collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage(noun)
several things grouped together or considered as a whole
a publication containing a variety of works
solicitation, appeal, collection, ingathering(noun)
request for a sum of money
"an appeal to raise money for starving children"
collection, collecting, assembling, aggregation(noun)
the act of gathering something together
A set of items or objects procured or gathered together by a person, group, or other agent.
A set of sets.
the act or process of collecting or of gathering; as, the collection of specimens
that which is collected
a gathering or assemblage of objects or of persons
a gathering of money for charitable or other purposes, as by passing a contribution box for freewill offerings
that which is obtained in payment of demands
an accumulation of any substance
the act of inferring or concluding from premises or observed facts; also, that which is inferred
the jurisdiction of a collector of excise
Collection is a greatest hits album by Tracy Chapman, it features tracks from her first five studio albums. The tracks include her two U.S. Top Tens, "Fast Car" and "Give Me One Reason". Other charted singles on this album include "Talkin' 'bout a Revolution", "Crossroads", "Telling Stories", and "Baby Can I Hold You".
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
In intelligence usage, the acquisition of information and the provision of this information to processing elements. See also intelligence process.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'collection' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #1276
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'collection' in Written Corpus Frequency: #3074
Rank popularity for the word 'collection' in Nouns Frequency: #468
The numerical value of collection in Chaldean Numerology is: 5
The numerical value of collection in Pythagorean Numerology is: 9
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
We call this new paradigm immaculate collection.
I know his collection would not want to be broken up.
This is a collection for all women who walk their own path.
The true university of these days is a collection of books.
Anyone who has got a book collection and a garden wants for nothing.
Images & Illustrations of collection
Translations for collection
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- сбор, колекция, събиране, сбиркаBulgarian
- col·leccióCatalan, Valencian
- sběr, sbírkaCzech
- samling, indsamlingDanish
- Einsammlung, Sammlung, Menge, Abholung, Sammeln, KollektionGerman
- colección, recogida, recolección, conjuntoSpanish
- kogu, kogumineEstonian
- kerääminen, keräily, keräys, kokoelmaFinnish
- cruinneachadhScottish Gaelic
- אוסף, איסוףHebrew
- gyűjtés, gyűjtemény, kollekcióHungarian
- raccolta, collezioneItalian
- congestus, collēctus, congeriēsLatin
- krājums, kolekcija, vākšana, ievākšanaLatvian
- samling, kolleksjonNorwegian
- samling, kolleksjonNorwegian Nynorsk
- coleção, coletaPortuguese
- colectare, colecțieRomanian
- сборник, коллекция, собраниеRussian
- skupljanje, zbȋrkaSerbo-Croatian
- samling, samlaSwedish
- సమూహము, సేకరణTelugu
- toplama, koleksiyonTurkish
- bộ sưu tậpVietnamese
- konlet, konletamVolapük
Get even more translations for collection »
Find a translation for the collection definition in other languages:
Select another language: