apparently, seemingly, ostensibly, on the face of it(adverb)
from appearances alone
"irrigation often produces bumper crops from apparently desert land"; "the child is seemingly healthy but the doctor is concerned"; "had been ostensibly frank as to his purpose while really concealing it"-Thomas Hardy; "on the face of it the problem seems minor"
obviously, evidently, manifestly, patently, apparently, plainly, plain(adverb)
unmistakably (`plain' is often used informally for `plainly')
"the answer is obviously wrong"; "she was in bed and evidently in great pain"; "he was manifestly too important to leave off the guest list"; "it is all patently nonsense"; "she has apparently been living here for some time"; "I thought he owned the property, but apparently not"; "You are plainly wrong"; "he is plain stubborn"
Plainly; clearly; manifestly; evidently.
Seemingly; in appearance only.
A man may be apparently friendly, yet malicious in heart.
According to what the speaker has read or been told.
Apparently you are quite a good dancer.
plainly; clearly; manifestly; evidently
seemingly; in appearance; as, a man may be apparently friendly, yet malicious in heart
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'apparently' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #1399
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'apparently' in Written Corpus Frequency: #1034
Rank popularity for the word 'apparently' in Adverbs Frequency: #123
The numerical value of apparently in Chaldean Numerology is: 2
The numerical value of apparently in Pythagorean Numerology is: 2
It appears they were members of a religious cult that carried out rituals and they were apparently responsible for the crime.
Because when you’re doing a play and you’re with your family, other actors, technicians, you do silly things. You do silly things. And it becomes kind of superstitious, if you don’t do it every night, you think it’s going to jinx the show, i think Dustin Hoffman was — I ’m not saying I’ve done similar things like what Dustin Hoffman did, Liam Neesonhas know. Apparently Dustin Hoffman touched another girl’s breast and stuff. But it’s childhood stuff, what Dustin Hoffman was doing.
The stakes are too high to allow the president to install an unconfirmed lackey to lead the Department of Justice — a lackey whose stated purpose, apparently, is undermining a major investigation into the president.
The pandemic has not helped because there are apparently less agents out there, and illegal loggers obviously don't care about the virus in remote areas of the Amazon.
He lived violently and he apparently died violently.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for apparently
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- ظاهرًا, على ما يبدوArabic
- aparentmentCatalan, Valencian
- zřejmě, patrně, zjevněCzech
- efter sigende, tilsyneladende, åbenbartDanish
- anscheinend, scheinbar, vorgeblich, augenscheinlich, offenbar, offensichtlich, angeblich, dem Anschein nachGerman
- verŝajne, ŝajneEsperanto
- por lo visto, obviamente, aparentemente, supuestamente, según parece, evidentemente, presuntamente, al parecerSpanish
- ilmeisesti, näennäisen, näennäisestiFinnish
- évidemment, apparemmentFrench
- is cosúil goIrish
- a rèir coltaisScottish Gaelic
- जाहिरा तौर परHindi
- apparentemente, evidentementeItalian
- 一見, 明らか, らしい, ([[どうやら]])…[[らしい]], 思しい, 明白に, そうJapanese
- šķietami, redzami, redzams, acīmredzotLatvian
- kennelijk, blijkbaar, ogenschijnlijk, schijnbaar, duidelijk, naar het schijntDutch
- haniiNavajo, Navaho
- evidentemente, claramente, supostamente, aparentementePortuguese
- казалось бы, очевидно, по-видимомуRussian
- prividno, izgleda da, привидно, изгледа даSerbo-Croatian
- zrejme, evidentne, údajne, zdanlivo, očividne, zjavneSlovak
- uppenbarligen, tydligenSwedish
- besbelli, görünüşe göre, anlaşılanTurkish
- hình nhưVietnamese
Get even more translations for apparently »
Find a translation for the apparently definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)