surely, certainly, sure, for sure, for certain, sure enough, sure as shooting(adverb)
definitely or positively (`sure' is sometimes used informally for `surely')
"the results are surely encouraging"; "she certainly is a hard worker"; "it's going to be a good day for sure"; "they are coming, for certain"; "they thought he had been killed sure enough"; "he'll win sure as shooting"; "they sure smell good"; "sure he'll come"
In a way which is certain; with certainty.
Without doubt, surely; of course.
An emphatic affirmative answer.
Would you like it with ice? Certainly, and with lemon please.
without doubt or question; unquestionably
We certainly require some night rain for the garden and fields.Submitted by MaryC on May 30, 2020
Certainly vs. Definitely -- In this Grammar.com article you will learn the differences between Certainly and Definitely.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'certainly' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #572
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'certainly' in Written Corpus Frequency: #323
Rank popularity for the word 'certainly' in Adverbs Frequency: #71
The numerical value of certainly in Chaldean Numerology is: 7
The numerical value of certainly in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
It is certainly feasible, but will likely require a fairly significant change in policy in the very near future, and/or favorable market and technological conditions.
I expect him both to hear what we're doing, and continue to say what he's told me and Gen. (Joseph) Dunford, certainly for the military campaign, which is that he wants us to continue to come to him with proposals for ways that we can strengthen the campaign consistent with our overall strategic approach.
Certainly the independent Kurdistan is coming.
We've certainly hit our nadir, i'm here to stay.
It is certainly desirable to be well descended, but the glory belongs to our ancestors.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for certainly
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- بالتأكيد, بدون شك, بدون نقاش, من المؤكدArabic
- разбира се, несъмнено, безспорноBulgarian
- certamentCatalan, Valencian
- jistě, zajisté, nepochybně, určitěCzech
- zweifellos, natürlich, gewiss, freilich, sicherlich, sicherGerman
- βεβαίως, ασφαλώς, σίγουραGreek
- ciertamente, sin duda, por supuestoSpanish
- بطور محرزPersian
- totta kai, epäilemättä, kyllä kiitos, todellakin, ilman muuta, varmastiFinnish
- sans nul doute, pour sûr, sûrement, bien sûr, certainement, sans aucun doute, évidemmentFrench
- בוודאי, בוודאותHebrew
- անշուշտ, իհարկե, անկասկածArmenian
- もちろん, 絶対, 必ず, 確実, 全く, 確かに, その通りJapanese
- anaoa, apa ia, āpāiaMāori
- beslist, voorzeker, en of, zeker, waarlijkDutch
- zdecydowanie, z pewnością, na pewnoPolish
- sem dúvida, certamentePortuguese
- desigur, bineînțelesRomanian
- несомненно, конечно, непременно, безусловно, навернякаRussian
- несумњиво, dakako, свакако, svakako, sigurno, naravno, zacijelo, doista, nesumnjivo, наравно, дакакоSerbo-Croatian
Get even more translations for certainly »
Find a translation for the certainly definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)