anyhow, anyway, anyways, in any case, at any rate, in any eventadverb
used to indicate that a statement explains or supports a previous statement
"Anyhow, he is dead now"; "I think they're asleep; anyhow, they're quiet"; "I don't know what happened to it; anyway, it's gone"; "anyway, there is another factor to consider"; "I don't know how it started; in any case, there was a brief scuffle"; "in any event, the government faced a serious protest"; "but at any rate he got a knighthood for it"
in any way whatsoever
"they came anyhow they could"; "get it done anyway you can"
In any way.
He didn't enjoy washing his car, but it was so dirty that he did it anyway.
. See anyhow.
I don't think that's true. I haven't found any evidence, anyway.
alt. of Anyways
Anyway is the fourth album from the British progressive rock band Family. Side one was recorded at a concert at Fairfield Halls in the Croydon section of London; side two was a collection of studio recordings.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'anyway' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #1405
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'anyway' in Written Corpus Frequency: #227
Rank popularity for the word 'anyway' in Adverbs Frequency: #89
The numerical value of anyway in Chaldean Numerology is: 6
The numerical value of anyway in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
It is known that women are the largest section who shop in malls, this whole mall is run by women anyway. All the cashiers are women. Everyone in the restaurants are women.
We are an important growth engine for the company and there are lots of ways to grow. We will continue to grow with our current portfolio -- much of which is new anyway -- but if we have external opportunities that would be great, having a broad portfolio helps us in terms of our positioning and presenting in front of healthcare professionals and governments.
It's true you would have to make planes wider, but from the feedback I have got from engineers, this is favorable as it would be the area over the wings anyway and central.
The conclusions that can be drawn are limited because the original trial was a crossover design, this means that in the original trial every participant eventually received psilocybin. Because of this, there is no control group in this current study. This means that we do not know whether the participants might have improved long term anyway, regardless of the treatment.
Nobody is going to twist Egypt's arm about this now. No one cares. They think it is the best they will get right now, another thing that helps them is that the population has had two uprisings, in their eyes anyway, and after both the situation did not improve. On the contrary, it deteriorated.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for anyway
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- على أي حالArabic
- en fi, de qualsevol maneraCatalan, Valencian
- v každém případěCzech
- auf jeden Fall, ohnehin, jedenfalls, wie auch immer, irgendwie, trotzdemGerman
- εν πάση περιπτώσει, έτσι κι αλλιώς, όπως και να έχει, τέλος πάντων, ούτως ή άλλωςGreek
- de todos modos, aún así, a pesar de todo, en fin, igualmente, de cualquier maneraSpanish
- در هر حالPersian
- siitä huolimatta, kuitenkin, ainakaan, joka tapauksessa, miten vainFinnish
- quoi qu'il en soit, bref, quand même, d'ailleurs, de toute façon, en tout casFrench
- ar aon chaoiIrish
- co-dhiù, co-dhiù no co-dhethScottish Gaelic
- בכל מקרה, בכל זאתHebrew
- वैसे भीHindi
- senza riguardo, in ogni modo, comunqueItalian
- 何しろ, どうせ, いずれにしても, とにかくJapanese
- in elk geval, toch, hoe dan ook, desondanks, in ieder geval, maar goedDutch
- de qualquer forma, de todo modo, mesmo, de qualquer modo, mesmo assim, de qualquer maneira, qualquer maneiraPortuguese
- в любом случае, так или иначе, кстати, несмотря, во всяком случае, всё равноRussian
- i alla fall, hur som helst, ändåSwedish
- neyse, her neyseTurkish
- в будь-якому випадкуUkrainian
- bất chấpVietnamese
Get even more translations for anyway »
Find a translation for the anyway definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)