apparently, seemingly, ostensibly, on the face of itadverb
from appearances alone
"irrigation often produces bumper crops from apparently desert land"; "the child is seemingly healthy but the doctor is concerned"; "had been ostensibly frank as to his purpose while really concealing it"-Thomas Hardy; "on the face of it the problem seems minor"
obviously, evidently, manifestly, patently, apparently, plainly, plainadverb
unmistakably (`plain' is often used informally for `plainly')
"the answer is obviously wrong"; "she was in bed and evidently in great pain"; "he was manifestly too important to leave off the guest list"; "it is all patently nonsense"; "she has apparently been living here for some time"; "I thought he owned the property, but apparently not"; "You are plainly wrong"; "he is plain stubborn"
Plainly; clearly; manifestly; evidently.
Seemingly; in appearance only.
A man may be apparently friendly, yet malicious in heart.
According to what the speaker has read or been told.
Apparently you are quite a good dancer.
plainly; clearly; manifestly; evidently
seemingly; in appearance; as, a man may be apparently friendly, yet malicious in heart
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'apparently' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #1399
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'apparently' in Written Corpus Frequency: #1034
Rank popularity for the word 'apparently' in Adverbs Frequency: #123
The numerical value of apparently in Chaldean Numerology is: 2
The numerical value of apparently in Pythagorean Numerology is: 2
It has been public for several years that Secretary Clinton used her personal email account, apparently following the pattern of previous Secretaries of State, although Secretary Clinton has produced her emails to the State Department, it is unclear from press reports whether previous Secretaries have done the same.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has blocked me on Twitter yesterday ,apparently because my critique of her tweets and policies have been too stinging.
This email chain provides a rare behind the scenes look at which Benghazi-related issues the Clinton camp had concerns about going into Secretary Clinton’s January 2013 testimony on Capitol Hill, and what they had apparently plotted out beforehand with a Democrat committee member to deal with those concerns, citizens United will continue to release all new Benghazi emails we receive through our FOIA lawsuits as they come in -- the American people have a right to know the full picture.
It was outrageous and should sock the conscious of every freedom-loving American, apparently all the real criminals have been dealt with in Palmdale – and now they’re going after kids who share Bible verses during lunch time.
We are absolutely disgusted to learn that the company’s cruel, violent and abusive behavior apparently targets service members as well.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for apparently
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- ظاهرًا, على ما يبدوArabic
- aparentmentCatalan, Valencian
- zjevně, patrně, zřejměCzech
- efter sigende, åbenbart, tilsyneladendeDanish
- offensichtlich, augenscheinlich, dem Anschein nach, anscheinend, vorgeblich, offenbar, angeblich, scheinbarGerman
- verŝajne, ŝajneEsperanto
- supuestamente, según parece, obviamente, evidentemente, presuntamente, al parecer, por lo visto, aparentementeSpanish
- näennäisesti, näennäisen, ilmeisestiFinnish
- évidemment, apparemmentFrench
- is cosúil goIrish
- a rèir coltaisScottish Gaelic
- जाहिरा तौर परHindi
- apparentemente, evidentementeItalian
- 明白に, そう, 思しい, らしい, 一見, ([[どうやら]])…[[らしい]], 明らかJapanese
- redzami, acīmredzot, redzams, šķietamiLatvian
- ogenschijnlijk, duidelijk, naar het schijnt, kennelijk, schijnbaar, blijkbaarDutch
- haniiNavajo, Navaho
- aparentemente, evidentemente, claramente, supostamentePortuguese
- по-видимому, очевидно, казалось быRussian
- prividno, изгледа да, привидно, izgleda daSerbo-Croatian
- zjavne, očividne, zdanlivo, údajne, evidentne, zrejmeSlovak
- uppenbarligen, tydligenSwedish
- anlaşılan, görünüşe göre, besbelliTurkish
- hình nhưVietnamese
Get even more translations for apparently »
Find a translation for the apparently definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)