Definitions for binary
ˈbaɪ nə ri, -nɛr ibi·na·ry
Here are all the possible meanings and translations of the word binary.
binary star, binary, double starnoun
a system of two stars that revolve around each other under their mutual gravitation
binary, binary programadjective
a pre-compiled, pre-linked program that is ready to run under a given operating system; a binary for one operating system will not run on a different operating system
"the same source code can be compiled to produce different binaries for different operating systems"
of or pertaining to a number system have 2 as its base
"a binary digit"
consisting of two (units or components or elements or terms)
"a binary star is a system in which two stars revolve around each other"; "a binary compound"; "the binary number system has two as its base"
The bijective base-2 numeral system, which uses only the digits 0 and 1.
An executable computer file.
A star system consisting of only two stars.
Being in a state of one of two mutually exclusive conditions such as on or off, true or false, presence or absence of a signal.
Binary states are often abstracted as 1 and 0 in computer science.
Concerning logic whose subject matter concerns binary states.
Concerning numbers and calculations using the binary number system.
Having two equally important parts; related to something with two parts.
Of an operation, function, procedure or logic gate, taking exactly one operand, argument, parameter or input; having domain of dimension 2.
Division of reals is a binary operation.
Of data, consisting of arbitrary values; that is, not interpretable as plain or ASCII text.
He downloaded the binary distribution for Linux, then burned it to DVD.
Etymology: From binarius, from bini.
Samuel Johnson's Dictionary
Two; dual; double.
Etymology: from binus, Lat.
compounded or consisting of two things or parts; characterized by two (things)
that which is constituted of two figures, things, or parts; two; duality
Binary is a techno-thriller novel written by Michael Crichton in 1972 under the pen-name John Lange. Michael Crichton also directed Pursuit, a TV-Movie version. The story of both the book and the film revolve around a deadly nerve agent composed by combining two different chemicals.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
bī′nar-i, adj. composed of two: twofold.—adjs. Bī′nate, growing in pairs: double; Binaur′al, having two ears: needing the use of both ears.—Binary scale (math.), the scale of notation whose radix or base is 2 (instead of 10); Binary theory (chem.), that which assumes all salts to contain merely two substances, either both simple, or one simple and the other a compound playing the part of a simple body. [L. binarius—bini, two by two—bis, twice.]
The numerical value of binary in Chaldean Numerology is: 3
The numerical value of binary in Pythagorean Numerology is: 6
Men can wear dresses, women can wear suits, and non-binary people are free to define the outfits that feel most appropriate to them in a formal setting.
These representations can help teach cisgender parents and other adults that rejecting the gender binary and being more accepting of gender diversity in children is more important for their psychological health and quality of life.
But in the end, the American people are going to decide : Has the President of the United States stood up to this crisis and done right by them and protected their lives and their property, or hasn't he ? it's almost as if now the selection as his position is going to be a referendum of President Trump rather than a binary choice between the Vice President( Joe Biden) and the President.
1. Life is a children's book of the infantilism of childhood traumas, with three-dimensional pictures. The scenery of the script is all ready in advance. 2. Modernity lives without love. Cynicism, sociopathy of commercialism, where inflation leads to mental impotence of indifference in solitude, where infantilism is the basis of idealism. The brain becomes a call center of indifference. 3. Books are like a ticket to a movie, you don't know if it's a great movie or not, the title and annotation are like a movie trailer. If the book contains schematic specifics, then the film was a success. If not, then this is a subjective banality, a fog of ignorance and ignorance and advertising of your name. 4. Patriotic science leads to paranoid impasse, pareidolic theories and apophenia of hypotheses and anamorphosis of opinions. Apathetic depression of pseudoscientific problems, from what is impossible to prove. Clownery and hypocrisy of self-doubt, politicized science plunges into skepticism. 5. Philosophy and art are the taste of life, this is the cooking of symbolic subjectivism in search of pain from spiritual synesthesia of insight into logical concreteness. Mental destruction for the sake of creating more perfect thinking. Where the mental gourmets of the cognitive hyperrealism of clarity, aesthetic awareness gather. 6. Biology of the body as a code of greed of instincts, an algorithm of vices and marketing of fear. In the coffin, eternity is dreaming, the evolutionary maturation of consciousness where the teacher is only conscience, and guilt makes it possible to feel alive and insignificant, it awakens humanity. The truth is visible only to the ghostly spectator, but not to the actor of hypocrisy obsessed with self-deception. In life, only emptiness. You are not alive at all, you are dreaming about the eternity of reincarnation and the wheel of samsara. 7. The binary code of human behavior is based on the reciprocity algorithm: justice, guilt, conscience. 8. Sinners wake up in hell. 9. Manipulating a person with the help of his own self-interest is an artistic choreography of a voodoo puppet. The art of gesture movements of hypocritical egoism. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich
We need to start teasing this issue apart, to understand it better and move just beyond a binary conversation of : permit it or ban it, and think about : what is the right way to regulate it ?
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for binary
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- двоен, двоиченBulgarian
- binariCatalan, Valencian
- dvojkový, dvojková soustava, binární soustava, dvojný, duální, binární, spustitelný soubor, binárka, dvojitýCzech
- binär, Binärcode, BinärsystemGerman
- διττός, δυαδικό, δυαδικόςGreek
- duuma, binaraEsperanto
- binäärinen, binääri-, kaksois-, binäärijärjestelmäFinnish
- binaire, binaritéFrench
- tvístæður, tvíunda-Icelandic
- binaria, binarioItalian
- 二進法, バイナリJapanese
- binair, tweevoudige, tweetallige, tweetallig, tweevoudig, binaireDutch
- dwójkowy, binarnyPolish
- двойной, бинарный, двоичныйRussian
- dubbel, tudelad, binärSwedish
- ikilik, ikili, ikili kod, ikili sayı sistemi, çiftli, iki terimliTurkish
Get even more translations for binary »
Find a translation for the binary definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)