the time when something begins (especially life)
"they divorced after the birth of the child"; "his election signaled the birth of a new age"
birth, nativity, nascency, nascence(noun)
the event of being born
"they celebrated the birth of their first child"
parturition, birth, giving birth, birthing(noun)
the process of giving birth
the kinship relation of an offspring to the parents
a baby born; an offspring
"the overall rate of incidence of Down's syndrome is one in every 800 births"
give birth, deliver, bear, birth, have(verb)
cause to be born
"My wife had twins yesterday!"
The process of childbearing.
An instance of childbirth.
A beginning or start; a point of origin.
The circumstances of one's background, ancestry, or upbringing.
He was of noble birth, but fortune had not favored him.
To bear or give birth to (a child).
To produce, give rise to.
A familial relationship established by childbirth.
Her birth father left when she was a baby; she was raised by her mother and stepfather.
the act or fact of coming into life, or of being born; -- generally applied to human beings; as, the birth of a son
lineage; extraction; descent; sometimes, high birth; noble extraction
the condition to which a person is born; natural state or position; inherited disposition or tendency
the act of bringing forth; as, she had two children at a birth
that which is born; that which is produced, whether animal or vegetable
origin; beginning; as, the birth of an empire
Birth is the act or process of bearing or bringing forth offspring from the uterus. The offspring is brought forth from the mother. The time of human birth is defined as the time at which the fetus comes out of the mother's womb into the world. Different forms of birth are oviparity, vivipary and ovovivipary.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
bėrth, n. a ship's station at anchor. [Same as Berth.]
bėrth, n. the act of bearing or bringing forth: the offspring born: dignity of family: origin.—n. Birth′day, the day on which one is born, or the anniversary of that day.—adj. relating to the day of one's birth.—ns. Birth′day-book, a book in diary form, in which the birthdays of one's friends are entered in their autographs; Birth′dom (Shak.), birthright; Birth′-mark, a peculiar mark on one's body at birth; Birth′night, the night on which one is born, or the anniversary of that night; Birth′place, the place of one's birth; Birth′right, the right or privilege to which one is entitled by birth: native rights.—adj. Birth′-strang′led (Shak.), strangled in birth.—n. Birth′-wort, a genus of perennial plants, formerly used medicinally in cases of difficult parturition. [M. E. birÞe, prob. Scand.; cf. Goth, ga-baurÞs, Ger. ge-burt.]
The act of being born.
The cow gave birth to her calf and it was such a joyous sight.Submitted by MaryC on February 3, 2020
The natural movement of a baby through the birth canal, cervix and then out of the vagina of their mother.
The birth of the baby is a miracle they both agree.Submitted by MaryC on January 25, 2020
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'birth' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #1982
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'birth' in Written Corpus Frequency: #3005
Rank popularity for the word 'birth' in Nouns Frequency: #780
The numerical value of birth in Chaldean Numerology is: 5
The numerical value of birth in Pythagorean Numerology is: 3
Tomas did not realize at the time that metaphors are dangerous. Metaphors are not to be trifled with. A single metaphor can give birth to love.
We are her birth parents, we do not understand why she feels it's necessary to misrepresent her ethnicity.
I wrote the partial-birth abortion statute and if you listen to the tapes, and you look at what the procedures are, they are doing just that.
1. Seeing you finally smile at the emptiness, indelible smile on your face. And your terrible laugh in response to any blows and fear that fate grants. She feels powerless over you. You feel the complete absence of fear - this is the acceptance of reality in its true form. 2. The people who created and develop this world: in debt. Sins are debts after death. Sins as a loan taken from a bank of hell. 3. Truth plunges into loneliness. 4. Fate lowered the gun fuse - this is the best lie detector in the world. Take a look at your body, you are only one millimeter away from eternity, her finger on the trigger. Because of problems, your whole life will pass in one second; you will be separated from immortality by only one second. The closer you are to death, the closer you are to the truth that everything in the human world is meaningless because it is temporary. 5. A halo of knowledge within life, this is a record of projection, a person who feels reality can feel the universe: the past, present and future, and that which is timeless. 6. On the tombstone of a woman who died alone, because she always rejected, repelled, did not forgive, and broke the hearts of all the guys and men who had once offered themselves to her. Her last words were written on her stone: I have been waiting for the perfect man all my life. 7. Some harden life, while others only spoil. 8. Reality is decomposing and all the ridiculous horrors of reality are visible, since you are in the violent chronosphere, where the quantum genetic transformations of the instincts of despair are in, in the projection of an alternative reality of the ego of power in which everything is programmed for decomposition. 9. The knowledge of world religions is only four keys to a higher form of awareness, they will open the gates to higher worlds; you just need to choose one of these keys in order to evolve. 10. Philosophical poetry Noir jazz saxophone of loneliness in poetic comics of memories, with light eroticism of romance. All filled with philosophical silence and self-talk. An almost finished cigarette, it goes like a thought to the logical conclusion of philosophical poetry, where you are looking for a way out of the prison of reality. You play poker with the fate of someone luck, and someone pass. It rains from sinful tears; it does not make the city more conscientious, but a little cleaner. The city is in a fog of thought, the red lightnings of anger sparkle, in the black clouds of depression and then the cold snow of indifference illuminated by the lifeless light of the curiosity of the gods. Soon a new dawn of thoughts, the black and white reality of pessimism, where in the bright colors of the expressive contrasts of the oppositions, there is only a faint light of conscience and animal instincts of darkness. Throughout the deep darkness suggests that the other world is very close and the door there is always open. Everywhere the harsh gray color of thought, periodically sound melodies of the void of truth. Everything is gray here and only red blood is the color of eternal guilt. Everything can become colored only from self-hypnosis in the bright colors of the illusions of optimism. Reason plunges into the darkness of Gothic despair and only a beloved woman can get out of there. The heart accumulates scars, but it does not stop, it continues to live for the sake of loved ones, for the sake of curiosity. In this cold void of the illusions of materialism, only true love will warm the soul, but not lust, because after an orgasm you feel sad notes of loneliness, filled on the piano of sadness. Lust is the girlfriend of egoism, which is the six of self-deception. Vivid memories are a consolation prize of eternity, unlike life they are eternal - these are prosaic scenes of cinema of karma. Scenes of comedians about heroes and villains, where you were exposed as an antihero, and your tormentors were victims. Here you feel literally every frame of sadism of fate. 11. From cruel blows of reality, a person does not become prettier. 12. From disappointment, the soul cannot stop laughing with a frightening rampant laugh, between fear and rampant angry laughter. The smiling, insanely laughing psyche growls and tears to pieces from the high-voltage psychic tension that gives birth to truth, from a smile the philosophy of the psyche breaks into two parts of the duality of the world. A huge smile is visible in the broken mirror of the psyche, and only sometimes the image of a person is reflected in them as a reflection of conscience. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich
In 2014, we had already begun the process of revising our specifications for security paper to be used on birth and death certificates, we had issued a request for proposals from vendors to meet the new standard. Coincidentally, the bids for a new provider were scheduled for opening on July 9, 2015, the same day we were informed of the work situation with Sekuworks.
Images & Illustrations of birth
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for birth
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- ولادة, بداية, ولد, وضع, مولد, ميلادArabic
- потекло, раждане, произход, раждам, началоBulgarian
- -ioù, ganedigezhBreton
- naixença, partCatalan, Valencian
- narození, porod, zrod, původ, poroditCzech
- καταγωγή, τοκετός, γέννα, γέννηση, γεννώGreek
- suku, sukujuuri, alku, synnyttää, syntymä, syntyperä, synnyttäminen, lisääntyminenFinnish
- accoucher, naissanceFrench
- berteWestern Frisian
- הוֹלִיד, לידהHebrew
- szülés, származásHungarian
- ծնունդ, սկիզբArmenian
- fæðing, hingaðburðurIcelandic
- nascita, partoItalian
- 誕生, 成立, 出生, 勃興Japanese
- 출생, 出生Korean
- төрөлүш, туулуш, булак, тууш, ата тек, төрөт, тек, келип чыгышы, төрөлүү, туулуу, пайда болууKyrgyz
- nascentia, nativitas, pario, orīgoLatin
- gimimas, gimdymasLithuanian
- dzemdības, dzemdēšanaLatvian
- whānautanga, tīmatangaMāori
- раѓање, породување, зародиш, раѓа, потекло, родMacedonian
- geboorte, afkomst, baren, bevallingDutch
- parto, origem, nascimento, parir, dar à luzPortuguese
- naștere, început, origineRomanian
- рождение, родыRussian
- rožastvo, rođenjeSerbo-Croatian
- rojstvo, roditi, porodSlovene
- födelse, början, födaSwedish
- zaa, zaliwa, kuzaa, zaliwSwahili
- గర్భిణి, వంశము, కను, జన్మించుట, ప్రసవించు, పుట్టినTelugu
- sinh đẻ, đầu, gốc, [[sự]] [[ra đời]], dòng dõiVietnamese
- skepiaedje, vinowe å mondeWalloon
Get even more translations for birth »
Find a translation for the birth definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)