cagey, cagy, canny, clever(adj)
showing self-interest and shrewdness in dealing with others
"a cagey lawyer"; "too clever to be sound"
mentally quick and resourceful
"an apt pupil"; "you are a clever man...you reason well and your wit is bold"-Bram Stoker
clever, cunning, ingenious(adj)
showing inventiveness and skill
"a clever gadget"; "the cunning maneuvers leading to his success"; "an ingenious solution to the problem"
Nimble with hands or body; skillful; adept.
Resourceful, sometimes to the point of cunning.
clever like a fox
Smart, intelligent or witty; mentally quick or sharp.
Showing inventiveness or originality; witty.
Possessing magical abilities.
possessing quickness of intellect, skill, dexterity, talent, or adroitness; expert
showing skill or adroitness in the doer or former; as, a clever speech; a clever trick
having fitness, propriety, or suitableness
Clever is a city in Christian County, Missouri, United States. The population was 2,139 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Springfield, Missouri Metropolitan Statistical Area. Christian County was the fastest-growing county in Missouri in population between 2000 and 2010. As a result of that growth Clever has also seen a large increase in population in the last twenty years.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
klev′ėr, adj. able or dexterous: ingenious: skilful: (U.S.) good-natured.—ns. Cleveral′ity, Clev′erness.—adj. Clev′erish, somewhat clever.—adv. Clev′erly. [Ety. dub.]
Build educational applications that just work. School integration doesn’t have to be painful. Use Clever to get real-time student data.Clever believes that data should empower learning, not hold it back. With unique experiences in education and technology, the Clever team understands the data challenges that schools and developers face. Our mission is to make powerful educational software easy to build and easy to deploy.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'clever' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #4393
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'clever' in Written Corpus Frequency: #1796
Rank popularity for the word 'clever' in Adjectives Frequency: #507
The numerical value of clever in Chaldean Numerology is: 6
The numerical value of clever in Pythagorean Numerology is: 2
Examples of clever in a Sentence
By the time the clever reaches the clouds, the genius is already on the stars.
Between a stupid fascist and an intelligent fascist, prefer the intelligent one, because there is always a chance to persuade the clever one about the mistakes of his actions! There is no such a chance for stupid and ignorant fascist!
These other oils don't get as much attention as the headline numbers put out by the EIA and have been a clever and convenient way to hide weak product demand.
What Jaguar has done with the Lightweight [E-Type] cars is clever, but reinventing the 250 is a tough gig, and living off the spoils of the past is a bad habit to get into.
Man is a clever animal who behaves like an imbecile.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for clever
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- изобретателен, способен, сръчен, умен, изкусен, даровитBulgarian
- llestCatalan, Valencian
- smart, kvik, klog, snild, raskDanish
- gescheit, erfinderisch, geistreich, klug, findig, patent, einfallsreich, schlau, originell, cleverGerman
- original, ingenioso, talentoso, ágil, astuto, listo, pillo, hábil, inteligenteSpanish
- زیرک, باهوش, زرنگPersian
- nokkela, kätevä, fiksuFinnish
- malin, agile, adroit, intelligent, adroite, habile, ingénieux, talentueuxFrench
- glic, tapaidhScottish Gaelic
- होशियार, चतुरHindi
- ügyes, eszes, okosHungarian
- խելացի, խելոքArmenian
- 頭がいい, 利口, 賢い, うまいJapanese
- 영리한, 영리하다, 똑똑하다, 똑똑한Korean
- эстүү, акылдууKyrgyz
- sapiens, callidusLatin
- အကြံပိုင်, လျင်, ပါးလျား, ဉာဏ်ကောင်းBurmese
- slim, scherpzinnig, kloek, knapDutch
- klok, smart, begavet, skarpsindig, intelligentNorwegian
- zmyślny, bystry, sprytnyPolish
- hábil, esperto, engenhosoPortuguese
- deștept, inteligentRomanian
- изобретательный, искусный, даровитый, ловкий, хитрый, умелый, умный, способный, разумный, умнаяRussian
- паметан, pametanSerbo-Croatian
- දක්ෂ, හපන්Sinhala, Sinhalese
- i zgjuarAlbanian
- klok, smart, duktigSwedish
- మేధావి, మంత్రజాలం, తెలివైనTelugu
- оқил, боақлTajik
- zeki, akıllıTurkish
- aqlli, oqilUzbek
- thông minh, 聰明, tài giỏiVietnamese
- malén, adroete, sûti, adroet, malene, capåbe, abeye, sûteye, subtile, adjete, subtilWalloon
Get even more translations for clever »
Find a translation for the clever definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)