attraction, attractive force(noun)
the force by which one object attracts another
an entertainment that is offered to the public
the quality of arousing interest; being attractive or something that attracts
"her personality held a strange attraction for him"
attraction, attractor, attracter, attractive feature, magnet(noun)
a characteristic that provides pleasure and attracts
"flowers are an attractor for bees"
drawing card, draw, attraction, attractor, attracter(noun)
an entertainer who attracts large audiences
"he was the biggest drawing card they had"
The tendency to attract
The Moon is held in its orbit by the attraction of the Earth's gravity
The feeling of being attracted
I felt a strange attraction towards the place
An event or location that has a tendency to attract visitors
The new mall should be a major attraction
Origin: from attraction, from attractio from past participle of attraho (= ad + traho)
an invisible power in a body by which it draws anything to itself; the power in nature acting mutually between bodies or ultimate particles, tending to draw them together, or to produce their cohesion or combination, and conversely resisting separation
the act or property of attracting; the effect of the power or operation of attraction
the power or act of alluring, drawing to, inviting, or engaging; an attractive quality; as, the attraction of beauty or eloquence
that which attracts; an attractive object or feature
The Standard Electrical Dictionary
The tendency to approach and adhere or cohere, shown by all forms of matter. It includes gravitation, cohesion, adhesion, chemical affinity and other forms, and is opposed by repulsion, and is sometimes overcome by it, although it may be assumed to be always present. See the different kinds of attractions under their titles: Atomic Attraction, Electro-magnetic Attraction and Repulsion, Electro Static Attraction and Repulsion, Electro-dynamic Attraction and Repulsion; Magnetic Attraction and Repulsion; Molar Attraction.
Song lyrics by attraction -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by attraction on the Lyrics.com website.
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'attraction' in Nouns Frequency: #1625
The numerical value of attraction in Chaldean Numerology is: 5
The numerical value of attraction in Pythagorean Numerology is: 4
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Abba Kyari is not a politician, but that is probably part of his attraction.
I would say that is an attraction, rather than a negative thing, it is quite amusing.
It's a different world and the exotic nature (of Hollywood), that's part of the attraction.
The attraction is not there anymore. The (government) is not offering regular jobs for players.
It’s soaking up the whole experience while you’re there, it’s going to be an attraction in itself.
Images & Illustrations of attraction
Translations for attraction
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- привлекателност, привличане, атракцион, притеглянеBulgarian
- atraccióCatalan, Valencian
- Anziehungskraft, Anziehung, Attraktion, Reiz, LiebreizGerman
- πόλος έλξης, θέλγητρο, έλξη, δέλεαρGreek
- vetovoima, viehätys, vetovoimatekijä, vetonaula, veto, nähtävyys, vetonumeroFinnish
- attraction, attiranceFrench
- אטרקציה, משיכהHebrew
- vonzás, látnivaló, vonzalomHungarian
- attrazione, attrattivaItalian
- тартыш, жылуулук, сонундук, аттракцион, кызыктыргычтык, жагымдуулук, өзүнө тарткычтык, татынакайлык, тартуу, жакшынакайлык, татканткыч жемKyrgyz
- trekpleister, aantrekkingskracht, attractieDutch
- przywiązanie, atrakcja, przyciąganiePolish
- atragere, atracțieRomanian
- привлекательность, влечение, аттракционRussian
- atrakcija, privlačnostSlovene
- joshje, tërheqje, atraksionAlbanian
- по́тяг, привабливістьUkrainian
Get even more translations for attraction »
Find a translation for the attraction definition in other languages:
Select another language: