awaken, wake, waken, rouse, wake up, arouse(verb)
cause to become awake or conscious
"He was roused by the drunken men in the street"; "Please wake me at 6 AM."
wake up, awake, arouse, awaken, wake, come alive, waken(verb)
"She woke up to the sound of the alarm clock"
"They were awakened to the sad facts"
To cause to become awake.
To cause to become conscious.
To stop sleeping.
to rouse from sleep or torpor; to awake; to wake
Awaken is an underground rock band / indie music project based in Belgium. They released two official albums and numerous demo tapes and web-only singles since their early days in 1988. Not related to the modern Belgian scene at all, Awaken gained interest from Vietnamese people since the release of a Vietnamese song and legend, "Chú Mèo Ngủ Quên", and in Japan with the virtual EP "別府NIGHTS". Recently, a cover of a Vietnamese children song "Rửa Mặt Như Mèo" has been recorded and has been heard on Vietnamese internet, though not officially released. Since 2005, Awaken is part of the team of the indies Japanese label It's Oh! Music based in Miyazaki city.
How to say awaken in sign language?
The numerical value of awaken in Chaldean Numerology is: 2
The numerical value of awaken in Pythagorean Numerology is: 1
Examples of awaken in a Sentence
History is a nightmare from which we are trying to awaken.
Awaken the sleep, protect the weak, and guide the strong.
If emptiness is empty, how can something be borne or awaken from it?
A religious awakening which does not awaken the sleeper to love has roused him in vain.
Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken.
Images & Illustrations of awaken
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for awaken
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- صحى, استيقظ, أَفَاقَ, أَصْحَى, أَيْقَظَArabic
- aufwachen, aufwecken, erwachen, wecken, wach werdenGerman
- despertarse, despertarSpanish
- بیدار کردن, بلن کردن, بیدار شدن, بلند کردنPersian
- herättää, havahduttaa, herätäFinnish
- réveiller, se réveillerFrench
- dùisgScottish Gaelic
- արթնացնել, զարթնել, արթնանալ, զարթնեցնելArmenian
- 目を覚ます, 起きる, 目覚める, 起こすJapanese
- excito, excitorLatin
- zich opwekken, wakker worden, wakker maken, wekkenDutch
- acordar, despertarPortuguese
- scula, deștepta, treziRomanian
- просну́ться, пробуди́ть, пробужда́ться, пробужда́ть, пробуди́ться, буди́ть, разбуди́ть, просыпа́тьсяRussian
- dispierter, rewoeyî, si rewoeyî, si dispierterWalloon
Get even more translations for awaken »
Find a translation for the awaken definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Український (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)