy metal for two or three years at least.
The government, ourselves, and independent auditors, nobody has found any contamination that is attributable to our operation.
A health inspector visited the restaurant, surveyed the ingredients used to make the burger and found no evidence of contamination.
City leaders can use our findings to advocate for protecting their drinking water from contamination, rather than spending billions of dollars to clean it up.
Images & Illustrations of contamination
Translations for contamination
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- contaminacióCatalan, Valencian
- kontaminace, znečištěníCzech
- Kontamination, Verunreinigung, VerseuchungGerman
- kontamino, kontaminadoEsperanto
- pilaantuminen, saastuminen, sanasekauma, saastuttaminenFinnish
- truailleadhScottish Gaelic
- 汚染, コンタミネーションJapanese
- kontaminācija, kontaminēšanāsLatvian
- загрязнение, контаминацияRussian
Get even more translations for contamination »
Find a translation for the contamination definition in other languages:
Select another language:
Discuss these contamination definitions with the community:
Word of the Day
Would you like us to send you a FREE new word definition delivered to your inbox daily?
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"contamination." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2018. Web. 21 Feb. 2018. <https://www.definitions.net/definition/contamination>.