wholly, entirely, completely, totally, all, altogether, whole(adverb)
to a complete degree or to the full or entire extent (`whole' is often used informally for `wholly')
"he was wholly convinced"; "entirely satisfied with the meal"; "it was completely different from what we expected"; "was completely at fault"; "a totally new situation"; "the directions were all wrong"; "it was not altogether her fault"; "an altogether new approach"; "a whole new idea"
so as to be complete; with everything necessary
"he had filled out the form completely"; "the apartment was completely furnished"
In a complete manner; fully; totally; utterly.
Please completely fill in the box for your answer, using a number 2 pencil.
To the fullest extent or degree; totally.
He is completely mad.
in a complete manner; fully
Completely is the eighth album from noted country artists Diamond Rio. Two of the album's singles, "Beautiful Mess" and "I Believe", reached Number One on the Billboard U.S. Hot Country Singles & Tracks charts. Also released from this album were "Wrinkles" and "We All Fall Down", which peaked at #18 and #45, respectively, on the country charts. The album was certified gold by the RIAA. "Make Sure You've Got It All" was originally recorded by Collin Raye on his 1998 album The Walls Came Down. "If You'd Like Some Lovin'" was written and originally recorded by David Ball for his album, Starlite Lounge in 1996.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'completely' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #1249
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'completely' in Written Corpus Frequency: #963
Rank popularity for the word 'completely' in Adverbs Frequency: #118
The numerical value of completely in Chaldean Numerology is: 7
The numerical value of completely in Pythagorean Numerology is: 9
Examples of completely in a Sentence
Images & Illustrations of completely
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for completely
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- съвсем, напълноBulgarian
- completament, totalmentCatalan, Valencian
- ganz, völlig, vollständig, vollumfänglichGerman
- completamente, totalmenteSpanish
- täysin, täydellisen, kokonaan, tykkänään, tyyten, tyystinFinnish
- gu lèir, deargScottish Gaelic
- լրիվ, կատարելապես, ամբողջովինArmenian
- totalmente, pienamente, del tutto, interamente, completamenteItalian
- 完璧, 完全, まるっきり, 全くJapanese
- به تهواوی, به یهکجاریKurdish
- pilnīgi, pilnāmLatvian
- volkomen, volledig, compleet, helemaalDutch
- totalnie, zupełnie, całkowicie, w całościPolish
- بېخيPashto, Pushto
- cem por cento, totalmente, completamentePortuguese
- completă, completRomanian
- совершенно, целиком, совсем, полностьюRussian
Get even more translations for completely »
Find a translation for the completely definition in other languages:
Select another language: